What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

whenever i see these tunnel lunched missiles i just think about the way they made these tunnels......the tunnel is more important than the missile itself

yes, well the have the capability and the time.

Tunnels are not that impressive in historical context. Nazi Germany built massive amounts of tunnels underneath Berlin among other places and that was in 1940’s without computers, advanced machinery, and advanced knowledge of modern day engineering techniques.

So let’s hope Iran can build tunnels nearly 80 years later.

Tunnels are not that impressive in historical context. Nazi Germany built massive amounts of tunnels underneath Berlin among other places and that was in 1940’s without computers, advanced machinery, and advanced knowledge of modern day engineering techniques.

So let’s hope Iran can build tunnels nearly 80 years later.
dear friend it's not just a simple hole.........as it's shown silos for storing bunch of missiles and factories nearby the silos for producing and testing the missiles............these cities are being made 500 hundreds under ground..........all these specifics make them unique.........unless a simple silo like what you mentioned about germany is not big deal

dear friend it's not just a simple hole.........as it's shown silos for storing bunch of missiles and factories nearby the silos for producing and testing the missiles............these cities are being made 500 hundreds under ground..........all these specifics make them unique.........unless a simple silo like what you mentioned about germany is not big deal
agreed they are more like cities under ground not just tunnels

agreed they are more like cities under ground not just tunnels

Both of you please educate yourselves.

Germany 1930’s:
V2 underground missile factory
american-soldier-examining-a-v2-rocket-under-construction-in-an-underground-assembly-plant_a-G-3592092-4990704.jpg

Iran 2019
4444-3.jpg

Very similiar (even though pictures are taken ~80 years apart)

Nazi germany had underground weapons factories, plane factories as well as missile factories (V2 rocket) as well as rooms for soldiers and generals and ammo/fuel. Not to mention underground roads to avoid traveling above ground for high ranking officials.

american-soldier-examining-a-v2-rocket-under-construction-in-an-underground-assembly-plant_a-G-3592092-4990704.jpg

8LiiHwUcf0mEYXlEBuECMfEk-j_XI02DgxPbkoe3XEU.jpg

mit007.jpg

undergroundbunker6.jpg

This is in 1940’s, if Nazi Germany existed today they would have bases on the moon while Iran would be patting themselves on the back for doing what Germany did 80 years ago. Yet Germany did this without all the machinery, electronics, computers, etc that Iran gets access too.

Btw this is only 1940’s. Don’t even get me started on China-Soviet Union-US underground cities, underground nuclear bases, underground submarine bases, and nuclear proof bunkers that existed from 1960s till probably today.

Like I said nothing Iran is doing is impressive from historical standpoint. It’s pretty much In line if not BEHIND what major world military powers are doing today.

Lastly just to give you an idea of the advancement of the Nazi war machine towards the end of the war this was the most advanced submarine they had begun producing at the time

2004-Bremerhaven_U-Boot-Museum-Sicherlich_retouched.jpg

Type XXI Sub

Not even Iran can match that in today’s equivalent technology.

So we shouldnt applaud Iran for this. We should expect more. In history, powerful military war machines push the envelope of what is possible in their time.

They do not settle for what their enemies are doing or what other military powers did more than half a century ago.

Last edited:

Germany 1930’s:

Iran 2019
4444-3.jpg

Nazi germany had underground weapons factories, plane factories as well as missile factories (V2 rocket) as well as rooms for soldiers and generals and ammo/fuel. Not to mention underground roads to avoid traveling above ground for high ranking officials.

mit007.jpg

undergroundbunker6.jpg

This is in 1940’s, if Nazi Germany existed today they would have bases on the moon while Iran would be patting themselves on the back for doing what Germany did 80 years ago. Yet Germany did this without all the machinery, electronics, computers, etc that Iran gets access too.

Btw this is only 1940’s. Don’t even get me started on China-Soviet Union-US underground cities, underground nuclear bases, underground submarine bases, and nuclear proof bunkers that existed from 1960s till probably today.

Like I said nothing Iran is doing is impressive from historical standpoint. It’s pretty much In line if not BEHIND what major world military powers are doing today.

Lastly just to give you an idea of the advancement of the Nazi war machine towards the end of the war this was the most advanced submarine they had begun producing at the time

Type XXI Sub

So we shouldnt applaud Iran for this. We should expect more. In history, powerful military war machines push the envelope of what is possible in their time.

They do not settle for what their enemies are doing or what other military powers did more than half a century ago.
In regards to the tunnels, where the nazi tunnels also 500m underground?

