What's new

Comparison of Asian national space programs

COMING BACK TO THE TOPIC-

What do you guys reckon would be the timeline for Chinese manned mission to Moon??
I know Indian and Japanese ones are slated for 2024...............

What do you guys reckon would be the timeline for Chinese manned mission to Moon??

How stupid is that - Indians and Japanese going to the moon. It is like a sailor sailing around the Cape of Good Hope 50 years after Vasco Da Gama. To what? Ensure the route is fine? What are the Indians and Japs going for? To ensure the moon really exists?

How stupid is that - Indians and Japanese going to the moon. It is like a sailor sailing around the Cape of Good Hope 50 years after Vasco Da Gama. To what? Ensure the route is fine? What are the Indians and Japs going for? To ensure the moon really exists?
Its to test their capability....and moon is rich in Helium-3, very rare element on earth, which can be used in nuclear FUSION reactors....So for future, we need to work now to get those resources....Mind you China is already ahead of you..

Helium-3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its really not analogous to sailing around the cape of good hope. I'll tell you why we need to :
  • India needs the technology and the US isn't willing to part with it.
  • Space industry development leads to tons of spin-offs which aids the local industry and expands the existing technology base.
  • Space travel needs to be made safer and more cost effective..after all, it is the next frontier of human evolution.
  • Mallus running the isro needs to open a chai store on the lunar surface. I mean we have them everywhere else..why single out the moon ?

Its really not analogous to sailing around the cape of good hope. I'll tell you why we need to :
  • India needs the technology and the US isn't willing to part with it.
  • Space industry development leads to tons of spin-offs which aids the local industry and expands the existing technology base.
  • Space travel needs to be made safer and more cost effective..after all, it is the next frontier of human evolution.
  • Mallus running the isro needs to open a chai store on the lunar surface. I mean we have them everywhere else..why single out the moon ?

You make a valid point but in my opinion, till India provides basic necessities to its citizens on this planet - exploring the next frontier is putting the cart before the horse. I don't doubt Indian technical prowess to do it but I just don't think it should be a priority.

Im very skeptical about those timelines. China has independently sent people to orbit and its timeline is no earlier than the 2030's.

Not that it couldn't be done, I just don't think the will to fund the programs to the extent that it is possible is there.

The only reason the US got from no manned capability to the moon in a decade is because NASA was given essentially a blank check.

after reading a few posts...

Space Launch Success by India - Russian or French tech bought
Space Launch Failure by India - Junk Russian chunk bought

Satellites of India - built by other countries (like israel)

so...in short...its hypocrisy at its best...truth needs 2 people...one to say..one to listen...no1 ready to listen...so chuck it...

only failures india suffered was gslv launches in 2011....and they dint explode in mid air but were purposely DESTROYED BY THE RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

on cryogenic point of view

there were several russian engines bought...

which have been used till date except one...

indian CRYOGENIC engines werent able to perform coz the rocket was DESTROYED...although they have been tested successfully...

indian space programme is very much INDIAN...i dint get a single proof of india buying and using pslv etc...can some1 provide the proof??..

if not...SHUT UP

Im very skeptical about those timelines. China has independently sent people to orbit and its timeline is no earlier than the 2030's.

Not that it couldn't be done, I just don't think the will to fund the programs to the extent that it is possible is there.

The only reason the US got from no manned capability to the moon in a decade is because NASA was given essentially a blank check.

right

US wanted to reach moon as US wanted to prove that they are superior to USSR in technology

You posted before I did. But you didn't reach in deep enough. Look at facts with higher lifting capability. India is just trying to build something that both Japan and Chin has since the 90s.

time travel is wrong

ignore him

Back
Top Bottom