What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

2 thing
our missile in recent attack don't have full warhead to reduce damage and casualty
or
our Materials Science and Engineering is simply F up and cant match with russian to build high quality explosive warhead...

If iskandar used in the recent attack in idlab it would completely leveled...

2 thing
our missile in recent attack don't have full warhead to reduce damage and casualty
or
our Materials Science and Engineering is simply F up and cant match with russian to build high quality explosive warhead...

No, in Erbil IRGC used probably penetration warhead, while Russians used probably HE, it depend what you want to achive....

I think Iran should stop producing the Dehlaviyeh (Kornet) ATGM which has a laser guidance system. Besides its total weight of 63.7 kg which is very heavy (impractical and outdated) it is also dangerous to use because it uses lasers to continuously guide missiles and this is at risk of being noticed by sensors and radars of modern enemy armored vehicles, then this will endanger the position of soldiers from enemy vehicle fire.

Iran should start doing research and development to create a long-range lightweight portable ATGM that has a high explosive tandem-charge (tank), thermobaric/HE fragmentation warhead (personnel) and has a guided, infrared homing like the FGM-148 Javelin ATGM.

Iran if I'm not mistaken has or already made a copy version of the M47 Dragon portable ATGM but it's too weak, the missiles and guides are outdated, but this can be used by Iran to develop modern portable ATGM missiles like the FGM-148 Javelin.

Last edited:
Iran produces a wide range of ATGMs and RPGs. Everything from simply RPG-7 to the RPG-30, which fires a pre-cursor round, meant to destroy tanks with reactive armor and active protection systems.

Iran also produces the Toophan series which is based on the American TOW missile. Iran produces modern variants of the Toophan, including bunker buster variants, anti helicopter and anti tank variants. The latest variants carry a thermobaric warhead and can penetrate 900mm of armor.

In 2006, Iran gave Hezbollah Dehlavieh ATGMs (Russian Kornet copy) which were used to destroy atleast 5 Israeli Merkava tanks.

rpg 4.jpg
rpg.jpg
rpg2.jpg
rpg3.jpg

I think Iran should stop producing the Dehlaviyeh (Kornet) ATGM which has a laser guidance system. Besides its total weight of 63.7 kg which is very heavy (impractical and outdated) it is also dangerous to use because it uses lasers to continuously guide missiles and this is at risk of being noticed by sensors and radars of modern enemy armored vehicles, then this will endanger the position of soldiers from enemy vehicle fire.

Iran should start doing research and development to create a long-range lightweight portable ATGM that has a high explosive tandem-charge (tank), thermobaric/HE fragmentation warhead (personnel) and has a guided, infrared homing like the FGM-148 Javelin ATGM.

Iran if I'm not mistaken has or already made a copy version of the M47 Dragon portable ATGM but it's too weak, the missiles and guides are outdated, but this can be used by Iran to develop modern portable ATGM missiles like the FGM-148 Javelin.

Last edited:

Do you know why Laser is more accurate than IR?
Also
Missile 358 is a lot lighter than Javelin.

Guys

People change their username but their thought process stays the same.

Sinan and T-12345 keep coming in to this section under different names.

I know these guys from Ir.tab and Serpentine times eight to ten years ago. They never changed and they are like 40-50 years old now.

Last edited:
2 thing
or

I think the thermal sight exaggerates the effect a bit.

In this video, it looks similar to an Iranian missile

Although, the Russian warhead seems to be more fiery than Iranian warheads which are more of a blast than a fireball.

I think the thermal sight exaggerates the effect a bit.

In this video, it looks similar to an Iranian missile

Although, the Russian warhead seems to be more fiery than Iranian warheads which are more of a blast than a fireball.
Missiles came with different warhead type, Russians targeteted supermarket with Light weight superstructure, it was above ground and Full of ammo, trucks with fuel... Such targets dont need power Full penetration warhead, instead you Use HE, and blast will be Huge... IRGC targeteted villa with Anti shock walls, designed to be protected even from 240mm grad rockets, it also have Underground facillities, that is why they used BM with penetration warheads..But IF you loo whole video there were at least some HE warhead that produced large fireballs... But as I said, it is more about what you targets than warhead itself. IF you hit for example highway road with shell, it will always look as more powerful explosion than IF you hit Football field... With same exactly shell. Also IRGC targeteted country that is not in war with Iran, targets were in highly populated area, sou you dont want to level half the city..

Do you know why Laser is more accurate than IR?
Also
Missile 358 is a lot lighter than Javelin.

Guys

People change their username but their thought process stays the same.

Sinan and T-12345 keep coming in to this section under different names.

I know these guys from Ir.tab and Serpentine times eight to ten years ago. They never changed and they are like 40-50 years old now.
And you know, your laser guide ATGM, which will make your position easier to detect (and possibly the ATGM operator before completing the mission will be shot first) by armored vehicles or modern tanks that have sensors and radar protection.

Btw The 358 missile is a SAM not an ATGM

Try to read carefully before replying to comments, you shouldn't be like @sha ah whose comments are messy or @Mr Iran Eye who can only laugh and complain.

And you know, your laser guide ATGM, which will make your position easier to detect (and possibly the ATGM operator before completing the mission will be shot first) by armored vehicles or modern tanks that have sensors and radar protection.

Btw The 358 missile is a SAM not an ATGM

Try to read carefully before replying to comments, you shouldn't be like @sha ah whose comments are messy or @Mr Iran Eye who can only laugh and complain.

Laser guidance has its positive and negative sides. Iran has both IR and Laser based systems. Multiple brands of IR for years.

If you read a bit of history you will see that missile 358 is everything literally.

Missiles came with different warhead type, Russians targeteted supermarket with Light weight superstructure, it was above ground and Full of ammo, trucks with fuel... Such targets dont need power Full penetration warhead, instead you Use HE, and blast will be Huge... IRGC targeteted villa with Anti shock walls, designed to be protected even from 240mm grad rockets, it also have Underground facillities, that is why they used BM with penetration warheads..But IF you loo whole video there were at least some HE warhead that produced large fireballs... But as I said, it is more about what you targets than warhead itself. IF you hit for example highway road with shell, it will always look as more powerful explosion than IF you hit Football field... With same exactly shell. Also IRGC targeteted country that is not in war with Iran, targets were in highly populated area, sou you dont want to level half the city..
Great response, thank you.

Laser guidance has its positive and negative sides. Iran has both IR and Laser based systems. Multiple brands of IR for years.

If you read a bit of history you will see that missile 358 is everything literally.
You think the possibility of converting 358 missile (with modifications) into some sort of top attack anti-armor weapon is possible? Perhaps shortening the length a bit for better portability.

You think the possibility of converting 358 missile (with modifications) into some sort of top attack anti-armor weapon is possible? Perhaps shortening the length a bit for better portability.
why do that while we have that in shape of different suicide drones we have

Literally already exists, look up Almas ATGM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom