What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Very interesting.

Clearly this is not new to the arsenal and has been in production for some time and kept under wraps. Which means their are probably new projects undergoing at this moment.

If this can be produced in large quantities this could greatly shift the balance of power between Iran and Israel.

The main system would be Emad missiles, which are big and bulky. Production is not too expensive but due to size and weight and fueling time, in addition to the requirement of large number of 18 wheeler TELs, the deployable firepower is not easily scalable. Their were always limitations in using Emad missiles in large numbers. Of course it also takes time to setup and fire Emads from silos as well.

The Haj Qasem was probably not serially produced due to the expensive design based on HS Steel. I am not sure if it could've even been deployed on a typical dual-missile TEL due to the weight so only single missile TEL would be used.

In terms of depressed trajectory their was the Dezful but was still limited in range,

So finally they've reached KheybarShekan, which does have sufficient range, is scalable on dual-missile TELs which greatly increases deployable firepower, probably can be deployed in canisters buried under soft ground ready 24/7, and uses composites for cheaper and faster production. What is being shown here is cost-affordable, serial producible instant point strike weapon that covers all of Israel. Probably why they called it 'strategic'. Not to mention the benefit of good lift/drag ratio and conical glider design for anti-BM maneuverability.

Producing large numbers of these with TELs and instant launch canisters would easily shift the balance of power vis a vi direct conflict. Their needs to be a vigilant response to any potential covert action by them. This response requires the confidence of mass produced missiles that can reach Israel, as most of Iran's missile inventory is probably around the 200-1000km range (Fateh-110/313 Qiam, Zolfiqar, Dezful etc)

What a pitty, i've been waiting for Iranian df-17.
I expected something different but still got something great and very useful. It's possible the df-17 option was considered but is not something they will strive for. Possibly due to the costs and time consuming production process. For conventional power, even 100 DF-17s are not enough. Their needs to be something that can be produced in very large quantities at an affordable price to have a real battlefield effect, rather than having high technology but no depth of inventory. For example the Leopard series has evolved into a premium tank, but the actual in service numbers for the Germany military is actually quite embarrassing.

The main system would be Emad missiles, which are big and bulky. Production is not too expensive but due to size and weight and fueling time, in addition to the requirement of large number of 18 wheeler TELs, the deployable firepower is not easily scalable. Their were always limitations in using Emad missiles in large numbers. Of course it also takes time to setup and fire Emads from silos as well.
Emad is more suited for Iran Scud Storm missile launch than a Tel launched system preparation is done under the ground far from the eye of satellites ,when they see the prepration is when the missile begin launched .
ballisticbunker.jpg

Emad is more suited for Iran Scud Storm missile launch than a Tel launched system preparation is done under the ground far from the eye of satellites ,when they see the prepration is when the missile begin launched .
ballisticbunker.jpg
I understand but volume of fire will always be lesser than a solid fuel missile that is Kheybar-Shekan, just by nature of heavy liquid fuel missiles as you already know. And not every (older) bases are configured in this rail launch method. My intention is to say this is a super firepower leap.

I understand but volume of fire will always be lesser than a solid fuel missile that is Kheybar-Shekan, just by nature of heavy liquid fuel missiles as you already know. And not every (older) bases are configured in this rail launch method. My intention is to say this is a super firepower leap.

I think that, in-light of all the expert analysis and OSINT information that we've been consuming over the years. It's more than safe to say that the IRGC AEROSPACE missile-forces have enough numbers in their BM fleet to quell any IDF attack and retaliate with extremely disproportionate firepower if need be (Conventional counter-force). On the off chance that Iran makes the decision to launch a pre-emptive strike, then the IDF will be rendered severely crippled due to the immense volume of diverse ordinances coming their way. Remember, Iran will be using more than just ballistic weaponry: long-range drones, LACMs, air-launched BMs and a host of other vectors of attack (not just Iranian soil). Will be used to strike Israeli assets both at land and at sea.

Kheybar-Shekan represents the visible confirmation of what we all suspected: Iran has been and continues to rapidly increase its missile technology R&D as well as mass-production/storage/deployment of missiles. Could be likely that Kheybar-Shekan is an older variant (first) of this newer line of HGV capable MRBMs. On-top of the composite material, longer range and higher explosive force. The production turn-around time could be lower, meaning more can be produced in a shorter amount of time (although I'm not too sure about the logistics).

Personally, I feel like if there were to be an issue for the IRGC AEROSPACE force, it would be the possible lack of adequate firing methods due to the immensity of the BM arsenal itself. As the Americans themselves have stated, Iran now has "overmatch" which I take it to mean that the Iranians not only have the advanced capabilities of 21st century BMs but also the massive numbers to make this form of combat effective within a war-time theater.

More double railed TELS need to be built, expansion of the underground missile-cities is already well underway and has been going on for god knows how many years (lol). The reveal of the Multiple-Launch BM system was a very positive sign, so maybe my worries are misplaced.

