What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

I think the first stage would always fall inside the country so I would imagine that can be made recoverable but I don't know about 2nd or 3rd stages.
Like the Falcon 9?
Probably not as sophisticated as that but maybe a series of parachutes softens the landing.

Like the Falcon 9?

Yes. Vertical take off and landing of Space X as one example.

It is an old idea that dates back to 1960s.

Now what if we have a vertical take off and landing military missile (military VTVL).

The problem of missile compared to a fighter is the cost but it is more effective.
The space shuttles of 1980s could not decrease the cost.

Musk idea is that if one can figure out how to reuse rockets like airplanes then the cost of access to space will be reduced by as much as a factor of a hundred.

Last edited:
n203396_.png

I don't know if they can hit royal palace in a pinpoint way 😁

The question about the missile attack on KSA is:
“how did they know that there is a clandestine meeting?”

The co-occurrence of the precision attack in Jeddah with only one missile and the clandestine meeting of Netanyahu and MBS is not just sheer luck.

I think that Iran detected the flight from Israel to KSA using its OTH radars. Since the flight was observed heavily guarded with surrounding fighters, the conclusion was that it is a high ranking visitor from Israel.

The single missile was undetected until its strike. No sign of AD response seen. Jeddah is heavily fortified. Just like Riadh.

You can see how easily they could Kill Bibi and MBS. Bibi will not forget this humiliation and will try to strike back in Syria.

Waiting to hear your thoughts.
The question about the missile attack on KSA is:
“how did they know that there is a clandestine meeting?”

The co-occurrence of the precision attack in Jeddah with only one missile and the clandestine meeting of Netanyahu and MBS is not just sheer luck.

I think that Iran detected the flight from Israel to KSA using its OTH radars. Since the flight was observed heavily guarded with surrounding fighters, the conclusion was that it is a high ranking visitor from Israel.

The single missile was undetected until its strike. No sign of AD response seen. Jeddah is heavily fortified. Just like Riadh.

You can see how easily they could Kill Bibi and MBS. Bibi will not forget this humiliation and will try to strike back in Syria.

Waiting to hear your thoughts.
Update:
When I wrote this, I did not expect Netanyahu to make an emotional knee jerk strike in Syria this fast just minutes after my comment. It looks like it was hard on Bibi.

I will make a guess about casualties. This is my guess:
“SOHR will say 14 were killed from the Iranians.”

Last edited:
I suppose, in the future, the Raad-500 will develop into something like a Raad-1000, Raad-1500 and potentially even a Raad-2000 with respective anti-ship variants. Once Iran fields its own hypersonic glide vehicles, these missiles and newer generations, if equipped with them, will pose an even bigger threat to its opponents' critical military and economic infrastructure in the region and thus increase Iran's deterrence immensely.
Imagine Khorramshahr MRBMs carrying HGVs on the IRGC's newly unveiled nuclear-strike-hardened ballistic missile barrage launch and rail system, or composite body Shahid Haj Qasem missiles, some of which are terminally guided anti-ship versions, equipped with HGVs, buried underground in Iran's missile farms and ready to be launched at any given time over a distance of more than 2000 km.
In order to be able to detect and track moving naval vessels and reliably guide a MaRV/HGV to hit them over such distances, Iran has to invest heavily in its satellite capabilities and is evidently doing so already.

By the way, @PeeD, what do you think of 'Thicc Raad' missile versions with larger diameters that are able to carry heavier warheads in the future? Let's say, a chubbier Raad-500 that can carry a heavier, more destructive warhead over the same distance as the usual 'skinny' Raad-500. I definitely need one in my garden. 🤡

I suppose, in the future, the Raad-500 will develop into something like a Raad-1000, Raad-1500 and potentially even a Raad-2000 with respective anti-ship variants. Once Iran fields its own hypersonic glide vehicles, these missiles and newer generations, if equipped with them, will pose an even bigger threat to its opponents' critical military and economic infrastructure in the region and thus increase Iran's deterrence immensely.
Imagine Khorramshahr MRBMs carrying HGVs on the IRGC's newly unveiled nuclear-strike-hardened ballistic missile barrage launch and rail system, or composite body Shahid Haj Qasem missiles, some of which are terminally guided anti-ship versions, equipped with HGVs, buried underground in Iran's missile farms and ready to be launched at any given time over a distance of more than 2000 km.
In order to be able to detect and track moving naval vessels and reliably guide a MaRV/HGV to hit them over such distances, Iran has to invest heavily in its satellite capabilities and is evidently doing so already.

By the way, @PeeD, what do you think of 'Thicc Raad' missile versions with larger diameters that are able to carry heavier warheads in the future? Let's say, a chubbier Raad-500 that can carry a heavier, more destructive warhead over the same distance as the usual 'skinny' Raad-500. I definitely need one in my garden. 🤡

Raad-500 motor casing is lighter than the Zolfaghar>Dezful>Haj Qasem.
But the Haj Qasem tells us that Iran is not directly switching to Raad-500 technology.

Raad-500 motor casing is lighter than the Zolfaghar>Dezful>Haj Qasem.
But the Haj Qasem tells us that Iran is not directly switching to Raad-500 technology.

A little early to say, however, I would point out that the engine of the Haj Qassem (compared to warhead) was so light that they had to add on a bunch of stabilizers (fins) for proper weight distribution.

Back
Top Bottom