What's new

Iranian cars ... Gonna buy if available?

if you can find an exact breakdown of which vehicles are produced the most, please share, I'd be interested to read. But as things stand, I dont think this is enough to meet Iran's internal demand let alone export
Here is some info

Iran's largest Auto maker Diesel division:

The company's total annual productions is over 20.000 units of heavy and semi-heavy vehicles such as different types of truck chassis (Tipper, Trailers, Lorries, Cement mixers, Fuel tankers, ...), buses (city buses, [Diesel & CNG], intercity buses and coaches, luxuries VIP buses) and minibus.

Iran Khodro Diesel Company has almost 80% of bus and about 70% of the local market share and exports its products to many countries like Armenia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, Yemen, Afghanistan, Syria, Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Sudan, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Guinea, Gambia, Ghana and Venezuela, Egypt, Marshall Islands, Vanuatu, American Samoa and Tahiti.

there are other smaller outfits but we can safely say that from that 1.3 million very few are commercial vehicles.
Here is good info (European data) on Turkey and Russian passenger car situation you can see that Russia production dropped 66% ..same thing happened to Iranian production but we recovered now to 1.3..IRan peak production was 1.6 million. So Russia will also recover but they need to make parts..
1679240426995.jpeg

Note: to @SalarHaqq ...I do not mind him criticizing Iran..it is good to see what an outsider says..He is right about 1.3 not being enough that is why Iran is headed for 3 million/year...the way he say things are a bit badly toned. that part is because he is young and he loves his country and we understand that:-)

Last edited:
iraní car won't sell in Pak...

unless factory is set up and full tot.. to make it cheap enough to buy
there is another reason .

1679427560941.png

if I'm not wrong you drive from left side . we drive from right side so our cars are left hand drive and your cars are usually right hand drive

Everything is ready for the launch of Iranian cars. The start of sales of Saipa cars in Russia will be announced on March 27th
https://www.ixbt.com/news/2023/03/2...zh-avto-saipa-v-rossii-objavjat-27-marta.html

Russian company to start selling Iran’s Saipa cars from June 1 — CEO

https://tass.com/economy/1595123

And
Best-Motors is also in talks with one more Iranian automaker on deliveries to the Russian market
MOSCOW, March 27. /TASS/. Best-Motors is holding talks on supplies of Iran Khodro cars to Russia, the strategic development director of the Russian dealer told TASS on Monday.
https://tass.com/economy/1595139

Iran's Car assembly Plant re-opens in Africa
Background: Almost 15 years ago In December 8, 2008: Iran Khodro, the biggest automobile producer in the Middle East inaugurated a car assembly plant in the African country of Senegal.

Iran Khodro resumes car production in Africa
Tuesday, 14 December 2021 12:02 PM [ Last Update: Tuesday, 14 December 2021 12:02 PM ]

US Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) (L) talks with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) during a rally with fellow Democrats before voting on H.R. 1, or the People Act, on the East Steps of the US Capitol on March 08, 2019 in Washington, DC. (AFP photo)

Seniran Auto in Senegal's second city of Thies has an annual production capacity of 5,000 cars.
Iran Khodro, the biggest automobile producer in the Middle East, has reactivated its assembly line for production of Samand sedans in Senegal, its deputy director for exports and international affairs says.
The company began assembling cars in Thies, Senegal's second largest city 70 km from Dakar, in 2008 through a local joint venture named Seniran Auto, but the West African country severed diplomatic relations with Iran in February 2011 which disrupted the partnership.
Kianoush Pourmojib, quoted by Fars news agency on Tuesday, said that the Senegalese government had agreed to extend a duty free scheme, following which "necessary measures were taken" to reactivate Iran Khodro's production site in the country and resume production and supply of Seniran products.
For now, the plant has started producing Samand LX cars for use in the taxi fleet, but other products are being introduced to the Senegal market to gauge the needs and tastes of the country's customers, he said.
"Despite international restrictions, Iran Khodro‌'s efforts to revive the site have borne fruit and the cargo ordered by the Senegalese has been shipped and the assembly and supply of Samand taxis has begun," Pourmojib said.
"We are planning to export other products of the Iran Khodro Industrial Group to Senegal, including heavy and semi-heavy commercial vehicles and motorbikes," Pourmojib said.
According to the official, this is the second shipment of CKD (completely knocked down) kits for assembly by Seniran Auto which has targeted re-exports to Guinea and Nigeria in the past.
"By activating the Senegal site, we will be able to pursue export targets in the African region more easily," he added.
Iran Khodro owns 60% of the shares in the $100 million joint venture with an annual production capacity of 5,000 cars which are equipped with ABS brake system, air bags, air-conditioners, and central locking.
Tehran’s quest for trade partners is not limited to Africa. It also has factories in Azerbaijan, Belarus, Syria and Venezuela.
UPDATE:
Senegal buying 2000 "Samand" taxis from Iran.

