What's new

Comparison of Asian national space programs

1. what a joke with 10 x 0.5 ton satellite:rofl:

2. chinese 1 rocket with 20 ton satellite

3. Chandrayaan-1 made by 6 countries, you BIG MOUTH India Big talk all the time :rofl::tdown:

I think we would rank the countries with space capabilities on the four following criterion, widely accepted, as below:

1. Overall Capabilities of the space agencies we have as below:

List of space agencies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

here we find India among those only 5 countries (excluding EU and Soviet) who have all the four green boxes

2. List of space agencies with launch capability

here India has all the four green boxes making it among the 5 only nations in this category, (considering Soviet and Russia same).

3. List of space agencies with manned spaceflight capability

here we have only USA, China, Russia on this category.

4. List of achievements of space agencies with lunar landing capability

here we have only two big, USA and Russia in this category.

hence, I would put India with the top 5-6 nations in space capabilities, who were with India in all the green boxes or above. and out of these 5-6 top space tech capable countries, there are mainly 3 who are above India, USA/ Russia with China too :meeting:

1. what a joke with 10 x 0.5 ton satellite:rofl:

2. chinese 1 rocket with 20 ton satellite

3. Chandrayaan-1 made by 6 countries, you BIG MOUTH India Big talk all the time :rofl::tdown:

I think China needs to increase its spending on space research, at least higher than India :undecided:

here we find, even if Indian budget is around $1.32bil, if we consider purchasing power value of the budgets, then we would put spending of India at least $4bil in PPP term, making it just the 3rd after US and EU in research of this field. as, salaries of US, EU, Japan, Germany, France type developed countries would be in dollar and also they have to spend dollar to do research in their countries while rupees is needed in India to utilize Indian workers/products in rupees value. this way, on PPP term, Indian space budget is the third largest in world :tup:

India can't even produce it own "indigenous" engine

india space program?!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is for your ignorance buddy. Just chill !!!!!!
SLV, ASLV, PSLV, GSLV, GSLV III. Except GSLV all has been launched using indigenous engine.:cheers:

1-On July 15, 2011 the PSLV flew its 18th consecutive successful mission orbiting satellites. Its only failure in 19 flights was its maiden voyage in September 1993, providing the rocket with a 94 percent success rate.PSLV uses indigenous engine buddy.

2-The lunar mission carried five ISRO payloads and six payloads from other international space agencies including NASA, ESA, and the Bulgarian Aerospace Agency, which were carried free of cost.:welcome: The Chandrayaan-1 became the first lunar mission to discover existence of water on the moon.:smitten: Here indigenous engine too. Some one please tell these ISRO men to transport some water down here in Mumbai, I want 24/7 water supply.Hi hi hi!!!

3-Mars orbiter mission-The Indian Space Research Organization is preparing an orbiter mission to Mars.The proposed payload of 25kg consists of ten instruments, including:
Probe For Infrared Spectroscopy for Mars (Prism),Mars Exospheric Neutral Composition Analyzer (Menca)
"TIS" instrument (thermal emissions),Mars Color Camera (MCC),Methane Sensor For Mars (MSM)
Mars Radiation Spectrometer (Maris),
Plasma and Current Experiment (Pace). Well 1st two instruments are are well over my head.

4-125 crore (over USD$24 million) from the government has been given to complete the required studies. The space agency is looking at a November 2013 launch and would use its Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle(PSLV) rocket to put the satellite in orbit. The agency is also considering using ion-thrusters, liquid engines or nuclear power to propel the bus further towards Mars.Same bloody indigenous engine here too.

5-On 12th May, 2012, ISRO announced the successful testing of its indigenous cryogenic engine for 200 seconds for its forthcoming GSLV-D5 flight.First flight test of the ISRO designed and built Cryogenic Upper Stage failed to reach orbit due to malfunction of Fuel Booster Turbo Pump (FBTP).First flight of GSLV Mk.I (c) was destroyed by range safety officer after loss of control of liquid fuelled boosters.In a setback for ISRO, the latest attempt to launch the GSLV, GSLV-F06 carrying GSAT-5P, failed on 25 December 2010. The initial evaluation implies that loss of control for the strap-on boosters caused the rocket to veer from its intended flight path, forcing a programmed detonation. Sixty-four seconds into the first stage of flight, the rocket began to break up due to the acute angle of attack. The body housing the 3rd stage, the cryogenic stage, incurred structural damage, forcing the range safety team to initiate a programmed detonation of the rocket.This testing gives some cool headache to me in this weather.

