What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Would it be suspicious if a foreigner would visit such a public military exhibition and proceeds to take an up-close photo of every item in that exhibition?

*I'm asking for a friend
no but these are not public exhibitions

Looking at Abqaiq, it is very difficult to beat the Iranian reliability and accuracy in missiles. There is little room to improve. Note that some of missiles are solely decoy or for electronic warfare.

Source or proof? The reliability of Iran's missiles that have been fired in anger seem to be ranging anywhere from 40 to 60 percent. https://breakingdefense.com/2020/01/massive-improvement-in-accuracy-of-iran-missiles-over-scud-b/

So far I have not seen a single footage of a Turkish missile beyond 300 km range. I am not even discussing accuracy here. All I have seen about Yildrim 600 has been words and no footage. Accuracy comes after reaching the range.

Yes, Turkey is lacking in ballistic missile technology compared to Iran. But not something that isn't rectifiable in 10 years time.

Erdogan’s promise was to have an SLV by 2020. Never happened. Even not a test. You can’t have secret testing of missiles. The world is watching it.

Source?

Also Turkey has signed missile non proliferation treaty and is bound to 300 km. Missile tests are not secret.

Do you mean MTCR and HCOC? If so, they are codes of conduct and not legally binding.

Finally ToT has limitations. SK had a satellite launch with Russian ToT that reached nowhere. Turkey cannot do better than SK.

Source? And if someone can't do it, it doesn't means someone else can't do it too. I'm sure that is a fallacy

Yes, Turkey is lacking in ballistic missile technology compared to Iran. But not something that isn't rectifiable in 10 years time.

You seem like a Turkish troll.

North Korea has been making missiles since the 70’s and Iran has been making missiles since the 90’s.

But magical Turkey is going to reach where Iran and North Korea are in 10 years? They aren’t even going to launch their first micro satellite SLV till 2025. Iran did that over 10 years ago.

Turkey isn’t going anywhere. That country has so many fifth columns and is filled with spies. Erdogan is losing grip on power. They are making enemies with everyone around them even Iran.

10 years? As the Turks say “belakh” my friend.

I think nobody doubt about the explosive, the doubt is about the accuracy in that long range missile, they can hit some target in Syria too.

If Iran can prove the accuracy of 1 meter to hit Bibi head, maybe Israel will stop of try to do stupid things against Iran.

Iranian missiles only have inertial guidance?
Did you not see the accuracy of Iranian missiles against Al Asad Airbase earlier this year? Their missiles, who Western analysts previously said had hundreds of meters to near one kilometer CEP were extremely accurate, the extent of five to ten meters. As usual, idiot Western analysts blowing smoke out of their arses.

You seem like a Turkish troll.
I'm neither Turkish, nor a troll.

North Korea has been making missiles since the 70’s and Iran has been making missiles since the 90’s. But magical Turkey is going to reach where Iran and North Korea are in 10 years? They aren’t even going to launch their first micro satellite SLV till 2025. Iran did that over 10 years ago.

They've recently shown carbon weaved solid-fuel boosters, movable rocket nozzle and graphite nose tips. And before that a retired air force general broke word about a 2000 km range missile. And even before that, Roketsan was developing a celestial navigation system. And in jan 2018, there was a secret agreement signed between Roketsan and TUVASAS about the development of a 10x10 TEL.

Turkey isn’t going anywhere. That country has so many fifth columns and is filled with spies. Erdogan is losing grip on power. They are making enemies with everyone around them even Iran.

Not anymore since July 2016. I'm sure they won't put their nuclear secrets in an abandoned carpet cleaning facility.

10 years? As the Turks say “belakh” my friend.

Where was Iran 10 years ago? Could it imagine having indigenous SAM's like the S-400, AESA radars, pin-point accurate ballistic missiles, turbofan engines with single crystal turbine blades and 4th gen fighter avionics and active guided BVR missiles? And I haven't even mentioned subs, cruise missiles and the likes.

Don't now what belakh is.:D

Last edited:

They've recently shown carbon weaved solid-fuel boosters, movable rocket nozzle and graphite nose tips. And before that a retired air force general broke word about a 2000 km range missile. And even before that, Roketsan was developing a celestial navigation system. And in jan 2018, there was a secret agreement signed between Roketsan and TUVASAS about the development of a 10x10 TEL.

Where was Iran 10 years ago? Could it imagine having indigenous SAM's like the S-400, AESA radars, pin-point accurate ballistic missiles, turbofan engines with single crystal turbine blades and 4th gen fighter avionics and active guided BVR missiles? And I haven't even mentioned subs, cruise missiles and the likes.

They were liquid fuel not sold fuel tanks. Turkey says a lot of things then doesn’t deliver. Like there SLV program that now is saying 2025 for first launch.

Solid fuel and Liquid fuel Missiles are notoriously difficult to master. Iran has lost tens if not hundreds of personnel’s mastering engines and fuel. It’s a dangerous process. Hence why you can not compare tanks and air defense systems to ballistic missiles. There are only a handful of countries in the world that produce long range BMs if you exclude countries that have nuclear BMs.

The lira is plummeting and this is with little to no major sanctions.

Turks lack strategic vision right now, they are a bull in a China shop picking fights with everyone. Their allies (if you exclude NATO) are all weak countries.

Not anymore since July 2016. I'm sure they won't put their nuclear secrets in an abandoned carpet cleaning facility.

active guided BVR missiles? You mean fakour? I’m waiting for iran to display a missile like R-77 or AIM-120...

Comparing Turkey and Iran is silly. I have been to Turkey several times, and like it there.... but even their infrastructure is way behind Irans.

I always say that Iran actually makes things while Turkey proissies to make things in the near future.
Well in many technological aspects, iran is behind turkey. We can’t forget iran is under sanctions and restrictions while turkey’s companies are integral part of of the western industries and they have relations with all military companies in the world and can have access to the technology.

Well in many technological aspects, iran is behind turkey. We can’t forget iran is under sanctions and restrictions while turkey’s companies are integral part of of the western industries and they have relations with all military companies in the world and can have access to the technology.

Oh really????

Name a few fields that Iran is behind....

I have also been in Turkey and travelled with car to see the country (I could speak some turkish as a result of living in Iran's turkish provinces)..I like Turks ..they live and act very much the same way as Iranians ..I felt like being in Iran as it was during the shah..but they are behind in infrastructure or having a truly indigenous industry...this is just because they have had to catch up to many years of being poor in the 60s and 70s..the years that Iran was moving fast economically...but they have done remarkably good considering that they only have tourism for their hard currency....I hope one day Iran and Turkey can actually work together but that has to wait until Turks find their way through politics..they are all over the map and soon need to focus on what it is that they want.......sorry off topic..I know,,

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom