What's new

Iranian cars ... Gonna buy if available?

Now after indigenous Iranian RIRA crossover it is time for Chinese Haima 8S to be assembled in Khorasan. in SKD form first and then CKD. by IKCO

The Haima 8S is a compact crossover SUV that is manufactured by the Chinese manufacturer Haima

Iranian RIRA
1656470930195.png

Chinese Haima 8S
1656471041850.png

personally I like RIRA better..no bias!:azn::azn:..lol

New pics of Rira backterior and interior are so sexy 👌🏻😍 Iran unveiled its new geabox too in that ceremony

Attachments

• automobile_fa-29062022-0042.jpg
    automobile_fa-29062022-0042.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 86
  • automobile_fa-29062022-0041.jpg
    automobile_fa-29062022-0041.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 83
  • automobile_fa-29062022-0040.jpg
    automobile_fa-29062022-0040.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 87
  • automobile_fa-29062022-0039.jpg
    automobile_fa-29062022-0039.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 80
  • automobile_fa-29062022-0038.jpg
    automobile_fa-29062022-0038.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 87
  • automobile_fa-29062022-0037.jpg
    automobile_fa-29062022-0037.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 82
  • automobile_fa-29062022-0036.jpg
    automobile_fa-29062022-0036.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 72
  • First fully indigenous crossover built in Iran by IKCO
  • Equipped with a 1.7 liter 16-valve turbocharged engine.
  • Rira means rain in Mazani dialect, which is spoken in northern Iran.
when you talk about that engine then calling the car fully indigenous is a little......
by the way the whole design isn't base on Peugeot 2008 with a little face lift ?

iu

Peugeot_2008-auto-sales-statistics-Europe.jpg

nothing indigenous come out of our car industry under current management

when you talk about that engine then calling the car fully indigenous is a little......
by the way the whole design isn't base on Peugeot 2008 with a little face lift ?

iu

Peugeot_2008-auto-sales-statistics-Europe.jpg

nothing indigenous come out of our car industry under current management
I know of no auto manufacturer that is 100% local parts...and also most autos today look very similar..the lines in Rira is very different from Peugeot.. the top hood of Rira has a curved cut that I see first time on any auto..
American auto makers usually introduce new models every two years ..Europeans go for 5 years..If Iranian introduce somewhere close to 5 or 6 I be happy...If we can up the production we can export ..Iranian products are very economical so we have a huge chance to export if we can make enough of them..

I know a pharmaceutical rep told me she sells a lot of Iranian made medical products labeled as East European to pass the bans on products from Iran...she can sell them because the prices are so good.
PS: She was also very impressed with quality..she would not sell junk to customers..lol

I know of no auto manufacturer that is 100% local parts...and also most autos today look very similar..the lines in Rira is very different from Peugeot.. the top hood of Rira has a curved cut that I see first time on any auto..
American auto makers usually introduce new models every two years ..Europeans go for 5 years..If Iranian introduce somewhere close to 5 or 6 I be happy...If we can up the production we can export ..Iranian products are very economical so we have a huge chance to export if we can make enough of them..

I know a pharmaceutical rep told me she sells a lot of Iranian made medical products labeled as East European to pass the bans on products from Iran...she can sell them because the prices are so good.
PS: She was also very impressed with quality..she would not sell junk to customers..lol
the problem is they don't make a ceremony of foreign built , foreign designed engine and call it indigenous or national car. Saipa and IKCO do it each 5-10 years

and no we can't export if we just up the production , we must up the quality . until 50 car collide with each other and not a single car airbag open , who buy car from us.
and the funny part is that car manufacturer claim first claim that the airbags were turned of while provided with countreary evidence by police , they come and claim the angle of the accident was so that no airbag was necessary to open . :mad:

the problem is they don't make a ceremony of foreign built , foreign designed engine and call it indigenous or national car. Saipa and IKCO do it each 5-10 years

and no we can't export if we just up the production , we must up the quality . until 50 car collide with each other and not a single car airbag open , who buy car from us.
and the funny part is that car manufacturer claim first claim that the airbags were turned of while provided with countreary evidence by police , they come and claim the angle of the accident was so that no airbag was necessary to open . :mad:
Is there any reliable source of information available about this incident?
For instance were the cars involved all of the same model from the same manufacturer?,were they built at the same time on the same production line?
Did they use imported or locally made airbags,and if they were locally manufactured were they all from the same manufacturer?,and if that was the case then were the airbags all from the same production batch,ie manufactured at the same time and on the same production line?
What were the nature of the collisions involving the cars with the non deploying airbags,were these low speed rear impacts or high speed head ons?
It would`ve been a simple matter to remove the non-deployed airbags from the crashed vehicles and then test them to see if they would deploy,if they did then this would suggest that any problem would likely be with the collision sensors rather than the airbags.
In short one would`ve expected some sort of official investigation if there was any reasonable suspicion of some sort of product malfunction,and if this was proven then one would`ve expected a recall,did this happen?,and if there was an investigation what were the conclusions reached,if any?
I`m genuinely curious about this incident.

For instance were the cars involved all of the same model from the same manufacturer?
the incident completely covered in iranian media , the head of police come on television and talked about it. and no the cars were different cars from different companies.
were they built at the same time on the same production line?
Did they use imported or locally made airbags,and if they were locally manufactured were they all from the same manufacturer?,
they were as diverse as you expect from the cars who drive in city. what you expect the answer be , there was new car , there was old car, they had imported and locally made airbags. non get activated
What were the nature of the collisions involving the cars with the non deploying airbags,were these low speed rear impacts or high speed head ons?
let just sat , it was in free way , outside the city and 50 driver could not stop in time to prevent collision
It would`ve been a simple matter to remove the non-deployed airbags from the crashed vehicles and then test them to see if they would deploy,if they did then this would suggest that any problem would likely be with the collision sensors rather than the airbags.
In short one would`ve expected some sort of official investigation if there was any reasonable suspicion of some sort of product malfunction,and if this was proven then one would`ve expected a recall,did this happen?,and if there was an investigation what were the conclusions reached,if any?
we are talking about Iran and Car Mafia not some European company , we are talking about an industry that without changing a screw in the cars write a letter and said from tonight our car is Euro-4 not Euro-2 and get permission to continue produce that car.
our car industry is the must corrupt industry in our country , what you expect of it.

I don't knew how those cars must have collided what the angle of collision supposed to be or what force is necessary so the airbag would open
Kk0O0ctABTZs.jpg

jlYKrlVgGcbp.jpg

Lfubc9TKYVbj.jpg

Last edited:
the incident completely covered in iranian media , the head of police come on television and talked about it. and no the cars were different cars from different companies.

they were as diverse as you expect from the cars who drive in city. what you expect the answer be , there was new car , there was old car, they had imported and locally made airbags. non get activated

let just sat , it was in free way , outside the city and 50 driver could not stop in time to prevent collision

we are talking about Iran and Car Mafia not some European company , we are talking about an industry that without changing a screw in the cars write a letter and said from tonight our car is Euro-4 not Euro-2 and get permission to continue produce that car.
our car industry is the must corrupt industry in our country , what you expect of it.

I don't knew how those cars must have collided what the angle of collision supposed to be or what force is necessary so the airbag would open
Kk0O0ctABTZs.jpg

jlYKrlVgGcbp.jpg

Lfubc9TKYVbj.jpg
Few years back there was a huge problem with "takata" airbags that US car companies were all using...most airbags in the world are made by this Japanese outfit....many died because of that...Iran makes her own airbag assemblies...I am glad they do because many cars were not finished due to lack of air bag..and I hope they fixed the problem..regulatory offices in Iran should be given more power to stop the production lines if required.

Few years back there was a huge problem with "takata" airbags that US car companies were all using...most airbags in the world are made by this Japanese outfit....many died because of that...Iran makes her own airbag assemblies...I am glad they do because many cars were not finished due to lack of air bag..and I hope they fixed the problem..regulatory offices in Iran should be given more power to stop the production lines if required.
there is two serious problem in iran.
1 the car makers here are not responsible for their faulty products .
2 the regulatory and police don't have enough power to deal with them

For instance were the cars involved all of the same model from the same manufacturer?,were they built at the same time on the same production line?
Did they use imported or locally made airbags,and if they were locally manufactured were they all from the same manufacturer?,and if that was the case then were the airbags all from the same production batch,ie manufactured at the same time and on the same production line?
I`m genuinely curious about this incident.

Hey bros, I have been seeing photos of Khodro cars for a long time. How are they from reliability and longevity perspective?

Hey bros, I have been seeing photos of Khodro cars for a long time. How are they from reliability and longevity perspective?
If you ask Iranians in Iran they are not happy..but Iranians compare their 12000 dollar cars with $$ 60,000 BMW s and expect the same performance and reliability if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom