What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

mr. zionist, iran was the world's first super power, the achaemenid persian empire. Cyrus the great freed your slave ancestors :lol:
700 years ago Mongolia was also a worlds supapawa. So wut?

All this "second strike capability" talk is extremely silly.

Iran has HUGE mountain terrain. Thus only countries which can wipe Iran are US and Russia. There is no any reason why would they do so.

But lets imagine they decided for some unknown reason to wipe Iran. Do u think they will allow Iranian joke subs to reach them and fire missiles? :lol:

Now u compare urself with Germany and Japan? Thats good joke. Germany and Japan were worlds leading industrial powers since end of 19th century.
50011272ea02c.jpg

Still here ?

Remember ? there is nothing to discuss , yet after 2 days you're still here :lol:

You offer nothing but shitty trolling . @Serpentine Omit this troll

The topic is iran fired his own Submarine Launched Cruise Missile and not anti ship missile.

SO what the fak are we talking about?

another propaganda offff Iroonnnnn...

thank youuuuuu.

And a Turk enters..!!! Iranians know well what this means... Yes, propaganda and it is working... there is no Iranian missile in this footage launched from under water.... there is no submarine launching it... China and Russia help Iran everyday with its OFFENSIVE needs while they do not help with Defensive weapons (s-300)... Thanks God every sane body knows that neither Russia nor China are strategic partners to Iran when it comes to giving Iran effective weaponry systems.... Iranians have realized this decades ago and this is exactly why Iran is so advanced now in weaponry.

Some Turk brothers are talking about Propaganda like It is only Iran that practices it!!! Mr. Erdogan is a master of propaganda as world knows.... US, Israel, China, Russia, even incapable KSA uses propaganda... It is a weapon along side others... It is called Soft Beheading... but... a big but...not like J.Lo's butt of course!

When Iranian commanders use propaganda, they are smart enough to know that enemy will not be fooled with false claims... they have both experience and wit to be able to distinguish between a MULLAH PROPAGANDA (such a powerful word that many brothers are afraid of!) False statement and A REAL PROPAGANDA backed with real, effective weapons.... So, with cognizance they use Propaganda... This is why, I trust Mullahs when they say we have even more UNDECLARED Weapons for the day of battle...I trust Obama, Holland, Bibi when they in day light state, "we will use nukes against Iran or any other enemy, if necessary!!!" funny in this is that, Israel wants to NUKE Iranian nukes in order to prevent Iran from acquiring Nukes!!!! Even a 2 year old Iranian child understand the absurdity of this imbalanced, paradox!!! Finally, I trust Iranian commanders when they say they can defend himself...

Sometimes, I hear naive judgments from brothers which I expect more....
Let us from now on, consider two facts when we want to comment;

1- Neither Iranian or American commanders are children... they know what to believe and what to laugh at...
2- Non of us are as informative as those in charge with designing, building and deploying NEW WEAPONS... we have no right to impel our immature analysis into reality... Only talk certain about things you are certain BY MEANS, or just speculate but mention that you SPECULATE... otherwise, stay silent and enjoy the "Who's better?" game between Iranians, American, Turks...

700 years ago Mongolia was also a worlds supapawa. So wut?
2 or 3 thousands years ago, a God awarded a land in 21th century to some chosen people... So wut?

All this "second strike capability" talk is extremely silly.

Iran has HUGE mountain terrain. Thus only countries which can wipe Iran are US and Russia. There is no any reason why would they do so.

But lets imagine they decided for some unknown reason to wipe Iran. Do u think they will allow Iranian joke subs to reach them and fire missiles? :lol:

Now u compare urself with Germany and Japan? Thats good joke. Germany and Japan were worlds leading industrial powers since end of 19th century.

Yes, I compare Iran no only with Germany but 2 times of Germany. One can not overlook Korea for its current level of technology just because it was not among LEADING INDUSTRIAL POWERS 30 years ago... the same goes with China, India, Brasil, Iran, Turkey... so what a loose conclusion!

But let,s imagine they decided for some known reasons to wipe Iran. Do you think Iranians will allow others to reach them and wipe them out?? Maybe they can wipe our A S S es!! Although, we wash it, despite others who make paintings with a piece of paper and at the end of they they need to take a shower or they smell!!! Iran is an scorpion with tens of legs each armed with one unique dagger, Iran is both a regular Army nation + a very experienced non-asymmetric army....

