What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Looks like a nice one. Will there be thermobaric versions of it?

no not that i know of but this is old there is Fajr_5 rocket now maybe for that they will.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
you still talking about MQ-9 not RQ-4 :lol:. you knew you totally are on another level.
I am talking of RQ4, not MQ9. RQ4 is 10 years older than MQ9.

Last month we saw the capabilities of the system . sadly it lack a simple FOF. by the way are you camparing that outdated system with the max range of 30km with 3rd of Khordad with engagement range of 100km+ and you are talking about 18km altitude we are talking about 30km of altitude . even F-15 cant escape 3rd of Khordad by flying high
The 30km altitude is a joke. Only BMD needs that altitude. Planes don't travel at that height as heights above 15-17km is where troposphere layer of the atmosphere ends and hence planes will not find enough oxygen there. Only few planes like Mig25 could go higher but at a significant cost of having high fuel burnout and low payload.

Max range of 100km is a big deal. How true it is is a question one has to check. Even missiles like AMRAAM claims 100km range but the actual NEZ is only 30km. Similarly, Akash's range is 30km in terms of NEZ and no plane can escape it within kill zone. I don't think Khordad of 100km NEZ is practical. Such long range will make it too heavy

its an improvement you admit the drone had low RCS.
The composites are for reducing weight. Any reduction in RCS is only coincidental and not the main effect. The RCS is reduced not merely by composite but by design.

well B-2 is a 170 ton airplane that can fly 11100km at 900km/h RQ-4 is 7 ton airplane that can do 12000km at 575km/h

well I must say B-2 is pretty much fuel efficient if you consider the difference in weight and also the fact that it uses 4 engine compared to one in fact one of the interesting aspect of flying wings is that they are fuel efficients
A plane with 170 ton weight and has 76 ton of fuel. That is 45% of its total weight in fuel. Yet, it travels for 11000km. This RQ4 has 7 ton weight and travels for 30 hours at 575kmh speed and has range 22000 km range. Do you see why? The stealth always has a trade off in terms of range. Stealth design is not aerodynamic and hence consumes more fuel.

RQ4 is a high endurance HALE, not stealth drone. So, it is not hard to spot

pantsir is called SA-22 not S-300
I never said Pantsir is S300 equivalent. I am saying that Khordad is Pantsir equivalent and is only being hyped up by likes of you.

The 30km altitude is a joke. Only BMD needs that altitude. Planes don't travel at that height as heights above 15-17km is where troposphere layer of the atmosphere ends and hence planes will not find enough oxygen there. Only few planes like Mig25 could go higher but at a significant cost of having high fuel burnout and low payload.

Max range of 100km is a big deal. How true it is is a question one has to check. Even missiles like AMRAAM claims 100km range but the actual NEZ is only 30km. Similarly, Akash's range is 30km in terms of NEZ and no plane can escape it within kill zone. I don't think Khordad of 100km NEZ is practical. Such long range will make it too heavy

The composites are for reducing weight. Any reduction in RCS is only coincidental and not the main effect. The RCS is reduced not merely by composite but by design.

A plane with 170 ton weight and has 76 ton of fuel. That is 45% of its total weight in fuel. Yet, it travels for 11000km. This RQ4 has 7 ton weight and travels for 30 hours at 575kmh speed and has range 22000 km range. Do you see why? The stealth always has a trade off in terms of range. Stealth design is not aerodynamic and hence consumes more fuel.

I never said Pantsir is S300 equivalent. I am saying that Khordad is Pantsir equivalent and is only being hyped up by likes of you.

Comedicly wrong post in almost every aspect

The mq-4c triton has its first flight in 2013 and only delivered last year, it's the most advanced of this drone family. You have already been told this fact but it seems you're pretending to be sleep

You just contradicted yourself in your own statement :lol: You said planes don't need to travel that high but yet still gave an example of a plane that does? Don't clown yourself.

Ghiberish posts with no evidence backing it up whatsoever.

Nonsense.

The wreck of mq-4

resized_482250_287.jpg

resized_482225_709.jpg

Almost same structure is used for F35 body

microwave-absorbing-honeycomb-1024x683.jpg

More pics

resized_482249_715~1.jpg

D9lYv8zW4AAZ2aD.jpg

This nonsense has been debunked like 50 times already in this very thread.

LOL what?:rofl:

Third of Khordad is a mid-long range air defence. On what planet is a mainly short range pantsir equivalent to it?
Are you drunk or something?

Last edited:
Wrong

Wrong F-15 can do that easily and USA whored f-15 to anybody interested around us . and when missile is powerful enough to go up to 30km its not strange if it can fly 100km away. Well it's not nuclear science to knew if you fire it at those ranges it has led chance hitting target than when you fire it at for example 50-60 km . by the way according to USA we fired the missile at more than 70km .
Coincidence or not the end result is reduction in RCS and for the record some composites absorb radar wave and as the result reduce RCS more.

Again Wrong . you see the payload of both plane and then make comparison . you need 30 or more rq-4 to carry the amount of cargo a single B-2 can carry now calculate the amount of fuel needed. And its not important if it fly 30 hour . in term of physic efficiency is calculated by the amount of job it do and flying wing design is well known for being efficient. And RQ-4. Is 7ton but it must carry 8 ton of fuel to reach 12000nm and only carry 1300kg
A b-2 is 71t it can carry 75t of fuel and 40ton of payloads to reach 6900 nm of flight radius

In short RQ-4 must spend 2-3 more fuel to do the same amount of work as B2

A pants or equivalent with 100km range missile and even you don't believe us go and look at pentagon who says we hit the drone at 70km range.
By the way I change my name to anything you like if you show us a case of Pantsir engaging target 70km away and its missile can go up to 30km.

if i'm not wrong it takes 20-30 min for s-300 to pack the bag and hit the road, khordad 3 can launch a missile and the driver start the engine and move away. the mobility our commanders mean is this.

Me dont buy it.

its well in Iran's capability to build Anti ship ballistic missiles with longer ranges or air defense systems or supersonic anti ship cruise missiles or new generation of torpedoes that they are not unwilling any time soon so that's maybe there “unique secret weapon” that's 4 probabilities of secret weapon.

Me dont buy it.

Every nation on this planet that has a capable indigenous defence industry and is facing serious threats has secret weapons. No nations in its right mind would reveal all its assets. Everytime you reveal an asset, yes you form an extra deterrence, but you're also pushing the enemy to form a counter to it. Therefore once a nation like Iran obtains a decent deterrence, they should keep many strategic weapons hidden.

Back
Top Bottom