What's new

Type 052D destroyer VS Horizon-class frigate

@gambit @ChineseTiger1986

how would u guys compare HHQ-9 and PAAMS ???

HHQ-9 is not the level of Aster,its a derivative of s-300 series,which had poor engagement envelope against sea skimmers and despite huge range against aircraft 100-200kms,only 15-25km against cruise missiles.
Technologically the AESA on the PAAMS is superior,comparable only to AEGIS New versions,perhaps even better as normal AEGIS is PESA.

Type 52d main advantage is it can field large mix of missiles[which can offset disadvantages of hq-9 working in tandem] and many more of them.So type52D packs more raw power,but horizon is more advanced.And much more stealthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
@gambit @ChineseTiger1986 @Alienware

don't u think that the possible induction of cm-400 akg gives Type 052D an edge over the Horizon-class frigate ???

cm-400 is non entity in this scenario,PLAN doesn't even use it as such.In anti ship role it was made only for PN.can't manuevre,can't hit fast targets,can't sea skim,visible on radar from way far due to high trajectory and speed only in terminal stage.

but you can't compare two warships by only their AAW capabilities and radar...even if we take it as a 'yes', Horizon class is way better than 52 in all specs except for your lovely radars and umm maybe AAW, but just maybe. Not to mention the big stealth factor. :coffee:

You know nothing about the Chinese weapons, so better to leave the topic.

If Chinese SAM is so bowafool, why don't the Iranian buy them? Yet, the Iran keep insisting on buying the S-300. Don't tell the world that China is so spinlessly afraid of the West, so afraid of offending them that China don't have the spine to sell the Iranian those incredible supa SAM:china:

I think Horizon-class's engine system more advanced than China 052D's, recently have no idea about 052D's new anti-aircraft missiles(it might not cold-launched HHQ-9 or hot-launched HHQ-16, rumors said some Extended-Range Missile like updated HHQ-16B) and type346A APAR(China next gen Navy AESA radar) coz they r latest sub-systems not read more datas yet.

I only believe 052D's price lower than Horizon, well PLAN at least have ordered 8x 052D still building more.

In fact 052D designed for current China Navy's requirements and mass production. Before 10,000ton 055 class out, 6,000ton 052C/D DDGs will be PLAN main warships.

052C/D is not the target warship for China Navy, they just to improve current PLAN strength and testing new sub-systems of domestic weapons and APAR. In the future 055 and 052C/D DDGs will make up high and low collocation for PLAN, indeed 055 class DDG is the true main warship.(Rumor said it might this year start to build 055)

Anyway i had said the same words in other thread, right now PLAN warships entering into the era of Navy AESA radar, our domestic AESA technology is Mature !

@gambit @ChineseTiger1986 @Alienware

don't u think that the possible induction of cm-400 akg gives Type 052D an edge over the Horizon-class frigate ???

No, you tool. It doesn't. And even if it did, a Pakistani fishing for affirmative commentary from the chi bot brigade would benefit nothing from it.

No, you tool. It doesn't. And even if it did, a Pakistani fishing for affirmative commentary from the chi bot brigade would benefit nothing from it.
if u can't contribute something positive to the thread than get the fuk outta here !!!!

It is bullsh!t, even the Type 052C uses the HHQ-9.

When the Horizon class got the four AESA radars like the AN/SPY-3 and the VLS like the MK 57, then go to compare with the Type 052D. :coffee:

yo-chi bot, Horizon's have AESA too, and VLS is just a launch container that can take various missiles. They have their own version called Sylver in several dimensions. Kinda puts your next quote into context eh, 50 cent. lol....

You know nothing about the Chinese weapons, so better to leave the topic.

You know nothing about anyone else, and even in case of Chinese equipment your knowledge is superficial to the point you make "typos" whiose words share no similar letters. Above example isn't your first. :lol:

if u can't contribute something positive to the thread than get the fuk outta here !!!!

Why, it's nice to see asslickery at work.

COMBAT EXPERIENCE ?

Please educate me @gambit, when was there a Combat in last 40 years.
Desert Storm. Now you are educated.

Maybe I missed something.
School, may be?

And please don't mention Nicaragua or Grenada invasions.
Why not? People shot at US.

I mean when was the last time the US fought against a worthy opponent ?
Because they were too chickensh1t to fight US.

cm-400 is non entity in this scenario,PLAN doesn't even use it as such.In anti ship role it was made only for PN.can't manuevre,can't hit fast targets,can't sea skim,visible on radar from way far due to high trajectory and speed only in terminal stage.

can't hit fast targets
an anti ship missile is used against slow moving targets , isn't it !!!

can't manuevre
what does it need maneuverability for ??? its hypersonic speed gives it a huge advantage !!! also according to wiki it can be re-targeted using its active radar seeker...

can't sea skim,visible on radar from way far due to high trajectory
it isn't a stealth missile !!!!!

speed only in terminal stage
a missile is usually intercepted in terminal stage,right ???

@gambit plz correct me where i am wrong

Ok I have the feeling you been in desert storm, cause no one else keeps bring that up.
The Chinese members here are welcome to bring their military experience and share their insights. :lol:

In boxing, a good boxer against a bad one can still clearly demonstrate his skills by winning by KO or a large margin. You can still gauge his skill level.

However it is against someone of equal or superior level can one find out more about the boxer.
True. We are still waiting. May be China would take the card?

I am not saying desert storm isn't important, it showed the level of the US military, but there are lots of other factors that contributes to a conflict.

For example, Desert Storm isn't a perfect operation,...
Did I even implied it was? I always find this line of rebuttal amusing, as if somehow pointing out the flaws of something that is significant made its relevance any less.

...but Iraq doesn't have the power to exploit it, but a country such as Russia or China may pounce on it.
Sorry, but 'may' does not cut it.

Not saying we are better or equal to US, but when the difference isn't THAT big, one has to be cautious, we both have the power to KO each other, it's just that with the skill level it is more likely for you to defeat us than the other way around, but not impossible.
Sorry, but the difference is THAT big.

I will speak for air power, that is my area of interest anyway.

The US have had a constant flow of air power capability, technological progress, and actual combat experience since WW I. What does China have? Nothing. When China sent up an agile fighter to harass a lumbering American prop jobber, the Chinese pilot collided with the prop jobber and died. That is the extent of Chinese military air combat experience against US.

The PLAAF started its own version of 'Top Gun'. Good for the PLAAF. A wise thing to do. But the Americans already have many levels of air combat training and been so for decades. Not only that, we managed to fly actual adversary aircrafts against our own, not merely having ours simulate the adversary. The PLAAF have not even 1/1000th of that training experience.

The PLAAF against the USAF? That is cattle to the slaughterhouse.

I know you think the US is the only country that self criticizes, but it is not so, so do we. Everyone saw desert storm, and a lot of people made predictions from all over the world, but to date, why did we make the biggest jump in terms of technological improvement, why did we become the second largest spender, why did we cut the number of military personnel time after time.
The reason the PLA reformed is because of Desert Storm. I know you do not like to see it again, but it is reality and the truth. You had to perform self criticism, the real and honest kind this time. I never said the US is the only one to perform self criticism. I said we are willing to do so and much more honest about it than others.

Our training program change all the time, we improve it all the time. We haven't been standing still. I know what the you thinks about Chinese attitude, like we are still the communist of old, but just think about it, if we were can we even be at where we are today? You give us way too less credit, if it's so easy, why are we even considered a threat.
There is nothing wrong with considering a potential adversary, no matter his capability to do US harm, as a threat. It does not matter to me if you have a knife or a pistol while I have a machine gun. If I perceive you to be willing to do me and my interests harm, you are a threat.

Also to your last point, it is kinda stupid, a shooting war? Do you know why Bismark didn't march on Vienna after his victory like Napoleon and didn't make the French suffer too much, he wanted alliances later.

Even aside from the fact that there is MAD, the US would want a balance of power in Asia, if China is completely defeated, it is just as bad if not worse for US. Due to the size of China and population, US can never hope to contain us the same way it did Japan, that's just a fact, so a relationship is still very much needed.

It's similar to why France was not split up after Napoleonic wars and concert of Europe was created, it is also something that contributed to Napoleon's end because he didn't care to understand it.
If China is militarily defeated, it will take a long time for China to recover. Recovery in itself is a sort of containment. A self containment.

an anti ship missile is used against slow moving targets , isn't it !!!
Slow moving or not is not the real point. The real point is that the target is moving at all.

what does it need maneuverability for ??? its hypersonic speed gives it a huge advantage !!! also according to wiki it can be re-targeted using its active radar seeker...
Speed affects the ability of the target to create responses, be it to bear weapons against or to move out of the way. If the closing speed between missile and target is high enough, the target will not be able to create any responses at all. An important point here is the distance involved. High Mach will not help if the distance is enough to engage the missile in a flight time that would allow the target to create defensive responses. That is why the 400 is designed to have its own radar: to make final course correction in the event that the target has moved far enough from its originally detected position.

Remember: In a ship versus missile scenario, if the missile failed by just one meter, the ship won. Non-nuclear, of course.

a missile is usually intercepted in terminal stage,right ???
For the defense, every missile attack becomes a terminal stage attack, hence terminal stage defense.

@gambit

if u have the choice between these two , which one will u choose and why ????????

Back
Top Bottom