Western research sources declared if any war were to start with Iran, at least, and in its most pessimistic form, 15% of all Iranians will die for their country.... ok, it is somehow bigger than your total population in Occupied Palestine... is n,t it? This is even more lethal when we know, %95 of all Iranian men between 18 to 55 have passed at least two years in military service. So, they are ready to fight.... It is naive to think while enemies were threatening Iran with extinction, Iranians were sat down day-dreaming nd doing nothing!! You have no Idea what awaits you, if half of what I have heard about Iran recently is true.... let,s face it... all USA with all its sophisticated weapons...could not finish their self-raised Alghaeda, when we hear then everyday, they conquered somewhere new... Libya for instance... Occupied Palestine could not finish his so called small terrorist organizations around its tiny land.... How can a sane human conclude they can wipe out Iran which is the mother scorpion!!??

Nobody can wipe out a country and nation like Iran... It has been, and will be your nightmare at night and day-mares in daylight... Iran and Iranians are the oldest continuous civilized country in the whole history of civilization. If no power could have wipe Iran out despite ups and downs...why do you think this time will be any different?

The funny thing is that, whatever, you say about Iran...we say 2 times more about yourself... I once was in a country for Working & Holiday maker program.... I was living with two Israeli girls, pretty educated...well-sensed... they explained to me well what and how Israel is... they were telling stories from their time in military.... so, don,t be sure about what has injected into your mind as reality....

I hope no war unleashes...but if it does... let,s hope...neither of Iran or West is as powerful as they claim... we are humans at the end of the day...

Iran is changing in a day over day rate... Today's Iranian advancements in military power, equipment and technology is the story of you come to me saying C-802 is Iran's latest cruise while I look at you with my eyes got out of surprise!!! I,m an Iranian... I have my credible sources... I,m always behind latest, even thought I ask for updates every short while... If we argue about how good Iran or Occupied Palestine is in this or in that... we never gonna be finished with it... so let,s make a deal soldier.... Let,s wait and see what happens in future... let,s see if Iran is comparable to Germany or 10 times of Germany....

Anyhow, I wish the final peace for humanity... although, I,m rather sure that won,t be happening in my life time!

All this "second strike capability" talk is extremely silly..
silly the only silly here is you and Netanyadog .
on 3rd march Netanyadog is going to let you all know about how much peace full is our nuclear program is
7c0531e13f40.jpg

just if you did not know this is new information been revealed about our peaceful nuclear program

New details about Lavizan-3
National Council of Resistance of IranU.S. Representative Office - Home

Iran is new to the club , We are still really happy with 2000km-ranged meshkat which has about half the range .
I just want to be on record . you will regulate the 2000 KM nonsense .
i am not challenging you on that I just want to be on record brother

and please wait till the details comes out and do not compare it to Chinese DH-10 . what you just been shown has 4 times more capability and speed than Chinese DH-10 .
I just want to be on record

Last edited:
No problem bro , But you guys should share your new AWACS systems too :D

@Menace2Society
No need for sharing... We have great news regarding this radars too... Iranian young scientists are working on two different AWACS platforms.... one mini-awacs and one serious one... The first one is about to be installed on balloons and UAVs and the other one on Military transport type airplanes... the latter is comparable to what Pakistan received recently...

1 you not but the iranian members well.
2 you stil dont get it, the missiles they added(picture of several meter long) are to big for submarine.
3 yes of course is a russian sub with missile, not iran.

thank you
why do you think a missile like the one fired from underwater is big for a 65 to 85 meters long submarine? Only if you meant 533 tubes it might be true..otherwise, it is very practical and possible to allocate space for this size of missile in a semi-heavy sub..although, Iran already has KILO class subs which are two times heavier and Iran already showed it can modify or upgrade them in the way they want it...

silly the only silly here is you and Netanyadog .
on 3rd march Netanyadog is going to let all know about how much peace full is our nuclear program is
7c0531e13f40.jpg

just if you did not know this is new information been revealed about our peaceful nuclear program

New details about Lavizan-3
National Council of Resistance of IranU.S. Representative Office - Home

I just want to be on record . you will regulate the 2000 KM nonsense .
i am not challenging you on that I just want to be on record brother

and please wait till the details comes out and do not compare it to Chinese DH-10 . what you just show has 4 times more capability and speed than Chinese DH-10 .
I just want to be on record
There are at least four ways in which BIBI is making Occupied Palestine embarrassed; perhaps the most significant is when a regime like Occupied Palestine talks about an Iranian peaceful nuclear activity to be suspicious of being military, while, himself, the Prime Joker BIBI is from a regime which has Nuclear bombs!!!! what a paradox... it is like I condemn you eating candies while I have a bunch of them in my pockets and under my tongue!!!

The second ridiculous way is when, an official position holder like funny BIBI, draw paintings (that probably his grandsons draw it) to prove Iran only has 6 month to nukes....

The third and most funny one is when it is now 15 years or more that bibi and its colleagues that they claim Iran is only 6 months away from bomb. This 6 months have been repeated so much that when bibi wants to talk everybody knows what he want to say!!!

The fourth and even more funny is that, Bibi talks about that 6 months in conferences even about food security in Africa!! Although with that painting in UN in 2012, I don,t find it unlikely for him to only see SECURITY in "Food Security" title!!!

It doesn't matter, as long as you have mastered the technology, you will soon catch up.

The 2000km is the ground breaking benchmark for you submerged missile technology, so you will be able to improve up to 4000km or more in the future.
The problem with 2000 Benchmark was not about capability but rather it was Iran's official range limit declared by our leaders. They wanted to make the world assured we only need 2000 km so we can defend ourselves against Occupied Palestine and Western bases in ME, but fortunately, this limit has being removed a year ago if I,m not wrong... Iran showed a good will first...West offended more... they made sanctions on oil and money transfer... Iran declared the limit removed... Iran is now ICBM capable...but Cruise missiles with ranges greated than 2000kms, are under construction

Masha'Allah, another great achievement by the people of Iran. Congratulations, and Insha'Allah we will see more achievements in the future..

and also just a reminder, THERE WILL BE HATERS ! :cheers:

I second you bro. Congratulations to Iran and all of peace-loving people across the globe. Hopefully, it is already mass produced, and more capable missiles are in store. I see the haters distracting the topic, but what can they do other than hating?

Can we agree that water is much more dense than air and that moving thru water requires much more energy and effort ? Yes, we can agree.

By itself, launching a missile from UNDER water surface is no technically easy task, then add in the depth of water that the missile must travel through before breaking the surface and the technical issues are considerable.

First...There is the sea state...

Douglas Sea Scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whatever the surface does, there are effects under the surface. A Cat 4 hurricane produced surface waves can affect underwater motions as deep as 100 meters. Obviously, no one is going to be launching subsurface missiles under these conditions. But even on the Douglas sea state of 0, there are underwater currents that WILL produce lateral course deviations of any body that travels perpendicular to those currents. An underwater missile launch will not be travelling with the current flow but quite vertically or with some angular path before breaking surface, correct ? So it appears the stability issues are quite resolved by the Iranians. We do not know up to what sea scale can this Iranian missile be launched but we can be generous with the kudos to the Iranians for resolving this.

Next...Breaking the surface...

Technically speaking, a torpedo is a missile -- an underwater missile -- of sorts. This is not semantics or wordplays to denigrate the Iranians. A torpedo is a technical sub-category of the missile family, and it is designed to operate underwater. Anyone who have been underwater, even in a bath tub, know how sensory deadened underwater can be. A torpedo is designed specifically for this environment. A missile, and let us use this word to denote an air traveling vehicle, is -- not so designed. This mean the missile must temporarily be a torpedo, and no matter how short that duration maybe, the entire contraption must have some awareness of the environments (plural) and when the contraption changes from a being a torpedo living underwater to an air traveling missile. It seems the Iranians have resolved this issue as well.

Next...The avionics...

The word 'avionics' is a portmanteau of 'aviation' and 'electronics'. A missile is an aircraft. Its avionics are designed for atmospheric flights. Its sensors are designed for effects that are produced by air, not effects produced by water. The avionics that depends on those sensors are engineered specifically for those effects from air, not effects from water. It means there cannot be a mismatch between sensors and the processors that work on those effects. It means the missile's avionics are essentially blind. The word 'blind' is important. It does not mean the avionics are not powered. It mean the entire avionics system is physically isolated from everything when it is underwater. Not only isolated but also protected because if the avionics are active, just waiting for those air produced effects, and somehow water produced effects are available, flight controls systems maybe activated underwater and disasters ensues.

