What's new

Type 052D destroyer VS Horizon-class frigate

Even the US has admitted that the Type 052D has the equivalent 4 x AESA radars and VLS technology to their Zumwalt class, but these clowns have no idea what they are talking about.

The only thing really similar with zumwalt are the universal VLS.

HHQ-9 is not the level of Aster,its a derivative of s-300 series,which had poor engagement envelope against sea skimmers and despite huge range against aircraft 100-200kms,only 15-25km against cruise missiles.
Technologically the AESA on the PAAMS is superior,comparable only to AEGIS New versions,perhaps even better as normal AEGIS is PESA.

Type 52d main advantage is it can field large mix of missiles[which can offset disadvantages of hq-9 working in tandem] and many more of them.So type52D packs more raw power,but horizon is more advanced.And much more stealthy.

What are you smoking? Both Aster and HHQ-9 are SAMs, as in surface-to-AIR missiles; they are not used to defend against 'sea skimmers'. For that, you have CIWS.

What are you smoking? Both Aster and HHQ-9 are SAMs, as in surface-to-AIR missiles; they are not used to defend against 'sea skimmers'. For that, you have CIWS.

Nope aster-15 can easily engage sea skimmer,barak-1 for example is another designed to deal with sea skimmer.
Barak-8 in development also has a parabolic look down self guide mode to deal with sea skimmer.I am quite sure parts of aegis can deal with sea skimmer.Of course CIWS are last ditch defense.
S-300 and derivative systems can't deal with it effectively because of their poor engagement angle.

Actually Aster can deal with sea skimmers. PLAN use navalized HQ-16, HQ-10 and CIWS to deal with them.

Wrong...The ones who became chickensh1t are the one YOU think are capable of taking on US. The ones who got their rears kicked every which way were the ones foolish enough to think they can take on US. And that includes the Taliban. Bottom line is this: Cowards survives and fools are defeated.

We leave Afghanistan not because the Taliban is any military power to be feared. :lol: But because the people is perceived to be hopeless. Looks like 7th or may be 8th century is all they are capable of attaining.

People are hopeless ? really ....? thats coming from you... ? am disappointed ....the people in Afghanistan has gone through a lot of pain and death.... and you still see Afghans trying to build a future for themselves... people are never hopeless.... Maybe you should not have left Afghanistan out in the cold once Soviet union was defeated..like it was none of your business..

People are hopeless ? really ....? thats coming from you... ? am disappointed ....the people in Afghanistan has gone through a lot of pain and death.... and you still see Afghans trying to build a future for themselves... people are never hopeless.... Maybe you should not have left Afghanistan out in the cold once Soviet union was defeated..like it was none of your business..
Afghanistan was a Muslim country then, so what prevented the Muslims from going in there after we left? If we stayed, would people like you be kind enough to believe that we stayed for benevolent reasons instead of charging the stale 'for oil'? FYI, the Muslims were heavily involved in Afghanistan, more so than we were. Without the spiritual support of the many neighboring Muslim spiritual leaders, there would not be enough young Muslim men leaving their homelands for Afghanistan.

Osama bin Laden was one of them. He had personal wealth and intellectual sophistication and he brought both to Afghanistan. So did many other Muslims who came from similar backgrounds. And before you trot out the debunked charge that somehow we were involved with bin Laden...

Robert Fisk Interviews, Usama bin Ladin
"Personally neither I nor my brothers saw evidence of American help. When my mujahedin were victorious and the Russsians were driven out, differences started (between the guerilla movements) so I returned to road construction in Taif and Abha. I brrought back the equipment I had used to build tunnels and roads for the mujahedin in Afghanistan. Yes, I helped soem of my comrades to come here to Sudan after the war."
So why did sophisticated young Muslims like Osama bin Laden NOT helped to lift Afghanistan out of the 7th century?

Afghanistan was a Muslim country then, so what prevented the Muslims from going in there after we left?

Why are you harping about Muslims ? Why would any other country get involved in the mess the super powers created ? Fact is.. you funded the extremism to suit your needs when you no longer required them you left.. Since your country was involved in this war it was your business to help them instead of leaving all those extremists out there .....

If we stayed, would people like you be kind enough to believe that we stayed for benevolent reasons instead of charging the stale 'for oil'?

Again...am talking about economic development and making sure they had kept a democratically elected govt.. as you guys talk about projecting democracy.. AS far as "oil" goes..you don't really believe U.S spent all this time and money and billions and billions of dollars just to kill terrorists and for protecting human rights .... mind i ask you why America made a false claim about Saddam having nukes and invaded Iraq...

FYI, the Muslims were heavily involved in Afghanistan, more so than we were. Without the spiritual support of the many neighboring Muslim spiritual leaders, there would not be enough young Muslim men leaving their homelands for Afghanistan.

Am not talking about Muslims .... though they have a fault of their own in this ...

Osama bin Laden was one of them. He had personal wealth and intellectual sophistication and he brought both to Afghanistan. So did many other Muslims who came from similar backgrounds. And before you trot out the debunked charge that somehow we were involved with bin Laden...

