What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Current cruise missile delivery system is useless and inefficient. Iran would need to have 20 single launcher tels trucks to launch just a 20 cruise missile salvo. It needs to create a 4-6 TEL cruise launcher. Single missile launcher makes sense for anti ship cruise missile as the target is vulnerable to even a single hit. An airbase or military base or convoy is not.

Meanwhile all the major powers can fire 100 salvo off of one large cruiser.

While I do agree with your overall statement and I also think Iran has to improve it's ability to launch these weapons off of many different platforms rather than just a single launcher off of a truck. Recently, I had a talk with one of the patrons here on PDF not too long ago. We we going over the video/pictures showing Iran launching a missile from a truck that had clear retractable panels that shielded the anti-ship cruise weapons inside. But logic would indicate that this platform which held the cruise missile was meant to look like any old truck. So maybe this sort of thinking is what the Iranians are going for when it comes to how they will field these long range missile systems.

A numerous amount of cruise missiles spread out all over Iran in trucks and platforms that are indistinguishable from ordinary civilian vehicles. But a tell with 3 or more tubes for the cruise missiles is also viable and probably what Iran is working on since we do see images of trucks that have 3 tubes for cruise missiles on them.

Just a thought, sorry for any grammatical errors lol.

While I do agree with your overall statement and I also think Iran has to improve it's ability to launch these weapons off of many different platforms rather than just a single launcher off of a truck. Recently, I had a talk with one of the patrons here on PDF not too long ago. We we going over the video/pictures showing Iran launching a missile from a truck that had clear retractable panels that shielded the anti-ship cruise weapons inside. But logic would indicate that this platform which held the cruise missile was meant to look like any old truck. So maybe this sort of thinking is what the Iranians are going for when it comes to how they will field these long range missile systems.

A numerous amount of cruise missiles spread out all over Iran in trucks and platforms that are indistinguishable from ordinary civilian vehicles. But a tell with 3 or more tubes for the cruise missiles is also viable and probably what Iran is working on since we do see images of trucks that have 3 tubes for cruise missiles on them.

Just a thought, sorry for any grammatical errors lol.

Land attack Cruise missiles are viable in low numbers under following scenarios:

Nuclear payload

Supersonic/Hypersonic

Reduced RCS (stealth based CM)

None of Iran’s CMs have these capabilities. Thus unless they produced in thousands and tens of thousands, they represent very little more than cannon fodder to distract enemies air defenses.

Iran needs to be able to launch 500-1000 cruise missiles in the first 48 hours of any conflict.

Iran’s stockpile likely needs to be in tens of thousands to ensure ample supply during war time.

Conventional CMs are a saturation based weapon. I know Iran already announced development of supersonic CMs.

At this time I am not really impressed by current LACMs that Iran has developed, they are easy to defend against and have a high RCS.

Land attack Cruise missiles are viable in low numbers under following scenarios:

Nuclear payload

Supersonic/Hypersonic

Reduced RCS (stealth based CM)

None of Iran’s CMs have these capabilities. Thus unless they produced in thousands and tens of thousands, they represent very little more than cannon fodder to distract enemies air defenses.

Iran needs to be able to launch 500-1000 cruise missiles in the first 48 hours of any conflict.

Iran’s stockpile likely needs to be in tens of thousands to ensure ample supply during war time.

Conventional CMs are a saturation based weapon. I know Iran already announced development of supersonic CMs.

At this time I am not really impressed by current LACMs that Iran has developed, they are easy to defend against and have a high RCS.

Just spit-balling here. Realistically speaking, is Iran poised to develop nuclear armaments in the future or near future? It has the perfect platforms for it practically speaking.

Can Iran even produce thousands of BMs and CMs in a war time scenario?

Just spit-balling here. Realistically speaking, is Iran poised to develop nuclear armaments in the future or near future? It has the perfect platforms for it practically speaking.

Can Iran even produce thousands of BMs and CMs in a war time scenario?

