What's new

Iranian made power turbines:

Calm down,I am just asking questions.Just making a small turbine doesnt mean that you can use it in ships.Gas turbine engines that are used in ships are very different from power Turbines that are used in Nuclear power plants and other industries.
Thats why i am asking you for a an article that would clear all the doubts.
Bro, I am calm, what makes you think otherwise :P
Really? I though these turbines could easily be used on ships...why not?

I hope you won't mind,a CODG stands for COmbined Diesel Gas,within which there is two classifications:
CODOG & CODAG. CODOG is COmbined Diesel or Gas propulsion used in warships in which a diesel engine and a gas turbine is combined. A diesel engine is used for cruising,and for sudden high speeds,gas turbine takes over.

Thanks for the information. It's appreciated.

Last edited:
@Serpentine Have you seen MAPNA so far? Actually I have visited there some years ago, when it was in its best conditions. It was a really good and big factory and had a long production line. Unfortunately, I have heard from my friends who work there, that it is almost shut down these days. I am not sure that how much of the factory, and production part, is remained now, but, I still suggest you to make a visit to the factory, since it is related to your field of studies, Material Science/Eng. ;)

@Serpentine Have you seen MAPNA so far? Actually I have visited there some years ago, when it was in its best conditions. It was a really good and big factory and had a long production line. Unfortunately, I have heard from my friends who work there, that it is almost shut down these days. I am not sure that how much of the factory, and production part, is remained now, but, I still suggest you to make a visit to the factory, since it is related to your field of studies, Material Science/Eng. ;)

Unfortunately not, there was a plan to visit and I couldn't make it because of some busy work. But my friends went there from Sharif and took many pictures and movies, they were also very impressed. I haven't heard about shutting down and I hope it's not true, because it's one of the few companies in Iran that uses real science and technology in its products, and their quality can be compared to foreign counterparts. I will visit there as soon as I can.

Unfortunately not, there was a plan to visit and I couldn't make it because of some busy work. But my friends went there from Sharif and took pictures, they were also very impressed. I haven't heard about shutting down and I hope it's not true, because it's one of the few companies in Iran that uses real science and technology in its products, and their quality can be compared to foreign counterparts. I will visit there as soon as I can.
It is not completely shut down, but it almost is. At least it is what I have heard about it from the people who work there in a few months ago. when a factory produce let's say 10-20% of the capacity, it would be named almost shut down.

It is not completely shut down, but it almost is. At least it is what I have heard about it from the people who work there in a few months ago. when a factory produce let's say 10-20% of the capacity, it would be named almost shut down.

Is it because of the Sanctions?

From what I have heard, it is due to both sanctions and their management.

What's wrong with their management? They seemed organized make good products, I've seen worse companies doing better.

What's wrong with their management? They seemed organized make good products, I've seen worse companies doing better.
It seems that Ahmadinejad administration is the one who has almost destroyed them.

Why, is it because of that Nuclear program issue thing?
Yes, Partly, and partly is due to the incapability of the management. Such a big factory needs a capable management, and not some random people who can't even run a kindergarten. ;) Anyway, there are many other big factories who have experienced the same fate in the past few years. :disagree:

Yes, Partly, and partly is due to the incapability of the management. Such a big factory needs a capable management, and not some random people who can't even run a kindergarten. ;) Anyway, there are many other big factories who have experienced the same fate in the past few years. :disagree:

What's the point of this isolationism? Why is Iran doing this when it's clearly doing damage?

What's the point of this isolationism? Why is Iran doing this when it's clearly doing damage?
Well, you can't expect mullahs to act rationally, because of their mentality, knowledge and perception from the Iran and the world ;) Anyway, I don't wanna open the reasons here, since it would be off-topic and trolls would invade here and ruin the thread. :lol:

Well, you can't expect mullahs to act rationally, because of their mentality, knowledge and perception from the Iran and the world ;) Anyway, I don't wanna open the reasons here, since it would be off-topic and trolls would invade here and ruin the thread. :lol:

This is why clerks should not rule nations LOL.!

This is why clerks should not rule nations LOL.!

Mate, this guy is talking nonsense. He is a lier and I find it amazing how people actually have taken him seriously. There are Iranians who know people who actually work for MAPNA in Iranians forum and they have not heard about such a problem facing MAPNA. He is coming up with this story to try and downgrade the company.

Mate, this guy is talking nonsense. He is a lire and I find it amazing how people actually have taken him seriously. There are Iranians who know people who actually work for MAPNA in Iranians forum and they have not heard about such a problem facing MAPNA. He is coming up with this story to try and downgrade the company.
LOL, the amount of talking non-sense in your posts is mind-blowing. If you have any technical information, or details, post it here, otherwise, stop your cheap propaganda. I saw that you said tons of bad words about Cabatli in the helicopter thread. FYI, cabatli is a real expert who knows an un-imaginable details about any military products. But, since you have no available information and details to talk with him, you started to talk non-sense off-topics and personal attacks. This mentality and behavior of you and your friends is really sick, destructive and shameful.

Back
Top Bottom