Does it matter if you were involved with bin ladin or not..fact is..you funded the mujahideen ...

Former British Foreign secretary, Robin Cook said:
Bin Laden was, though, a product of a monumental miscalculation by western security agencies. Throughout the 80s he was armed by the CIA and funded by the Saudis to wage jihad against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan.

So why did sophisticated young Muslims like Osama bin Laden NOT helped to lift Afghanistan out of the 7th century?

You are wondering why a hardened terrorist did not uplift Afgan from the 7nth century ? ..... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
@cnleio @cirr

guys , need technical specifications/features of the new gen AESA radar on-board TYPE 052D....

awaiting your reply !!!

@cnleio @cirr

guys , need technical specifications/features of the new gen AESA radar on-board TYPE 052D....

awaiting your reply !!!
Un-official data about 052D' type346A radar

25_138138_f2a389c091e3f4c.jpg

052D采用的是国产新一代有源相控阵雷达,工作原理和技术水平与美国“阿利·伯克III”级驱逐舰所采用的AMDR雷达相似,是目前世界上仅有的两种舰用大型有源相控阵雷达之一。
China 052D using type346A phased array radar, it's new gen domestic AESA radar. Its specifications/features as similar as current America "Burke III" DDG's AMDR radar system. 052D's type346A AESA is currently only two types of Navy warship's large AESA radar in this world.

052驱逐舰分析/052D DDG analysis
052D型驱逐舰的新型346A型相控阵雷达对空探测距离大约在300~350千米,可同时探测、识别、追踪上百个空中和水面目标,具有同时与数十个空中目标交战的能力。而且,伴随装舰的还有新型的“海红旗-9改”(HHQ-9B)中远程防空导弹,在346A型相控阵雷达的指控下,该弹将具备海上中段反导能力,与新加装的“海红旗-10”(HHQ-10)近程导弹系统组成梯次反导拦截火力网。
1. type346A AESA's air detection range at about 300km ~ 350 km
2. type346A AESA can detect, identify, track more than one hundred air and surface targets together
3. type346A AESA has the ability to fight with dozens of air targets at the same time
4. 052D using extend-range-missile updated HHQ-9B missiles, under type346A AESA command new HHQ-9B missile can execute mid-air missile interception mission (CNMD) on the sea.

@cnleio

so how would you compare the two vessels !!!

@cnleio

so how would you compare the two vessels !!!
I think Horizon's shipbody more stealth than 052D and its engine system(2xgas turbine + 2x diesel engine) more advanced than 052D. But 052D's type346A AESA radar better than EMPAR, 052D own 64x VLS unites and it's universal VLS model can launch multi-role missiles, 052D's air defense firepower channels more than Horizon's.

China r researching domestic ESSM, to install 4xESSM in one VLS unite. Due to 052D's latest VLS system, now i can not provide details how many anti-aircraft missiles and anti-ship missiles 052D can carry.

The Chinese members here are welcome to bring their military experience and share their insights. :lol:

True. We are still waiting. May be China would take the card?

Did I even implied it was? I always find this line of rebuttal amusing, as if somehow pointing out the flaws of something that is significant made its relevance any less.

Sorry, but 'may' does not cut it.

Sorry, but the difference is THAT big.

I will speak for air power, that is my area of interest anyway.

The US have had a constant flow of air power capability, technological progress, and actual combat experience since WW I. What does China have? Nothing. When China sent up an agile fighter to harass a lumbering American prop jobber, the Chinese pilot collided with the prop jobber and died. That is the extent of Chinese military air combat experience against US.

The PLAAF started its own version of 'Top Gun'. Good for the PLAAF. A wise thing to do. But the Americans already have many levels of air combat training and been so for decades. Not only that, we managed to fly actual adversary aircrafts against our own, not merely having ours simulate the adversary. The PLAAF have not even 1/1000th of that training experience.

The PLAAF against the USAF? That is cattle to the slaughterhouse.

The reason the PLA reformed is because of Desert Storm. I know you do not like to see it again, but it is reality and the truth. You had to perform self criticism, the real and honest kind this time. I never said the US is the only one to perform self criticism. I said we are willing to do so and much more honest about it than others.

There is nothing wrong with considering a potential adversary, no matter his capability to do US harm, as a threat. It does not matter to me if you have a knife or a pistol while I have a machine gun. If I perceive you to be willing to do me and my interests harm, you are a threat.

If China is militarily defeated, it will take a long time for China to recover. Recovery in itself is a sort of containment. A self containment.

Hey Dude, don't forget China is the only BRIC and emerging country under complete weapons and technological embargoes imposed by the US War Criminals, Japanese Imperial War Criminals, Zionists and the other Western white racists countries. So we all proud of China's progress and development. Even if it is not at par with the Aegis, Aster etc, China has been able to build a deterrent force in Asia and it si able to build its own ships and aircrafts.

Back
Top Bottom