If I look at this from a control system designer's perspective, there are several options available. The missile can have a physical switch that senses pressure differential between water pressure and air pressure. Now the question is the quality of this switch such as response time when the missile changes environment -- water to air. Assume the switch is top tier. Now the question is where to place the switch. If I place the switch at the missile's top section, the section that is the first to break surface, I must have a time delay based upon the missile's physical dimension, as from when the missile's lower section finally cleared the water's surface. Or I can place the switch at the missile's lowest part so there is no mistaking when the missile is no longer a torpedo.

This begs the question of: Are there advantages, disadvantages, and flaws on the location of this switch ? Absolutely.

If I place the switch at the missile's top section, the section that is the first to break surface, I can design in a pre-conditioning system that alerts the main avionics that the missile is about to break surface and these are the immediate air environment such as temperature, wind speed, baro, etc. If I place the switch at the lowest section, the section that is the last to clear water surface, the avionics would be shocked into service and sensors are at greatest risk for overload and require time to readjust. Or instead of just one switch, there can be several switches at strategic locations on the missile's body.

Depending on the missile's type, is it a pure ballistic or a cruise, I can design a control system with several switches to pre-condition the avionics' sub-systems to precision sequentially activate to maximize stability at environmental changes and finally -- stable flight. A ballistic missile does not have wings for aerodynamic exploitation but a cruise missile does, so I need to know when is the best time to deploy those wings. Going back to the Douglas sea scale. Since I may not have complete freedom to find stable location to launch, I should not have the missile in horizontal flight until X time have passed. I want the missile to continue vertical flight for at least two reasons:

1- To clear any potential higher than 0 sea state.
2- To allow the avionics time to assess the environment.

The longer this vertical flight, the better. But the downside is if the missile is a cruise type, the longer this vertical flight time, the higher the altitude, and the greater the risk of detection by the enemy. Remember, this is a subsurface launch, implying the launch mechanism -- the submarine -- want to get as close to the target as possible.

Summary...The technical issues presented are in no way comprehensive. The more sophisticate the base technology that supports the missile, no matter what type is it, the more sophisticate the weapon will be and the greater the flexibility of environment it can operate from. The US Navy is not going to tell you under what sea state it can subsurface launch its missiles, ballistic or cruise. For all you guys know, and I said 'you' without me in that group, the US Navy can subsurface launch under the cover of a Cat 4 hurricane and no one would know it.

Going back to the Iranians...What they did was technically impressive, and even if all they did was under sea state 0, they would be able to compensate for higher sea states. Kudos to them.

Some points:

Its possible that this is indeed a SLBM considering following facts:

1. It does not use a Tomahawk, Noor or supposedly Meshkat like mini trubofan/turbojet, for this the smoke is too heavy and one solid fuel booster would be sufficient instead of the two used.

2. I have never seen a video of the Soviet Granit missile being launched but even a Granit like missile would not produce that amount of smoke, this is not typical for a ram jet engine. However there is the possibility that missiles like the Granit use a special higher power ram jet propulsion in their acceleration phase. If anyone finds a video of a submarine launch of the Granit it would be great.

3. As it almost certainly employs a high thrust solid fuel engine beside its booster everything is hinting to a SLBM. There is no heavy AshM known to me that uses a soild fuel engine as this would drastically reduce its long range capability. It would be fast Mach 3-4+ at sea level but with a poor range.
This missile is big, if it would be smaller, such a solid fuel AshM would make sense as a shortrange supersonic AshM.

4. Because its certainly a big missile and most likely not a torpedo tube launched one, it needs a specialized launch platform

5. For testing proposes it is possible that a very depressed trajectory was flown, i.e to test its max-q performance. We have seen depressed trajectory in other ballistic missiles. Under operational conditions its not efficient in regards of range but depressed trajectories can be used to reduce the warning time, because the enemies radars will not be able to track it at long range as in ballistic trajectories.

This could be a very important development for Iran's deterrence capability.

The video makes some things clear

1. This is not a Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile. This has not been claimed as SLBM by Iran or by posters here and test video proves so. This missile has been fired at such depressed angle that it could not be a SLBM.

This either is a cruise missile capable of maneuver or a Submarine launched rocket. At this angle missile would never neave troposphere.

2. This size of missile could not be lauched from Torpedo tubes.

3. This missile has not been launched from VLS

4. This missile has emerged from sea with its boosters burning. This means that it has not been launched like a traditional SLBM or SLCM where pressurised air propels missile to surface and after that its engine ignites.