@PeeD Your thoughts?

Last edited:
The Haj Qasem was probably not serially produced due to the expensive design based on HS Steel. I am not sure if it could've even been deployed on a typical dual-missile TEL due to the weight so only single missile TEL would be used.
I do believe the Haj Qasem missile is still being mass-produced, since as far as I understand, it is supposed to be Iran’s primary Israel-range missile for its underground missile canisters. When the missile was unveiled it got mentioned that a future version of Haj Qasem could have an extended range of 1800 km, for which most likely a HGV similar to the one demonstrated with Kheybar-Shekan would be necessary.

Very interesting.

Clearly this is not new to the arsenal and has been in production for some time and kept under wraps. Which means their are probably new projects undergoing at this moment.

If this can be produced in large quantities this could greatly shift the balance of power between Iran and Israel.

In terms of depressed trajectory their was the Dezful but was still limited in range,

So finally they've reached KheybarShekan, which does have sufficient range, is scalable on dual-missile TELs which greatly increases deployable firepower, probably can be deployed in canisters buried under soft ground ready 24/7, and uses composites for cheaper and faster production. What is being shown here is cost-affordable, serial producible instant point strike weapon that covers all of Israel. Probably why they called it 'strategic'. Not to mention the benefit of good lift/drag ratio and conical glider design for anti-BM maneuverability.

Producing large numbers of these with TELs and instant launch canisters would easily shift the balance of power vis a vi direct conflict. Their needs to be a vigilant response to any potential covert action by them. This response requires the confidence of mass produced missiles that can reach Israel, as most of Iran's missile inventory is probably around the 200-1000km range (Fateh-110/313 Qiam, Zolfiqar, Dezful etc)

I expected something different but still got something great and very useful. It's possible the df-17 option was considered but is not something they will strive for. Possibly due to the costs and time consuming production process. For conventional power, even 100 DF-17s are not enough. Their needs to be something that can be produced in very large quantities at an affordable price to have a real battlefield effect, rather than having high technology but no depth of inventory. For example the Leopard series has evolved into a premium tank, but the actual in service numbers for the Germany military is actually quite embarrassing.
It seems that backbone of Iran's missile detterence is emad missie and these fateh series (dezfoul-haj qasem-kheybarshekan-..........)would be being use in case of attacking on radar sites and so and so.....

As Sardar Hajizadeh already said, the Kheybar-Shekan is a 'secret' HGV missile that has been in mass production for a long time and is only now being made public. This means further strengthening the notion that the IRGC holds many secrets of super-sophisticated weapons that will only be seen when the time of war has come. I can imagine the IRGC already has weapons like ICBMs (yes, solid rocket engines have been published), multi-layered ABMs (Alam ol Hoda and ABM 3rd khordad versions), maybe HCM (Hypersonic Cruise Missile), and many more secret weapon surprises has not been disclosed (as sardar Vahidi says only 40% of Iranian arsenal is known to the enemy, and the rest is secret).

As Sardar Hajizadeh already said, the Kheybar-Shekan is a 'secret' HGV missile that has been in mass production for a long time and is only now being made public. This means further strengthening the notion that the IRGC holds many secrets of super-sophisticated weapons that will only be seen when the time of war has come. I can imagine the IRGC already has weapons like ICBMs (yes, solid rocket engines have been published), multi-layered ABMs (Alam ol Hoda and ABM 3rd khordad versions), maybe HCM (Hypersonic Cruise Missile), and many more secret weapon surprises has not been disclosed (as sardar Vahidi says only 40% of Iranian arsenal is known to the enemy, and the rest is secret).
All of the above + grand daddy of all surprises...a "secret nuclear program" run by IRGC. My opinion of course.:undecided::undecided:.

People also forget the fact that any war between Israel and Iran or between Iran and US would not be conventional alone. Therefore, Iranian military generals and decision-makers are justified to choose the least disastrous options for them and the Iranian nation. And that options could be avoiding a direct conflict at all costs. Sometimes, you need to swallow your pride and choose to live in order to fight in another day. Heck, even China avoids engaging in a direct military conflict with the US - while Washington is continually arming Taiwan and has its battleships in the South China sea. Iranian leaders aren't emotional but actually rational thinkers in this instance.
I believe you misunderstood me. I do not have a problem with the political decision to not respond directly to the US provocation. If anything, I appreciate it. It was a wise decision.
No sane person in the Iranian establishment should wish for a direct conflict with the world's most powerful military power.
But that wasn't my point. My point is that you should never be too confident and take the status quo for granted. It was Khamenei's overconfidence that provoked Trump to assassinate Gen. Soeleimani in Iraq. Trump, being the careless simpleton he is, called out Khamenei's bluff and taught him a historic lesson. Just a few days before Soleimani's assassination, Khamenei claimed that Iran could do anything he wanted in the region and the US could not do a damn thing about it.But oh man, was he wrong! It didn't take the US even 3 days to wait before they assassinated Iran's most important general and took full responsibility for it.