6-The Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark-III though the technological successor to the GSLV, however is not derived from its predecessor. Well I think most of Indian members would not know the relation between these two,let alone foreigners. I recognized the difference when science train came to Varanasi 1st time around 10 years earlier in my teenage.

7-The Indian Space Research Organization has been sanctioned a budget of INR12,400 crore (US$2.47 billion) for its human spaceflight program. According to the Space Commission which passed the budget, an unmanned flight will be launched in 2013 and manned mission will launch in 2016. If realized in the stated time-frame, India will become the fourth nation, after the USSR, USA and China, to successfully carry out manned missions indigenously.

8-Solar exploration program-ISRO plans to carry out an unmanned mission to Sun by the year 2014. The probe is named as Aditya-1 and will weigh about 700 kg. I think this one is the most ambitious one.

9-One of most important achievements of ISRO in this field was the discovery of three species of bacteria in the upper stratosphere at an altitude of between 20–40 km. The bacteria, highly resistant to ultra-violet radiation, are not found elsewhere on Earth, leading to speculation on whether they are extraterrestrial in origin. These three bacteria can be considered to be extremophiles. Until then, the upper stratosphere was believed to be inhospitable because of the high doses of ultra-violet radiation. The bacteria were named as Bacillus isronensis in recognition of ISRO's contribution in the balloon experiments, which led to its discovery. Holy Cow! I didn't know until I searched on the net.
I think it will create your mind hell a lot. It's not bad to lose. Bad is you lose before you gather will to resist. Just hang in here buddy, more to go.
:hang2:Jai Hind.:hang2:

This is for your ignorance buddy. Just chill !!!!!!
SLV, ASLV, PSLV, GSLV, GSLV III. Except GSLV all has been launched using indigenous engine.:cheers:

wake up :lol:

SLV, ASLV, PSLV are all using Russian Engine. GSLV blowed up in 2010, GSLV III on the ground testing helped by Russian

ROFL Big Mouth Indians :rofl:

I think China needs to increase its spending on space research, at least higher than India :undecided:

here we find, even if Indian budget is around $1.32bil, if we consider purchasing power value of the budgets, then we would put spending of India at least $4bil in PPP term, making it just the 3rd after US and EU in research of this field. as, salaries of US, EU, Japan, Germany, France type developed countries would be in dollar and also they have to spend dollar to do research in their countries while rupees is needed in India to utilize Indian workers/products in rupees value. this way, on PPP term, Indian space budget is the third largest in world :tup:

I have saw someone here talk about India petrol price higher 20%-30% than China... So why India's $1.32b has more purchasing power than China's?

SLV, ASLV, PSLV are all using Russian Engine. GSLV blowed up in 2010, GSLV III on the ground testing helped by Russian

wake up

ROFL Big Mouth Indians :rofl:

loll u chinu with tiny eyes, none of the current gslv or future are using russian engines. keep barking.

how do u know if there are russian in gslv testing loll
r u an insider??
no ur an idiot.

PSLV from Russia too

India originally tried to buy the technology to build a cryogenic upper stage from Russia, but under pressure from the United States, that technology was not provided. Therefore, ISRO has been working on developing a cryogenic upper stage for the past eleven years ( failed in 2010)

What is the difference between pslv and gslv? - Yahoo! Answers India

i feel so sorry to tell you the truth BIG MOUTH INDIANS

1. The first flight of the India designed tested and produced small cryogenic rocket engine failed to properly start-up and ignite on April 15, 2010 setting back the ISRO intent to have its own cryogenic engine for the GSLV use. Defining the technical issues that prevented its engines ignition and their resolution are anticipated to take about a year before it will again be flight tested. Although ISRO is indicating it may be flight tested again before 2010 is over or early in 2011. In the mean time India has returned to using purchased Russian cryogenic engines to assure GSLV continued operations.

GSLV - India and Space Transportation Systems

2010 BIG MOUTH BOMB! :woot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fcrOXGQl3rU

Back
Top Bottom