In regards to the submarines. The Germans had designed and produced submarines since before the First World War and had extensive battle knowledge from the that conflict where they both lost many but also inflicted a lot of damage. Hence their baggage into the ww2 was extensive to say the least. At the time the war ended they’ve had almost 50 years of intense submarine development. they put in the hours!

I always say that it is an iterative process. The more you iterate the better end result. The number of iterations (read produced hardware, be it POC or prototype etc) is far more important than how you end of with the iteration (through digital means or analog).

Iran’s ballistic rockets are great example where they’ve had a long and uninterrupted streak of iterating and thus are producing world class state of the art rockets.

Iran should of course not be satisfied for current results but definitely should be happy about the fact that in many fields the iteration process is underway and even accelerating, eg for submarines!

The V2 was first produced in the 1940's was it not ? I'm pretty certain that these tunnels wereproduced in the latter stages of the war out of necessity. If only the Nazi's would have thought ahead & build most of their facilities underground. The Soviets simply moved their factories to the center of the country, in Siberia, away from the fighting & out of reach from the Germans. The Nazi's should have build most of their facilities underground, preferably in fortified positions under mountain ranges. Back in those days, nothing would be able to penetrate tunnels like that. Honestly the biggest blunder Hitler made was attacking the Soviet Union. The logistics of taking on the British & Soviets simultaneously didn't make sense. Once you added the Americans to the equation, it was game over.

Germany 1930’s:

Iran 2019
4444-3.jpg

mit007.jpg

undergroundbunker6.jpg

Type XXI Sub

I know one of these underground tunnels somewhere in Tehran. It’s very very secured & submergence. 99% of people who walk over this tunnels don’t know that they’re walking over a tunnel. Btw it’s just one of plenty underground missile cities in Tehran. For years until two years ago I believed that huge underground city is just a waterway made by municipality to prevent floods.

Heres some rare footage of a pershing 2 marv in action

You can see it in better quality at:
gfycat.com/keyfemaleblesbok
[for some reason it wont let me post the link normally]

Last edited:

Germany 1930’s:

Iran 2019
4444-3.jpg

mit007.jpg

undergroundbunker6.jpg

Type XXI Sub

how deep were the German tunnel's under ground?!...........does anybody have any idea!.....i didn't find anything in the net.

how deep were the German tunnel's under ground?!...........does anybody have any idea!.....i didn't find anything in the net.
These are famous German bunkers as you see must of them never finished and their building started in late phases of the war
https://www.heritagedaily.com/2017/12/10-nazi-bunkers-subterranean-bases/115561
And many of them was just some bunker not under ground facilities foe example this weingut I
The actual work on Weingut I began in July 1944. According to plans, the bunker would be made up of 12 arches stretching east to west in a barrel vault 400 meters long and 85 meters wide. The arches would have an internal height of 32.2 m, 19.2 m of which was under the ground level.
580px-Weingut_I.svg.png
Or Siracourt V-1 bunker had only a height of 10m and was 7.5m underground
Or wolf's lair was only a 2.5m concrete and steel reinforced bunker
Or Blockhaus d'Éperlecque. Was 6m underground and was protected by 7m wide concrete walls .
Or keroman submarine base was not underground at all.
Perhaps the deepest one was Fortress of Mimoyecques that was 33m underground but abandoned by Germany.

and keep in mind Irans "super-concrete" which stunned western experts:

https://www.wired.com/2007/04/irans-superconc/

"I designed a 2”x2” concrete cube with a compressive strength of 16,000 psi [pounds per square inch] at 28-days, a relatively high strength as standard concrete is on the order of 3,000 psi, typically. Now, The University of Tehran made several cubes between 50,000 to 60,000 psi, and possible stronger! I thought the aggregate to be made from quartz, and I also remember some steel fibers in the mix. These cubes exploded at failure, finally damaging the compression machine on the third or fourth cube (that machine was substantial, made for much larger samples). So, keep in mind this is unreinforced concrete (save the steel fibers) at an early age. Concrete becomes stronger, sometimes by orders of magnitude, over time.

And this was already available ~ 2006/2007

These are famous German bunkers as you see must of them never finished and their building started in late phases of the war
And many of them was just some bunker not under ground facilities foe example this weingut I

Or Blockhaus d'Éperlecque. Was 6m underground and was protected by 7m wide concrete walls .
Perhaps the deepest one was Fortress of Mimoyecques that was 33m underground but abandoned by Germany.
wiz-cutaway.jpg

Yes,and the massive dome of la coupole and its v2 launch base at wizernes,tho sadly it never became operational.
http://www.v2rocket.com/start/deployment/wizernes.html

so they were not super duper

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom