Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Iranian Qiam missile with guided warhead

Untitled13.jpg
Untitled.jpg
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled11.jpg
Untitled12.jpg

Iranian Zulfaqar missile

Probably a new version of Zulfagar missile with new materials used in the body with the new 2018 Registry and with a warhead different from the previous one.

Untitled12.jpg
Untitled.jpg
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled11.jpg

Iranian Ghadr, Ghiam and khalije fars missiles

Untitled.jpg
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled11.jpg
Untitled12.jpg

In this photo you can easily see the differences between the new version and the old version of zoalfagar missiles in size and new materials used in the body and the difference in the warheads. The missiles on the left of the photo are the old missiles and the missiles on the right of the photo are the new 2018 version.

Untitled13.jpg

why don't they make solid fuel qiam so then it will have lower preparation time and more destructive and faster speed etc (all the advantages of both)?
Well like I said these two are completely different things...when it comes to your question,only traditional solid fuled balistic missile in Iran posetion is Sejil..at least what we know but still like I said Fateh family quazi balistic missiles are different thing than Quiam balistic missile in every way...it is not just range ...tactical balistic missile will make less damage so those are better for high precision strikes where you don't want to destroy everything around,also lower quazi balistic trajectory means missile can make manuevers almost right after lunch and will leave much less reaction time to enemy while Quiam-like BM will follow sub-orbital flight path and while warhead itself is faster in terminal phase whole flight time is longer ...as I said you have compared two completly different things...I forget to mention range...you have to consider there is also minimal range...so it is not like you have Quiam(doesn't metter is it liquid or solid fueled)with 850KM range and now you can lunch at everything at range between 0-850KM ...I didn't check these parameters but if you look min-max range even for different version of Fateh you will understand why they had to maintain different versions of same missilel...

was sejil 2 shown? i havent seen that in a while...

That project was probably stopped after intial production batches.

My theory is that the missile costs and advanced materials were too prohibitive for mass production. There were rumors Iran was having trouble procuring the materials to produce the missile.

Basically Sejil-2 was a missile that should be produced in more reasonable amounts to carry Iran’s nuclear weapons arsenal. Since Iran doesn’t have nuclear weapons, the question became what advantage does it give Iran using conventional warhead.

With the design of Emad warhead and improvements to Shahab family it might have been more cost effective to use these missiles instead of Sejil.

was sejil 2 shown? i havent seen that in a while...
Yes it was shown,I watched video of whole parade ...this attack shadows parades held in Bandar Abas,Teheran and other locations..which is understandable....but yes Sejil was paraded and there was more than one Sejil paraded along with other missiles...I think I saw more than 20 longer range BMs....I think Sejil is not put in first plan mostly because it challenge Iran 2000 missile range...even this Musudan look like misle is havily modified(shortened) to put it in 2000km but on that engine you can built anything you want .....heck this missile has 2000km range with 1800kg payload and N.Korean version has 3500km range with same warhead(almost 3x size of Shahab3).Any way like I said most estimation put Sejil in 3000km range with 800kg-1t payload since it is solid fueled and two stage missile and it is still larger than Shahab...Liquid fueled missiles are mostly larger since they need space for fuel tanks...engines...etc...But it could be also that this missile is considered to expensive to be used in same role as Sahabs...Sejil is much advanced and completly Iranian design which is not based on NO Dong/Scud technology....at least I'm not aware of any design similar to Sejil..maybe I'm wrong.
If you look Israel claims and analysis about Iran...they want convince Europe that Iran is threat at all costs...last their analysis use Su-24 armed with Soumar as usecase...and even put it in Syria perspective where Iranian SU-24 can lunch Soumar cruise missile from Mediterranean .... thay claim Iran can reach Europe with cruise missile which is based on NUCLEAR capable KH55...even this is idiltic claim....so this 2000km limit has political weight for Iran...but again price can be also one of the important factors for missile used to deliver conventional warhead..

Last edited:
Hormuz 2 is anti radiation Ballistic missile right?

No Hormuz 1 has a passive homing system which effectively homes on radiating source. This version is optimized for sea use against ships.

Hormuz 2 appears to have active homing system: some radar capability is built into it.

Back
Top Bottom