The only way Iran goes nuclear is during a war or if the world gets distracted from some type of geopolitical event and Iran is able to use this distraction to go nuclear without the fear of reprisals.

Iran shouldn’t count on producing many BMs or CMs during a war, especially if they expect their adversary to be US or Israel, as any major military target will be under constant threat of bombardment.

Thus Iran should be building stockpiles now of anything it might need during the war. Iran’s weapon production during a military conflict will be low and likely limited to secret factories (likely underground) that the west doesn’t know about.

The only way Iran goes nuclear is during a war or if the world gets distracted from some type of geopolitical event and Iran is able to use this distraction to go nuclear without the fear of reprisals.

Iran shouldn’t count on producing many BMs or CMs during a war, especially if they expect their adversary to be US or Israel, as any major military target will be under constant threat of bombardment.

Thus Iran should be building stockpiles now of anything it might need during the war. Iran’s weapon production during a military conflict will be low and likely limited to secret factories (likely underground) that the west doesn’t know about.

I get the profound feeling that Iran has a higher rate of weapons production than it leads on in all honesty. At least this is what I hope is the case lol.

Khorramshahr_1 VS Khorramshahr_2 ballistic missiles

Untitled44.jpg

Qiam ballistic missile with guided warhead

Untitled5.jpg

Zelzal 3 rocket with guided warhead

Untitled7.jpg

It's not a small matter, Karimi Qoddusi can't lie, otherwise neither government, nor pro-government MPs wouldn't let him to get away with it.

Come on man, anyone can lie or twist the truth and it really isn't the job of Iranian government and MP's to respond to every ridicules claim because that also would be absurd....

Yes I agree that it's possible that the Rohani administration spoke to the French about Iran's missile program just to feel them out and see what it is they are after and as a result we figured out they are looking for a limitation between 300km-700km but to me it's quite doubtful that Iran would have proposed a 700km limitation because that limitation would effectively put us at the merci of both Israel and Saudi Arabia especially with our +40 year old Air Force
Qaddafi handed over his missiles and look where he is and where Libya is, Saddam also agreed to a 300km limitation and look at all the good that did him....
Plus putting into account U.S. behavior after the JCPOA it would be utter lunacy for Iran to even agree to not build ICBM's and fact is after the French comment I believe Iran has to now start both a liquid fuel and solid fuel ICBM program and Iran needs to show clear consequences

Current cruise missile delivery system is useless and inefficient. Iran would need to have 20 single launcher tels trucks to launch just a 20 cruise missile salvo. It needs to create a 4-6 TEL cruise launcher. Single missile launcher makes sense for anti ship cruise missile as the target is vulnerable to even a single hit. An airbase or military base or convoy is not.

Meanwhile all the major powers can fire 100 salvo off of one large cruiser.

If you can launch 1-2 with a $100K truck as appose to 4 with a $200k truck and you can produce the $100k truck in far greater numbers (10 per every large truck) then a larger truck then it makes perfect sense because they will be harder to find easier to hid and loosing a few wouldn't severally diminish your capabilities

Also a cruiser has to launch it's 100 missiles from a single location and has to launch them one at a time while Iran can spread them out and launch 100 off 50 trucks from various locations 50 at a time with the ability to reload within a few hours and loosing 10 of your trucks won't severally effect your capabilities while on a cruise a single hit on the right spot with a right type of warhead would put it out of commission

I think 1 or 2 per truck is fine as long as the cost and production capability makes sense

If you want to launch in great number , then you first must have VLS and then some how make that engine in the missile belly go away .

it dose and the engine looks different too i think maybe im wrong. but it is deadly accurate what is the error rate on that 30 m ? maybe less.
According to some people here more than several kilometer and iran actually fired several thousands of them to make on fall in the center of video.

Khorramshahr_2 ballistic missiles test look at the warhead dive. itttttttttttts greattttttttttttttt

Looks faster than our previous warheads.

Back
Top Bottom