5. Combining point 2,3,&4 means that this is not a Submarine Launched Cruise Missile. This missile is a of a complete new category which could be called Undersea Launched Cruise Missile.

Now some poster ( I think @haman10 ) has speculated that this missile has been launched from special launchers fitted to your submarine. I only half agree with him. Though this has been launched from special launchers, I do not think those launchers have been welded on your Submarine. This is due to two reason. First being that if launchers are welded to your submarine, your submarine would become unstable when it launches this missile due to recoil. It may go into a uncontrolled spin.This is due to the reason that an externbally welded launch system would be at a greater distence from submarin's core and thus same amount of force would result in greater torque.Second being that igniting a missile inside a tube is dangerous for a Submarine. If missile fails for some reason, it would blow up your Submarine. This is the reason that mose SLBMs and SLCMs adopted pressurise air ejection system.

What I think is that this missile has been launched and would be employed from a specialised towed launched system (in similar ways like Towed Sonar arrays are employed with submarines) which would be towed by your submarines.

This would make increase sonar profile of your submarines, but let's be realistic here. Most of big navies with extensive ASW arm would have easily detected your subs anyway (I am talking about USN here, but there are at least two dozen more Navies apart from USN which has highly developed ASW arm), but your enemies could not. Your Arab enemies does not have a Navy to speak of, and Israelis (If this missile has enough range to reach Israel) could not bring their ASW assets to Persian Gulf. So it would satisfy needs of Iran.

I am with @rahi2357 on this one as I think he has depicted correct launch system in one of earlier post.

lol Tomahawak looks like a teeny tiny mosquito compared to this babe :lol:

That is a plus point for Tomahawk as a missile has to be teeny tiny in order to be launched from tubes. Number of Tube fired SLCM from a submarine is limited by storage capacity of a submarine (would be in hundreds) as all missiles could be fired from single torpedo tube. In VLS system or the system that Iran would employ, number of missiles are limited by number of Tubes (in single digit) and the Sub has to return to port in order to reload.

@kollang @Serpentine @mohsen @SOHEIL @Arminkh @Daneshmand @rahi2357 @Ostad @jack 86000 @Dominance @500 @yavar @Imran Khan @raptor22 @Azeri440 @gambit @Hyperion @Oscar @Oldman1 @rahi2357 @JEskandari @Oublious @Militant Atheist @xenon54 @Penguin

What do you think about this missile?

Last edited:
WHAT THE HELL?!!

Hats off! Congratulations to all Iranians and rest of our friends. I'm just speechless!

Can we agree that water is much more dense than air and that moving thru water requires much more energy and effort ? Yes, we can agree.

By itself, launching a missile from UNDER water surface is no technically easy task, then add in the depth of water that the missile must travel through before breaking the surface and the technical issues are considerable.

First...There is the sea state...

Douglas Sea Scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whatever the surface does, there are effects under the surface. A Cat 4 hurricane produced surface waves can affect underwater motions as deep as 100 meters. Obviously, no one is going to be launching subsurface missiles under these conditions. But even on the Douglas sea state of 0, there are underwater currents that WILL produce lateral course deviations of any body that travels perpendicular to those currents. An underwater missile launch will not be travelling with the current flow but quite vertically or with some angular path before breaking surface, correct ? So it appears the stability issues are quite resolved by the Iranians. We do not know up to what sea scale can this Iranian missile be launched but we can be generous with the kudos to the Iranians for resolving this.

Next...Breaking the surface...

Technically speaking, a torpedo is a missile -- an underwater missile -- of sorts. This is not semantics or wordplays to denigrate the Iranians. A torpedo is a technical sub-category of the missile family, and it is designed to operate underwater. Anyone who have been underwater, even in a bath tub, know how sensory deadened underwater can be. A torpedo is designed specifically for this environment. A missile, and let us use this word to denote an air traveling vehicle, is -- not so designed. This mean the missile must temporarily be a torpedo, and no matter how short that duration maybe, the entire contraption must have some awareness of the environments (plural) and when the contraption changes from a being a torpedo living underwater to an air traveling missile. It seems the Iranians have resolved this issue as well.

Next...The avionics...

