What's new

Iranian made power turbines:

I know there is an rule against reviving old threads but I want to ask, how did the Iranians make this turbine?

What do you mean how? Just like other countries who build gas turbines, it's nothing extraordinary.

LOL wut? Do you realize how complex Basic Gas Turbines technology is? And I am not even talking about Turbojets and Turbofans. You need complex chemical engineering solution in order to get the Blade's Ceramic+metal alloy (NiSi2) composition correctly if you want to create an effective Turbine. Not to mention good heat resistant, long durability (measured in hours per day) and an hell an good knowledge of materiel science and mechanics. I know this is only an power generator but these are the usual basics. Only six nations created Gas turbines (Most with the Help of American aid except China). Go ask the Chinese how difficult it is to create Non-WS (Air) series Gas Turbines

LOL wut? Do you realize how complex Basic Gas Turbines technology is? And I am not even talking about Turbojets and Turbofans. You need complex chemical engineering solution in order to get the Blade's Ceramic+metal alloy (NiSi2) composition correctly if you want to create an effective Turbine. Not to mention good heat resistant, long durability (measured in hours per day) and an hell an good knowledge of materiel science and mechanics. I know this is only an power generator but these are the usual basics. Only six nations created Gas turbines (Most with the Help of American aid except China). Go ask the Chinese how difficult it is to create Non-WS (Air) series Gas Turbines

I didn't mean it's easy, I meant we achieved it just like how other countries achieved it. I don't know what you have been thinking about Iran, but you should know, despite many problems, we have no shortage of excellent engineers. What we lack in many areas is proper funding or management.

Btw, MAPNA is one of the most successful Iranian companies, it excels in many engineering areas related to power generation equipment/facilities.

I didn't mean it's easy, I meant we achieved it just like how other countries achieved it. I don't know what you have been thinking about Iran, but you should know, despite many problems, we have no shortage of excellent engineers. What we lack in many areas is proper funding or management.

Btw, MAPNA is one of the most successful Iranian companies, it excels in many engineering areas related to power generation equipment/facilities.

Iran surprised me with this news. No doubt it far ahead compared to it's regions. Engines in general are complex but Gas turbines are the height of this complexity because of the Ceramics and alloys which are needed to create the blades of the turbines. It needs to face heat resistance and lots of lots of stress as it spins in more than the march speed. Centrifuge force takes an toll of the Blades regardless of it's use (Maritime Gas Turbines like GE or Siemens makes or Power Generators like Kawasaki and Mitsubishi Power-plants) hence creating fatigue. You need good engineers to create such beats. I don't know why GCC nations are trying to compete with Iran when they can't upgrade their NG and oil terminals without German or Japanese installation equipment like latest Distillations systems while Iran can create turbines which can extract and power systems in it's oil fields.

so, let's update the thread.

unveiling of a new turbo generator engine, one month ago.
it's a 4MW engine based on CHP technology (Combined Heat and Power).
92122615.jpg

92122620.jpg

cms_Contents_I_Images_1334814_900.jpg

92122618.jpg

more pics here.

I know there is an rule against reviving old threads but I want to ask, how did the Iranians make this turbine?
I don't know about the first one, but this one is the result of cooperation between our universities, a private company "شرکت توربین ماشین خاورمیانه" which have a long history in overhauling our power plants, and a government organization "IDRO" (Industrial Development and Renovation Organization of Iran).

so, let's update the thread.

unveiling of a new turbo generator engine, one month ago.
it's a 4MW engine based on CHP technology (Combined Heat and Power).
92122615.jpg

92122620.jpg

cms_Contents_I_Images_1334814_900.jpg

92122618.jpg

more pics here.

I don't know about the first one, but this one is the result of cooperation between our universities, a private company "شرکت توربین ماشین خاورمیانه" which have a long history in overhauling our power plants, and a government organization "IDRO" (Industrial Development and Renovation Organization of Iran).

Is that an CODG engine? What will it be used for? Industrial usage of Maritime usage?

Well done Iran congratulation iranian industry always impresses me with limited resources they come up with working solution the process of learning developing and refining products is an excellent approach...never giving up that's Iran.

We hope if sanctions are lifted many african and poor nations could be helped.

Last edited:
I . It could be the industrial power house of the Middle-East.
what do call Iran today ?? which country in west Asia has power and they need to talk to solve west Asia issue's ?? why do you think U.S negotiate with Iran ?? when you say house power what you mean ?? you Iran has not defied U.S in west Asia ?? may ask who is in contral of Syria + Lebenon +all north Yeman +Bahrian +Iraq +ect in west Asia ?? what you mean by been power house ?/ been in control of policy of some west Asia country is not power to you ??

Back
Top Bottom