The problem is that I am completely enraged by the level of wishful thinking and naivety that some people are showing here, thinking that a few thousand ballistic missiles can guarantee our national security against the ever-growing threats of the US and her Western/Semitic allies. Right now the US is busy with Russia's growing ambitions and the emerging superpower status of China. That's why we've been left unbothered for a while. Nothing short of mega-tonne nukes would guarantee the national security of Iran at the face of our current situation in the region. Anyone who claims otherwise is either grossly misinformed or a traitor.

I believe you misunderstood me. I do not have a problem with the political decision to not respond directly to the US provocation. If anything, I appreciate it. It was a wise decision.
No sane person in the Iranian establishment should wish for a direct conflict with the world's most powerful military power.
But that wasn't my point. My point is that you should never be too confident and take the status quo for granted. It was Khamenei's overconfidence that provoked Trump to assassinate Gen. Soeleimani in Iraq. Trump, being the careless simpleton he is, called out Khamenei's bluff and taught him a historic lesson. Just a few days before Soleimani's assassination, Khamenei claimed that Iran could do anything he wanted in the region and the US could not do a damn thing about it.But oh man, was he wrong! It didn't take the US even 3 days to wait before they assassinated Iran's most important general and took full responsibility for it.
But didnt Iran become the first Islamic nation to unload Ballistic Missiles on US bases, causing the yanks to lie about casualties, retreat and talk Trump out of further provocations. Should I remind you that US didnt retaliate to the Ballistic Missile attack by Iran on US bases? Furthermore, Iran shot down a US drone and emboldened Shia groups in Iraq to persistently attack US bases in Iraq. Yes, Trump did take out Haj Qassem, around 10 years too late, but don't you think Khamenei proved that Iran can do what it pleases when it retaliated with force? We may be talking conspiracy theory here but I dont believe for a second there were no casualties from the US side, there were literally guards who were "knocked off their posts" when the attack happened. I doubt they survived, but Allah knows best.

Regardless, Trump left office with humiliation whereas Khamenei is still in power and we have a hardline no-nonsense government in power driving a hard bargain at the nuclear talks. I think it was Trump and US with egg on their faces, and not the other way round as you're trying to portray.

It could be interesting if we had something like this Indian developed missile among our missiles.
Truly innovative
Supersonic_missile_assisted_torpedo_(SMART)_system_successfully_launched.jpg

According to Wikipedia it carries a torpedo inside its Bay and receives data from naval and areial platforms. It must be very interesting to watch its seperation moment and also diving of the torpedo.

IRGC was developing a cruise missile launched from under water capsule. This one could be an awesome addition to IRGC's anti sub arsenal given the fact that IRGC has its Forward base ships capable of launching such a Long range platform. The Indian platform can cover upto 600 KM before reaching its target under water.

But didnt Iran become the first Islamic nation to unload Ballistic Missiles on US bases, causing the yanks to lie about casualties, retreat and talk Trump out of further provocations. Should I remind you that US didnt retaliate to the Ballistic Missile attack by Iran on US bases? Furthermore, Iran shot down a US drone and emboldened Shia groups in Iraq to persistently attack US bases in Iraq. Yes, Trump did take out Haj Qassem, around 10 years too late, but don't you think Khamenei proved that Iran can do what it pleases when it retaliated with force? We may be talking conspiracy theory here but I dont believe for a second there were no casualties from the US side, there were literally guards who were "knocked off their posts" when the attack happened. I doubt they survived, but Allah knows best.

Regardless, Trump left office with humiliation whereas Khamenei is still in power and we have a hardline no-nonsense government in power driving a hard bargain at the nuclear talks. I think it was Trump and US with egg on their faces, and not the other way round as you're trying to portray.
How many US personnel in Iraq have been killed due to these "persistent" attacks in Iraq by Shiite militias? Zero. We read about them almost every week or month. But they are just a few rockets that hit like nowhere. The BM attack on Ain Al-Assad was a farce in terms of revenging Soleimani's death. One should not get overconfident.

Trump was a president. His term ended. Khamenei is a Supreme Leader with infinite term. How can you compare these two?

It could be interesting if we had something like this Indian developed missile among our missiles.
Truly innovative
View attachment 814638

According to Wikipedia it carries a torpedo inside its Bay and receives data from naval and areial platforms. It must be very interesting to watch its seperation moment and also diving of the torpedo.

IRGC was developing a cruise missile launched from under water capsule. This one could be an awesome addition to IRGC's anti sub arsenal given the fact that IRGC has its Forward base ships capable of launching such a Long range platform. The Indian platform can cover upto 600 KM before reaching its target under water.
Imagine Hoot chasing American submarines in the air :p:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom