What's new

Iranian Navy Assets

Looks like the Iranian Navy has limited to no air defense at all.

Iran's navy is not a blue water navy and is supposed to operate close to mainland shores. So it is always under the protection of mainland air defense and support. Iran's S300 and Bavar systems easily cover whole Persian Gulf.

Iran's navy is not a blue water navy and is supposed to operate close to mainland shores. So it is always under the protection of mainland air defense and support. Iran's S300 and Bavar systems easily cover whole Persian Gulf.
How much batteries does Iran have of S300 that can cover whole iran + its sea and high lands

they have but as you said its very limited

they all have air defense missiles in back or in front of the ships. the new one has CIWS too

1873507.jpg

Destroyer-of-Damavand.jpg

1071226708.jpg

2506490.jpg

1396041514171669011331304.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

How much batteries does Iran have of S300 that can cover whole iran + its sea and high lands
S-300s are limited but the rest of the systems are believed to have been produced in large numbers.

what are you talking? those ships would never see incoming missiles may be even aircrafts because of old tech. those ancient radars can be jammed easily. i doubt they have optical sensors that cover 360 degree around the ship. no air defense missiles! no ciws! good luck for their crew on war.

Those corvettes also have no space for Helis? How can that ship counter submarine attack.?

these posts gave me the idea of how Bayandor class corvettes might look, with a flight deck, a CIWS system, I wanted to integrate other weapon systems into the superstructure in the bow of the ship where the 20mm is currently positioned.
in the first Photoshop, two Box Launcher for SAM missiles
JR60SCW.jpg

while in the other, two single launchers for anti-ship missiles
RJYMChi.jpg

but also maintaining the current configuration, with anti-ship missiles at the stern of the ship + CIWS and two Box launchers for SAM missiles in the bow of the ship

7qsaHTY.jpg

Does iran have procured or developed a naval vls system?

Back
Top Bottom