What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Guys, I will be doing slides on Iran's missile forces. I need to confirm if I am right about the current top-of-the-line missiles that may already have replaced their older versions of family members.

BM arsenal of Iran, in terms of ranges, operationalized ones are underlined.

Solid Fueled: 3 Staged Sejjil (with Salman) > 2 Staged Sejjil > Kheibar Shikan > Haj Qassem > Dezful > Zolfaghar > Raad-500 > Fateh Mobin > Fateh 313

Liquid Fuel: Khorramshahr > Emad (Shahab 3 with MaRV, replaces all Shahab-3) > Qiam-2 (replaces Qiam-1)

Liquid-Solid mixed: Ghadr-H

ASh-BM: Zolfaghar-e-Basir, Hormuz 1 and 2 (Anti Radiation), Persian Gulf

Thoughts?

Guys, I will be doing slides on Iran's missile forces. I need to confirm if I am right about the current top-of-the-line missiles that may already have replaced their older versions of family members.

Solid Fueled: 3 Staged Sejjil (with Salman) > 2 Staged Sejjil > Kheibar Shikan > Haj Qassem > Dezful > Zolfaghar > Raad-500 > Fateh Mobin > Fateh 313

Liquid Fuel: Khorramshahr > Emad (Shahab 3 with MaRV, replaces all Shahab-3) > Qiam-2 (replaces Qiam-1)

Thoughts?

Anyone ?

look at the pointy warhead , It's wrong shape for Zolfaqar , its more like Fateh-313 and Fateh-110

On-topic: Isn't Zolfaqar dervied from Fateh 313/110 family?

Thoughts?
Can you also share the origins and development of the BMs like OP did in the below thread? It will help understand the missile program better.

Last edited:

Can you also share the origins and development of the BMs like OP did in the below thread? It will help understand the missile program better.

The biggest marker to guess the origin of a missile is by lengths and diameter of stages and their propulsion. Except for Shahab-1/2 (all in storage now), none of the Iranian current operational arsenals has any foreign origin anymore specifically the Solid fueled MRBMs can not be remotely compared to any foriegn system. Western experts still can not figure out the origin of the Fateh family of missiles (the latest is the narrow slick skip glide vehicle Kheibar Shikar ) and 3 staged Solid fueled IRBM with TVC-MaRV warheads (Sejjil-3). We know why.

http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets/Specials/Sejil-2_LRBM/index.htm

Here I posted extreme details analysis of Iranian Space launching Vehicles (SLVs), one can get the idea of the R&D behind missiles engines produced in Iran.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/operational-space-launching-vehicles-slvs-of-iran.742579/

Look at the end of the movie
yes its derivative from Fateh-110 and its successor fateh-313 but it has some modification
Fateh-110
iu

Fateh-313
iu

Zoalfaqar
iu

Last edited:
The biggest marker to guess the origin of a missile is by lengths and diameter of stages and their propulsion. Except for Shahab-1/2 (all in storage now), none of the Iranian current operational arsenals has any foreign origin anymore specifically the Solid fueled MRBMs can not be remotely compared to any foriegn system. Western experts still can not figure out the origin of the Fateh family of missiles (the latest is the narrow slick skip glide vehicle Kheibar Shikar ) and 3 staged Solid fueled IRBM with TVC-MaRV warheads (Sejjil-3). We know why.

http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets/Specials/Sejil-2_LRBM/index.htm

Here I posted extreme details analysis of Iranian Space launching Vehicles (SLVs), one can get the idea of the R&D behind missiles engines produced in Iran.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/operational-space-launching-vehicles-slvs-of-iran.742579/
Does Iran have MiRV capability? and how many missiles are MaRV capable?

Does Iran have MiRV capability? and how many missiles are MaRV capable?

Every single one of the current arsenal has a separating warhead-MaRV with demonstrated CEP less than 5 m.

Sejjil-3 (with Salam-TVC) - 3 staged solid-fueled with an apogee of 900 km and range of 3700 km. Our answer to Israeli Jericho 2/3.

2020_2big.JPG

2021_1.JPG

Haj Qassem - all solid-fueled separating warhead MaRV with Skip Glide trajectory. Range 1800 km.

Eug-u_uXMAANShR

Kheibar Shikan- range 1450 km, all solid-fueled with CEP of 5 m.
This family of missiles is very small in size, uses a composite body to reduce weight and has been demonstrated multiple times to have taken out moving ships in the Persian gulf with TV seeker.

bsp_13194-jdw-16196.jpg

1653240137463.jpeg

Khorramshahr, Liquid fueled with ~3000 km range with 1-ton warhead while advertised as having 1.8 tons warhead with 2000 KM to keep in line with Supreme leaders put barrier on ranges (political decision).

maxresdefault.jpg

Emad ... 2 staged Liquid fueled with MaRV (replaced all Shahab-3) with a range 1750-2000 km depending upon warhead size.

1653239616662.jpeg

Qiam-2. Our workhorse for attacks in the region. Driven from Shahab-2/3 without fins with an MaRV on. Qiam-1 (older version) known as Burkan in possession of Houthis has on multiple dodged the Patriot systems.

D8I8jH3W4AAAzB9.jpg

Isn't 3700 km too much for Israel? I think the missile will not hit Israel but go further at thjs range.

Missile ranges are controllable depending upon target distance. We also have shorter ranged Quasi Ballistic missiles to target Israel.

Not to forget Our Cruise missiles and UCAVs.

Isn't 3700 km too much for Israel? I think the missile will not hit Israel but go further at thjs range.

The distance between Iran's easternmost point and Tel Aviv is superior to 3600 km.

Longer range means missiles can be fired from all over the national territory, not just from Iran's western regions. Which makes it even harder for the enemy to preemptively suppress mobile TEL's given how these will disperse across a much larger area.

Longer range may also translate into higher velocity upon arrival.

Last edited:
The distance between Iran's eastermost point and the zionist entity is superior to 3600 km.

Longer range means missiles can be fired from everywhere, not just from Iran's western regions. Which makes it even harder for the enemy to preemptively suppress mobile TEL's.

Longer range may also translate into higher speeds.

I think the debate over whether or not IRGC AEROSPACE MISSILE FORCES can adequately strike all of the Zionist entity is essentially over Salar-jan. The answer is sobering to anyone who wants to acknowledge it. Iranian ability to conduct comprehensive pin-point strikes VIA long-range missiles from Iranian soil is overwhelming. Any strike would be a "combined arms" initiative, operationally utilizing many different weapons from multiple launch points all around the Middle-East. Every conceivable angle of ingress into occupied Palestine will be exploited to its greatest effect. Zio-lands lack of critical strategic-depth will more or less be their greatest crutch. Once they starting getting pushed back. There is virtually nowhere to be pushed back into other than getting on boats/planes and hauling *** to Europe or America.

It'll be one hell of a sight to see all those F-35s, F-16s, F-15s burning in their hangars. Can't emphasize enough just how important it will be for Iran to destroy as much of the IDF air-force as possible since it's their single greatest wartime asset.

Anyways...we are all more or less waiting for the bigger conflict to get started and this entire house of cards falls down on top of their heads once it does. Zio-lands internal security seems to be failing and the oppressed native Arabs/Palestinians (even their own citizens) are fighting back.

What is the blast radius of a typical Iranian ballistic missile? For example Khorramshahr? I remember reading that a tomahawk cruise missile had a blast radius of 25 meters. The tomahawk has a payload 450 kg. Khorramshahr has a payload of 1800 kg so a blast radius of 100 meters? Or am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom