Besat
  • Displacement: 1200 tons

Fateh class (2)
  • Displacement: 527 tons
Nahang class

Ghadir (23+)
  • Displacement: 120 tons
Yugo class (4)
  • imensions: 20 x 2 x 1.6 meters (65.6 x 6.5 x 5 ft)

Frigate(6)
Alvand-class frigate (3)
  • Displacement: 1,540 tons full load
1920px-Iranian_Alvand_class_frigat.JPEG

Moudge-class frigate (2 built)

• Displacement: 1,500 tons
Iranian_Velayat-90_Naval_Exercise_by_IRIN_%286%29.jpg

Sahand-class frigate (1)

• Displacement: 2,000 tons
    • Dimensions: 100 x 12 x 3.5 meters
jamaran.jpg

Corvettes (3 Units)

Bayandor class (PF 103 type) Patrol Frigate (2 Units)
  • Displacement: 1,135 tons full load
  • Dimensions: 84 x 10.1 x 3.1 meters (275 x 33 x 10 ft)
81_zps505b544b.jpg

Hamzeh
  • Hamzeh class (1 Unit)
    • Displacement: 580 tons
    • Dimensions: 54 x 7.65 x 3.25 meters

Missile craft
26+
5012e6a4ecad04f54000002c-750.jpg

images

maxresdefault.jpg

180802092539-01-iran-navy-exercise-file-2011-exlarge-169.jpg

images

D0CsEc4WkAELSsz.jpg

13941111151938357008124.jpg

1.6702119.1702203481.jpg

Last edited:
Subs that can launch anti-ship cruise missiles are the way to go in mass production. They are the missing link, along with a formidable air superiority fighter to support a naval bomber like the SU-24. Having many smaller subs that can manage the Arabian Sea and launch anti-ship missiles in the dozens, can sink ships.

Subs are as vulnerable to other subs as surface vessels, the latter picked up on radar and sat in air and sea attacks, and spotted by subs visually. Large Amerikan fleets should be less vulnerable to attack torpedo subs than small Iranian fleets are vulnerable to torpedo attack. So with a tight budget, making subs capable of air launches are better.

As vulnerable to subs as smaller Iranian vessels and can't be hit with an air or sea attack like surface vessels... Subs are great and small subs are cheaper to mass produce. And can handle the high seas in less tons. Iranian corvette sized ships can't sail the deep blue sea, if other navy's standards are applied. Smaller subs can.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "AZADPAKISTAN2009, post: 11496857, membro: 19160"]
Corvette (3 unità)

Classe di Bayandor (tipo PF 103) Patrol Fregata (2 unità)
  • Dislocamento: 1.135 tonnellate a pieno carico
  • Dimensioni: 84 x 10,1 x 3,1 metri (275 x 33 x 10 piedi)
81_zps505b544b.jpg

[/ CITAZIONE]

one could choose a more recent photo, certainly they are the same class corvette, but the war capabilities have been considerably increased after the modernizations

9GpQ3Ho.jpg

7eeaBDK.jpg

no it really is
Don't get hung up on looks, ask what kind of missiles it can launch what kind of guns does it have. When in a war where 2 guys in a raft can blow up your multi-million dollar sexy ship, what the raft looked liked when they fired the missile is soon forgotten.

what are you talking? those ships would never see incoming missiles may be even aircrafts because of old tech. those ancient radars can be jammed easily. i doubt they have optical sensors that cover 360 degree around the ship. no air defense missiles! no ciws! good luck for their crew on war.

Last edited:
what are you talking? those ships would never see incoming missiles may be even aircrafts because of old tech. those ancient radars can be jammed easily. i doubt they have optical sensors that cover 360 degree around the ship. no air defense missiles! no ciws! good luck for their crew on war.
Those corvettes also have no space for Helis? How can that ship counter submarine attack.?

I would like to give my personal position on the last two answers above.
I answer to the user xbat, the two corvettes are units of limited size and displacement, you lose more than very dated design, so it is unthinkable that on them you can install all the systems to make them able to cover all attack missions at 360 ° and defense.
Therefore they identified the primary mission that is the anti-ship attack with long-range missiles, but .... and there is always a but,
1 °) the Iranian technicians have also intervened in the artillery sector with the installation at the bow of the Fajr-27 (aka Oto Melara 76/62 Compact) which exponentially increases the original anti-aircraft defense capabilities + I think they use MANPADS to help with protection .
2 °) true, these corvettes do not have a CIWS system, but lately a new system is installed on the Sahand frigate and I am convinced that once the operational tests are completed, this CIWS could easily replace the antiquated twin 40mm Bofors.
3 °) Despite the current configuration rewards the anti-ship capabilities, the two corvettes still maintain an ASW capacity, thanks to the 2 324 mm ASW triple torpedo launchers and the present hull sonar, of which we do not know if it is the original one , or has been updated or replaced.
With this, I would also like to respond to user Tamiyah,
as written above these 2 corvettes are of limited size, therefore they either chose to build the flight deck for a helicopter with ASW capacity, but everyone is aware that the Persian Gulf is not very suitable to operate with conventional submarines and even less for the gigantic ones nuclear submarines, even more so that the nations bordering this sea currently do not have submarines;
or, as a matter of fact, they chose the main anti-ship configuration, this last one probably taken precisely by carefully evaluating the surface forces that the possible opponents have at their disposal to which they can launch their 4 missiles from considerable distances, while maintaining a polyvalent capacity also in the ASW fight with 324mm torpedoes
This does not mean that the ships are invulnerable, indeed, but in the past difficulties in the sector of naval units with the ability to sail on the high seas, the modernization of these old ladies of the sea seems to have given good results in terms of experience in extensive repairs and in the integration and use of new armaments, including some rethinking of how and where to install anti-ship missile canisters after operational use.

Does Iran build and field speed boats on a yearly basis? Is the actual number of speed boats known? I believe the number is around 300-400 fitted with rockets and heavy machine guns.

Does Iran build and field speed boats on a yearly basis? Is the actual number of speed boats known? I believe the number is around 300-400 fitted with rockets and heavy machine guns.
There should be lots of them here is a clue, when it comes to pure naval asset numbers (not their tonnage or fire power) Iran is the 4th country in the world with 398 assets. Most probably the majority of them are IRGC's missile speed boats:

https://www.globalfirepower.com/navy-ships.asp

Back
Top Bottom