سنگال ۲ هزار تاکسی سمند می خرد+ فیلم

به گزارش مشرق، سفیر ایران در سنگال طی توئیتی نوشت:
خرسندم به اطلاع برسانم قرارداد نهایی خرید دو هزار دستگاه تاکسی سمند در راستای تجهیز ناوگان حمل و نقل شهری در شهرهای داکار و تیس بین شرکت سنیران اتو و نمایندگان وزارت حمل و نقل زمینی سنگال با حمایت صندوق ضمانت سرمایه گذاری اولویت دار و صندوق توسعه حمل و نقل زمینی سنگال منعقد گردید.

UPDATE:
Senegal buying 2000 "Samand" taxis from Iran.

سنگال ۲ هزار تاکسی سمند می خرد+ فیلم

به گزارش مشرق، سفیر ایران در سنگال طی توئیتی نوشت:
خرسندم به اطلاع برسانم قرارداد نهایی خرید دو هزار دستگاه تاکسی سمند در راستای تجهیز ناوگان حمل و نقل شهری در شهرهای داکار و تیس بین شرکت سنیران اتو و نمایندگان وزارت حمل و نقل زمینی سنگال با حمایت صندوق ضمانت سرمایه گذاری اولویت دار و صندوق توسعه حمل و نقل زمینی سنگال منعقد گردید.
I was trying to find the article in English couldn’t find it, I don’t know if this article is accurate or not but messed up if it’s true to build a factory and to lose all that investment.

I was trying to find the article in English couldn’t find it, I don’t know if this article is accurate or not but messed up if it’s true to build a factory and to lose all that investment.
This report you copied is from Radio farda..CIA Voice of America broadcast..can not trust a single word...the plant was closed because of US pressure on Senegal but reopened in 2021 .CKD shipments of Samand taxis are ongoing now and being assembled in Senegal in this plant according to the report in my initial posting.

Iran building trucks and off road vehicle in St. Petersburg, Russia
RU_TRUCKS.JPG

It became known which Russian plant will produce Iranian cars. Production is going to be organized at the site in St. Petersburg Shushary, where German MAN trucks were previously produced. TASS writes about this with reference to the director for strategic development of the Best Motors company, which is a distributor of cars from Iran. Now the parties are negotiating a future localization.

Назван завод, на котором будут собирать иранские автомобили в России​

Пока до локализации далеко: сначала иранцы начнут продажи импортированных машин и изучат рынок
Стало известно, какой российский завод будет выпускать иранские машины. Производство собираются организовать на площадке в петербургских Шушарах, где раньше выпускали грузовики немецкой MAN. Об этом пишет ТАСС со ссылкой на директора по стратегическому развитию компании «Бест Моторс», выступающей дистрибьютором автомобилей из Ирана. Сейчас стороны ведут переговоры о будущей локализации.

Обсудить

Архивное фото.

Архивное фото.
© Scania

https://motor.ru/authors/mariya-ruckaya
Мария Руцкая

Чижов отмечает, что итоговое решение по налаживанию сборки «иранцев» в России пока не принято. Сначала партнеры изучат целесообразность такого шага, изучив спрос на нашем рынке. Сейчас на него готовятся выйти автомобили фирмы Saipa — хэтчбек Quik, а также седаны Shahin и Saina, которые будут стоить от одного до 1,7 миллиона рублей. Продажи должны стартовать 1 июня, и до конца года Saipa планирует продать не менее 10 тысяч машин.

