What's new

Comparison of Asian national space programs

No, Anyone of this forum know with a freefall Rupee India GDP only $1.4-1.5 trillion now.
If you use petrol price to compare the purchasing power of these two countries, India petrol price higher 30% than China mean it has less purchasing power than China.
India is $1.4 trillion and China will be $7.4T* (1+30%)=$9.62T.

either you can understand my post #140 or you can't. i can hardly advice you to get to know difference between 'exchange rate' GDP value and 'PPP' value. rest, Im not your math teacher.......:wave:

I think China needs to increase its spending on space research, at least higher than India :undecided:

List of space agencies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

here we find, even if Indian budget is around $1.32bil, if we consider purchasing power value of the budgets, then we would put spending of India at least $4bil in PPP term, making it just the 3rd after US and EU in research of this field. as, salaries of US, EU, Japan, Germany, France type developed countries would be in dollar and also they have to spend dollar to do research in their countries while rupees is needed in India to utilize Indian workers/products in rupees value. this way, on PPP term, Indian space budget is the third largest in world :tup:

if we only have the space to concern about then it is about right but the fact is we prefer to have a more balanced budget; elevating the living standards of our folks is among the most important expenditure we want to outlay!

For 2012 rocket launches, China and Russia are tied for first place. USA is in third place.

LtYQz.jpg

China has nine successful rocket launches thus far in 2012. Same number for Russia. U.S. has five launches. Europe has three.

jrOkq.jpg

A more detailed list of 2012 rocket launches with dates.

Reference: Space Launch Report 2012 Launch Stats

if we only have the space to concern about then it is about right but the fact is we prefer to have a more balanced budget; elevating the living standards of our folks is among the most important expenditure we want to outlay!

hmmm, i think if China says they spend just $1.3bil on space techs then in reality, it would be no less than $8bn to $10bn true ;)

there is no point to compare Indian and Chinese space research as China wants to catch up with US while India just wants to be somewhere in this field. I have already put US, Russia, China above to India/ Japan/ EU as these three have done even manned mission also till now. please check my post #122 which clearly put China in 3rd table with US and Russia only. thanks

No, Anyone of this forum know with a freefall Rupee India GDP only $1.4-1.5 trillion now.
If you use petrol price to compare the purchasing power of these two countries, India petrol price higher 30% than China mean it has less purchasing power than China.
India is $1.4 trillion and China will be $7.4T* (1+30%)=$9.62T.
Can't believe a someone from SG talking like that...........Don't you guys have 100%literacy over there???
India's GDP is $1.78 Trillion according to the latest World Bank estimates. This indicates 6.5% growth...........but in Rupee Terms we have seen a much higher growth of 8.5%!!!:azn:
Since purchasing power doesn't take exchange rates as a factor, the growth in purchasing power terms is probably even higher!!!
And how do you get the idea that Petrol is more expensive in India due to Purchasing Power???Actually it is even more costlier in China in purchasing power terms, due to the high deficiet between imported and domestically produced oil...........
In India it is around 78% , whereas in China, it is above 80% despite record production every year..........

either you can understand my post #140 or you can't. i can hardly advice you to get to know difference between 'exchange rate' GDP value and 'PPP' value. rest, Im not your math teacher.......:wave:

I have two quetions.

First, you kown what "PPP" means?
Second, did rupee has 200% purchasing power than Chinese Yuan in world market? Or everything in India is only half of the price in China?

Can't believe a someone from SG talking like that...........Don't you guys have 100%literacy over there???
India's GDP is $1.78 Trillion according to the latest World Bank estimates. This indicates 6.5% growth...........but in Rupee Terms we have seen a much higher growth of 8.5%!!!:azn:
Since purchasing power doesn't take exchange rates as a factor, the growth in purchasing power terms is probably even higher!!!
And how do you get the idea that Petrol is more expensive in India due to Purchasing Power???Actually it is even more costlier in China in purchasing power terms, due to the high deficiet between imported and domestically produced oil...........
In India it is around 78% , whereas in China, it is above 80% despite record production every year..........

Where is the $1.78T economic?
Don't use someone's prediction in last year, they don't kown India rupee bore so much depreciation after S&P downgrade...
And last year India media said India will surpass China in 2012...
But now it even can't rank in the top ten growth in Asia.

78/55=? Don't tell me is $1.78 T. :toast_sign:

I have two quetions.

First, you kown what "PPP" means?
Second, did rupee has 200% purchasing power than Chinese Yuan in world market? Or everything in India is only half of the price in China?

first, I tell you PPP meaning in my own language, "Purchasing Power Parity, PPP, value of GDP is calculated to measure value of goods and services of a country in US$ terms to compare the 'output' of a country in US$ term, regardless exchange rate value of any currency which keep fluctuating by 5% to 10% by every 3-4 months........"

yes, rupees is now less valued than Yuan right now. otherwise, please check these two datas based on 'nominal/exchange rate' value of GDP and 'PPP' value of GDP as below. you may read note on PPP from the second link of wikipedia also to get to know this.....:tup:

List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of countries by GDP (PPP) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where is the $1.78T economic?
Don't use someone's prediction in last year, they don't kown India rupee bore so much depreciation after S&P downgrade...
And last year India media said India will surpass China in 2012...
But now it even can't rank in the top ten growth in Asia.

78/55=? Don't tell me is $1.78 T. :toast_sign:
Sorry..........my mistake
But this one is not a mistake-
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2195.html
And it is updated weekly!!!!
It says that Indian economy was $1.85 T in 2011!!!
And Indian media never said that India would surpass China........rESORTING TO FICTION NOW,ARE YOU??

I am glad India launches and builds own satellites which help the nation progress in communication and warning of natural disasters as well as planning for agriculture and other industries. But sending people to the moon. The Americans did that 50 years - what is the point of going back to the moon? Instead of being showy - India should utilize its resources for improving lives of its citizenry. A country like Japan - now that it has scaled the economic heights - as can provide food, shelter and clothing to its citizens can invest in human exploration of space but for India and China to it is downright stupid.

I am glad India launches and builds own satellites which help the nation progress in communication and warning of natural disasters as well as planning for agriculture and other industries. But sending people to the moon. The Americans did that 50 years - what is the point of going back to the moon? Instead of being showy - India should utilize its resources for improving lives of its citizenry. A country like Japan - now that it has scaled the economic heights - as can provide food, shelter and clothing to its citizens can invest in human exploration of space but for India and China to it is downright stupid.

For China it is national pride, for India it might be testing certainly technology which can have military applications.

But yes! India should concentrate more on civilian applications and grabbing share of the satellite launch market.

1. PSLV is from France
2. GSLV is from Russia

India's engines are made or bought from other countries, so India is not a space power

So now you are talking about space power. It means you are taking India not for granted. Title doesn't point to power.
& PSLV & GSLV both are Indian launch vehicle and indigenous one too. Engine used in 2nd stage is built on the model of Viking. I am again saying it's not Viking,it's influenced by viking,heavily or not no one knows it except scientists.
Take some rest buddy.

So now you are talking about space power. It means you are taking India not for granted. Title doesn't point to power.
& PSLV & GSLV both are Indian launch vehicle and indigenous one too. Engine used in 2nd stage is built on the model of Viking. I am again saying it's not Viking,it's influenced by viking,heavily or not no one knows it except scientists.
Take some rest buddy.
I don't know from where you get the idea that it is influenced from Viking...........the only thing common between them is that both are Hypergolic Engines. Their fuels are also different.............

fiction is a chinese strong point

so true.... China CCP will give fake figures to maintain its grip on public. or else showing 0 or -ve growth will lead the public to protests.

man china is one big lying private sector company :lol: who will fudge any data to convince everything is fine.

Back
Top Bottom