What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

UR-500 ICBM

UR-500_3.jpg

View attachment 152388

The map is from 2009. Whats the latest range?​

Those Shahab 4 and 5 are non existent and only speculation. As far as I know, Khamaeni has directly ordered that the range of Iran's missiles be limited to 2100 Km which currently is enough to target any enemy state nearby and that only Israel being in range is enough. Perhaps the reason is that without nuclear warhead, developing an ICBM is a waste of money.

But, it was revealed days ago that Iran has finished building Qaem, a huge 4 stage space launcher. If it's successfully tested, with few modifications, it can become an ICBM with range of more than 10,000 Km, but I don't think an ICBM version will be built.

Those Shahab 4 and 5 are non existent and only speculation. As far as I know, Khamaeni has directly ordered that the range of Iran's missiles be limited to 2100 Km which currently is enough to target any enemy state nearby and that only Israel being in range is enough. Perhaps the reason is that without nuclear warhead, developing an ICBM is a waste of money.

But, it was revealed days ago that Iran has finished building Qaem, a huge 4 stage space launcher. If it's successfully tested, with few modifications, it can become an ICBM with range of more than 10,000 Km, but I don't think an ICBM version will be built.
Any plans for 2000km + cruise missiles?

I saw the naval ones.

Edit:

Found it

Meshkat Cruise missile :

The Meshkat (Persian: مشکات , Lantern) is a medium range cruise missile built by Iran.

Iranian media quoted Iran's deputy defense minister on September 9, 2012, that a medium range cruise missile will be revealed soon. The missile can be fired from ground, air and sea and will have a range of 2000 km.

The missile is possibly a reverse engineered version of Kh-55 that Iran obtained from Ukraine in 2001 or an extension to a drone design called Karrar which was revealed in 2010 .

A report about Meshkat :

Iran's deputy defense minister has announced the country plans to unveil a homegrown medium-range cruise missile in the near future.

“Meshkat cruise missile, which God willing will be unveiled soon, has a range of more than 2,000 kilometers. It will be the upper hand of the Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran,” Brigadier General Mehdi Farahi, who is also the director of Defense Ministry’s Aerospace Organization, said on Sunday.

“Meshkat cruise missile will have submarine-, ground- and air-launched properties and could also be fired from a warplane,” the general said.

Farahi said the Iranian Defense Ministry has already produced five cruise missiles, namely, Zafar, Nasr, Noor, Qaser and Ghadir, adding that the development of nine more cruise missiles is under study.

He went on to say that Iran is upgrading the “precision, radar-invasiveness, tactical aspects and durability” of its missiles.

The general, however, noted that the development of cluster warheads does not lie within Iran’s defense strategies, stressing that the country has done a lot in tweaking missile warheads, which is an important factor in upgrading ballistic missiles.

Farahi played down the US deployment of missile defense systems in the region, saying they could never overpower Iranian missiles. “We hope that nothing would happen. But if any confrontation is to take place, they will see how their claims will turn out to be groundless.”

In recent years, Iran has made great achievements in the defense sector and gained self-sufficiency in essential military hardware and defense systems.

Iran has repeatedly assured other nations, especially regional neighbors, that its military might poses no threat to other countries, insisting that its defense doctrine is merely based on deterrence.

The pictures might be useful to see :

20060622_01.jpg

Russian Kh-55 cruise missile

565633_orig~0.jpg

Karrar (UCAV)

Karrar (Persian: کرار‎ karrār, "striker", nickname of Ali, first Imam of Shi'a,) is an unmanned combat air vehicle produced for the military of Iran. According to reports, the UCAV can bomb targets at high speed. It is the first long-range unmanned aerial drone manufactured in Iran.

Iranian state TV said the Karrar has a range of 1,000 kilometres (620 mi) and could carry two 115 kilograms (250 lb) bombs, or a precision-guided munition of 227 kilograms (500 lb). The Karrar can also carry four Kowsar light anti-ship missiles or one Nasr-1 anti-ship missile. The Karrar unmanned combat air vehicle is 4 metres (13 ft) long and has a turbojet engine which can reach the speed of 900 kilometres per hour (560 mph). The Karrar uses a rocket assist system to assist in take off and is recovered by parachute.

Last edited:
not true , shahab 5 is ashoura missile with 2000 km range .

want to know the difference ? accuracy , impact , RCS , ....

only name misunderstanding .

not true , shahab 5 is ashoura missile with 2000 km range .

want to know the difference ? accuracy , impact , RCS , ....

only name misunderstanding .

I was referring to the picture above which said it has a range of 3,500 km, which officially doesn't exist. about 2,000 ones, you can call them anything you like.

I was referring to the picture above which said it has a range of 3,500 km, which officially doesn't exist. about 2,000 ones, you can call them anything you like.
fact of the matter is that :

1- iran wanted to expand the soviet originated tech to Stealth , accurate and effective medium range missiles which we succeeded in .

2- develop it's own engines from the bottom to top for higher ranges as Inter-continental-ballistic missiles and SLVs . like Ghaem , Sepehr , Sarir , Ghoghnoos , ....

P.S : the soviet nodung engines are not soviet anymore since the upgrades and new tech adaptions ... its like relating the newly inaugurated Iphone 8 to Iphone 3 , its ridiculous . hence the huge variations

P.P.S :
unfortunately IRGC Aerospace Force likes disclosure more than anything !! thats why we estimate the range of some (limited ones not all of them) missiles to be 2000kms where they actually can be relatively higher .

I’m not even Iranian but I’m very excited about this development. Anyone know the timeframe that this SLV and two launch sites be officially unveiled for public consumption?

They said it has finished final stages, but when they are going to show it? I don't think it would be long.

Back
Top Bottom