The word 'avionics' is a portmanteau of 'aviation' and 'electronics'. A missile is an aircraft. Its avionics are designed for atmospheric flights. Its sensors are designed for effects that are produced by air, not effects produced by water. The avionics that depends on those sensors are engineered specifically for those effects from air, not effects from water. It means there cannot be a mismatch between sensors and the processors that work on those effects. It means the missile's avionics are essentially blind. The word 'blind' is important. It does not mean the avionics are not powered. It mean the entire avionics system is physically isolated from everything when it is underwater. Not only isolated but also protected because if the avionics are active, just waiting for those air produced effects, and somehow water produced effects are available, flight controls systems maybe activated underwater and disasters ensues.

If I look at this from a control system designer's perspective, there are several options available. The missile can have a physical switch that senses pressure differential between water pressure and air pressure. Now the question is the quality of this switch such as response time when the missile changes environment -- water to air. Assume the switch is top tier. Now the question is where to place the switch. If I place the switch at the missile's top section, the section that is the first to break surface, I must have a time delay based upon the missile's physical dimension, as from when the missile's lower section finally cleared the water's surface. Or I can place the switch at the missile's lowest part so there is no mistaking when the missile is no longer a torpedo.

This begs the question of: Are there advantages, disadvantages, and flaws on the location of this switch ? Absolutely.

If I place the switch at the missile's top section, the section that is the first to break surface, I can design in a pre-conditioning system that alerts the main avionics that the missile is about to break surface and these are the immediate air environment such as temperature, wind speed, baro, etc. If I place the switch at the lowest section, the section that is the last to clear water surface, the avionics would be shocked into service and sensors are at greatest risk for overload and require time to readjust. Or instead of just one switch, there can be several switches at strategic locations on the missile's body.

Depending on the missile's type, is it a pure ballistic or a cruise, I can design a control system with several switches to pre-condition the avionics' sub-systems to precision sequentially activate to maximize stability at environmental changes and finally -- stable flight. A ballistic missile does not have wings for aerodynamic exploitation but a cruise missile does, so I need to know when is the best time to deploy those wings. Going back to the Douglas sea scale. Since I may not have complete freedom to find stable location to launch, I should not have the missile in horizontal flight until X time have passed. I want the missile to continue vertical flight for at least two reasons:

1- To clear any potential higher than 0 sea state.
2- To allow the avionics time to assess the environment.

The longer this vertical flight, the better. But the downside is if the missile is a cruise type, the longer this vertical flight time, the higher the altitude, and the greater the risk of detection by the enemy. Remember, this is a subsurface launch, implying the launch mechanism -- the submarine -- want to get as close to the target as possible.

Summary...The technical issues presented are in no way comprehensive. The more sophisticate the base technology that supports the missile, no matter what type is it, the more sophisticate the weapon will be and the greater the flexibility of environment it can operate from. The US Navy is not going to tell you under what sea state it can subsurface launch its missiles, ballistic or cruise. For all you guys know, and I said 'you' without me in that group, the US Navy can subsurface launch under the cover of a Cat 4 hurricane and no one would know it.

Going back to the Iranians...What they did was technically impressive, and even if all they did was under sea state 0, they would be able to compensate for higher sea states. Kudos to them.
Thanks for detailed analysis of the challenges.

The video makes some things clear

1. This is not a Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile. This has not been claimed as SLBM by Iran or by posters here and test video proves so. This missile has been fired at such depressed angle that it could not be a SLBM.

This either is a cruise missile capable of maneuver or a Submarine launched rocket. At this angle missile would never neave troposphere.

2. This size of missile could not be lauched from Torpedo tubes.

3. This missile has not been launched from VLS

4. This missile has emerged from sea with its boosters burning. This means that it has not been launched like a traditional SLBM or SLCM where pressurised air propels missile to surface and after that its engine ignites.

5. Combining point 2,3,&4 means that this is not a Submarine Launched Cruise Missile. This missile is a of a complete new category which could be called Undersea Launched Cruise Missile.

Now some poster ( I think @haman10 ) has speculated that this missile has been launched from special launchers fitted to your submarine. I only half agree with him. Though this has been launched from special launchers, I do not think those launchers have been welded on your Submarine. This is due to two reason. First being that if launchers are welded to your submarine, your submarine would become unstable when it launches this missile due to recoil. It may go into a uncontrolled spin.This is due to the reason that an externbally welded launch system would be at a greater distence from submarin's core and thus same amount of force would result in greater torque.Second being that igniting a missile inside a tube is dangerous for a Submarine. If missile fails for some reason, it would blow up your Submarine. This is the reason that mose SLBMs and SLCMs adopted pressurise air ejection system.