Предприятие MAN в Санкт-Петербурге запустили в 2013 году — там «отверточным» методом собирали грузовые автомобили MAN и Scania. В 2022-м завод по понятным причинам прекратил работу, а к концу года владеющая марками компания Traton SE, которая входит в Volkswagen Group, избавилась от бизнеса в России.

Iran building trucks and off road vehicle in St. Petersburg, Russia
View attachment 923711
It became known which Russian plant will produce Iranian cars. Production is going to be organized at the site in St. Petersburg Shushary, where German MAN trucks were previously produced. TASS writes about this with reference to the director for strategic development of the Best Motors company, which is a distributor of cars from Iran. Now the parties are negotiating a future localization.

Назван завод, на котором будут собирать иранские автомобили в России​

Пока до локализации далеко: сначала иранцы начнут продажи импортированных машин и изучат рынок
Стало известно, какой российский завод будет выпускать иранские машины. Производство собираются организовать на площадке в петербургских Шушарах, где раньше выпускали грузовики немецкой MAN. Об этом пишет ТАСС со ссылкой на директора по стратегическому развитию компании «Бест Моторс», выступающей дистрибьютором автомобилей из Ирана. Сейчас стороны ведут переговоры о будущей локализации.

Обсудить

Архивное фото.

Архивное фото.
© Scania

https://motor.ru/authors/mariya-ruckaya
Мария Руцкая

Чижов отмечает, что итоговое решение по налаживанию сборки «иранцев» в России пока не принято. Сначала партнеры изучат целесообразность такого шага, изучив спрос на нашем рынке. Сейчас на него готовятся выйти автомобили фирмы Saipa — хэтчбек Quik, а также седаны Shahin и Saina, которые будут стоить от одного до 1,7 миллиона рублей. Продажи должны стартовать 1 июня, и до конца года Saipa планирует продать не менее 10 тысяч машин.

Предприятие MAN в Санкт-Петербурге запустили в 2013 году — там «отверточным» методом собирали грузовые автомобили MAN и Scania. В 2022-м завод по понятным причинам прекратил работу, а к концу года владеющая марками компания Traton SE, которая входит в Volkswagen Group, избавилась от бизнеса в России.
In my opinion Scania trucks are literally the best in the world so it will be a pretty big downgrade. But better than letting the factory go to waste.

Have you any idea what cars will be produced at this plant?

In my opinion Scania trucks are literally the best in the world so it will be a pretty big downgrade. But better than letting the factory go to waste.

Have you any idea what cars will be produced at this plant?
The way I understand this plan is that Scania trucks are made in Iran under license and now Iran will be making them in Russia..as for which cars I have to find out..

The way I understand this plan is that Scania trucks are made in Iran under license and now Iran will be making them in Russia..as for which cars I have to find out..
That's VERY strange because Scania and MAN are both owned by Volkswagen. I am very confused.

But this shows that Russia is sanctioned even worse than Iran :lol:

That's VERY strange because Scania and MAN are both owned by Volkswagen. I am very confused.

But this shows that Russia is sanctioned even worse than Iran :lol:
Yes I did notice that also : If the trucks are indeed Scania then it is similar case to Iran supplying Russia with Siemens Gas turbines which were made under license in Iran..Legally what happens to License agreements when a company leave a country due sanctions is not known..

Siemens left Iran after Trump sanctions ,,,but MAPNA still produces and exports Siemens turbines ..Is license and IP now void and parts can be copied with no legal consequence..Same will apply to SCANA license..Trucks can be copied with no legal consequence and assembly lines set up in Russia which is completely sanctions by Europe.. Leaving a country because of a third party santins (US) is not a Legal excuse..so If siemens left Iran due to US (not UN) sanctions it was illegal act also.

Back
Top Bottom