What I think is that this missile has been launched and would be employed from a specialised towed launched system (in similar ways like Towed Sonar arrays are employed with submarines) which would be towed by your submarines.

This would make increase sonar profile of your submarines, but let's be realistic here. Most of big navies with extensive ASW arm would have easily detected your subs anyway (I am talking about USN here, but there are at least two dozen more Navies apart from USN which has highly developed ASW arm), but your enemies could not. Your Arab enemies does not have a Navy to speak of, and Israelis (If this missile has enough range to reach Israel) could not bring their ASW assets to Persian Gulf. So it would satisfy needs of Iran.

I am with @rahi2357 on this one as I think he has depicted correct launch system in one of earlier post.

That is a plus point for Tomahawk as a missile has to be teeny tiny in order to be launched from tubes. Number of Tube fired SLCM from a submarine is limited by storage capacity of a submarine (would be in hundreds) as all missiles could be fired from single torpedo tube. In VLS system or the system that Iran would employ, number of missiles are limited by number of Tubes (in single digit) and the Sub has to return to port in order to reload.

@kollang @Serpentine @mohsen @SOHEIL @Arminkh @Daneshmand @rahi2357 @Ostad @jack 86000 @Dominance @500 @yavar @Imran Khan @raptor22 @Azeri440 @gambit @Hyperion @Oscar @Oldman1 @rahi2357 @JEskandari @Oublious @Militant Atheist @xenon54 @Penguin

What do you think about this missile?

I agree that none of the publicized Iran's subs have the capacity or the capability to lunch such missile. Lets remember that this was an IRGC war game, meaning Iran's Navy Assets were not used. That rules out the kilo class and Fateh submarine.

As far as I know publicized use of subs by IRGC is limited to Ghadir subs, which neither would be able to fit this monster inside their chassis, neither are that large and powerful to be able to handle exterior lunch tube. I also don't think they are capable of towing a launch facility.

I'd say, there is another submerged carrier that we don't know about. Maybe a larger submarine that we have not heard about? Remember this missile was not developed overnight. Who knows what else Iran has that nobody know about. Iran's military leaders have always said what goes public is only a fraction of the actual capabilities.

WHAT THE HELL?!!

Hats off! Congratulations to all Iranians and rest of our friends. I'm just speechless!

Thanks for detailed analysis of the challenges.

I agree that none of the publicized Iran's subs have the capacity or the capability to lunch such missile. Lets remember that this was an IRGC war game, meaning Iran's Navy Assets were not used. That rules out the kilo class and Fateh submarine.

As far as I know publicized use of subs by IRGC is limited to Ghadir subs, which neither would be able to fit this monster inside their chassis, neither are that large and powerful to be able to handle exterior lunch tube. I also don't think they are capable of towing a launch facility.

I'd say, there is another submerged carrier that we don't know about. Maybe a larger submarine that we have not heard about? Remember this missile was not developed overnight. Who knows what else Iran has that nobody know about. Iran's military leaders have always said what goes public is only a fraction of the actual capabilities.

I do not think that any Sub in the world would be able to launch that size missile from tubes, so you could be sure that Iran also could not. This is not a VLS launch so by process of elimination, only towed launchers are left.

Subs could tow sonar arrays. I think they could also Tow a launching system though at very great compromise in speed and stealth. And number of towed missiles would not be more than a couple or so.

I do not think that any Sub in the world would be able to launch that size missile from tubes, so you could be sure that Iran also could not. This is not a VLS launch so by process of elimination, only towed launchers are left.

Subs could tow sonar arrays. I think they could also Tow a launching system though at very great compromise in speed and stealth. And number of towed missiles would not be more than a couple or so.

This missile is apparently heavy. Otherwise it didn't need a booster that was burning 4+ seconds after it took off water (and probably more after that)

A launcher that can carry this type of missile will be very heavy. It simply would need all the weight balancing features and fins that a submarine has in order to keep afloat and be able to follow the sub. I think it is easier to build a sub that can carry such missile than having a towed launcher wit all those challenges. IRGC number one strategic priority is being fast and mobile. Having a heavy launcher ground their subs goes against that priority.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom