What's new

Iranian Arabs

No, swear to God. :rofl:
My dad even says his father had a family tree which could trace our family all the way up to the Prophet's family or something.
I dont know how valid that is. But if so, I have some Hijazi ancestry, even if its small. :)

Ironic right? :D

Well, that's your paternal ancestry. I mean from father to son etc. So technically that makes you an Iranian-Arab although you obviously have much more Iranian in you. That's cool. Very good, LOL. Surprised by that. Then you must accept my friendship here.

Anyway here are a few other Iranian-Arabs:

Abu al-Faraj al-Isfahani (historian)

Auther of this encyclopedia where different poems and songs were collected.

Kitab al-Aghani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Abu al-Faraj al-Isfahani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rābi'a bint Ka'b al-Quzdārī (Semi-legendary female poet and the first one in the "New Persian poetry" era)

Rabia Balkhi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the few female writers of Iran to be recorded by name.

Her name and biography appear in 'Awfī's lubābu 'l-albāb, 'Attār's maṭnawīyat, and Djāmī's nafahātu 'l-uns. She is said to have been descended from a royal family, her father Ka'b al-Quzdārī, a chieftain at the Samanid court, reportedly descended from Arab immigrants who had settled in eastern Persia during the time of Abu Muslim.[3]

Abu'l-Faraj Muhammad bin Is'hāq al-Nadim

Muslim Arab scholar and bibliographer. Author of Kitab al-Fihrist.

Ibn al-Nadim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amir Asadollah Alam

Iranian politician who was the prime minister of Iran from 1962-1964. He was also the Minister of the Royal Court and president of Pahlavi University and Governor of the Sistan and Baluchistan Province. Born in Birjand to an Arab family originally from Ahwaz.

Asadollah Alam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mohammad Khazaee

Born in Kashmar, Khorasan, and the current Iranian ambassador to the United Nations.

Mohammad Khazaee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Abū al-Ḥusayn ‘Asākir ad-Dīn Muslim ibn al-Ḥajjāj ibn Muslim ibn Ward ibn Kawshādh al-Qushayrī an-Naysābūrī

Author of Sahih Muslim and hadith collector.

Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hamid-Reza Assefi

Born in Mashhad and former Spokesman, Vice Minister of Parliamentary and Consular Affairs and Communication, and the Special Assistant to the Minister at the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs under President Khatami. He is now Iran's ambassador to the UAE.

Hamid-Reza Assefi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shahriar Bahrani

Iranian film director. Of Bahraini origins.

Shahriar Bahrani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hamed Haddadi

Iranian basketball player from Ahwaz and the first Iranian NBA player in history. Only 2.18 meters tall!

Hamed Haddadi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Grand Ayatollah Sayyid Mohammad Ali Mousavi Jazayeri

Mohammad Ali Mousavi Jazayeri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ayatollah Sayyed Abbas Almohri

One of the first Shia scholars based in Kuwait. He was born in the city of Mohr in Fars province.

Abbas Almohri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That village Khalaf, interests me, also because of their unique dialect, but there seems not to be many photos.

Well, that's your paternal ancestry. I mean from father to son etc. So technically that makes you an Iranian-Arab although you obviously have much more Iranian in you. That's cool. Very good, LOL. Surprised by that. Then you must accept my friendship here.

Anyway here are a few other Iranian-Arabs:

Abu al-Faraj al-Isfahani (historian)

Auther of this encyclopedia where different poems and songs were collected.

Kitab al-Aghani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Abu al-Faraj al-Isfahani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rābi'a bint Ka'b al-Quzdārī (Semi-legendary female poet and the first one in the "New Persian poetry" era)

Rabia Balkhi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the few female writers of Iran to be recorded by name.

Abu'l-Faraj Muhammad bin Is'hāq al-Nadim

Muslim Arab scholar and bibliographer. Author of Kitab al-Fihrist.

Ibn al-Nadim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amir Asadollah Alam

Iranian politician who was the prime minister of Iran from 1962-1964. He was also the Minister of the Royal Court and president of Pahlavi University and Governor of the Sistan and Baluchistan Province. Born in Birjand to an Arab family originally from Ahwaz.

Asadollah Alam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mohammad Khazaee

Born in Kashmar, Khorasan, and the current Iranian ambassador to the United Nations.

Mohammad Khazaee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Abū al-Ḥusayn ‘Asākir ad-Dīn Muslim ibn al-Ḥajjāj ibn Muslim ibn Ward ibn Kawshādh al-Qushayrī an-Naysābūrī

Author of Sahih Muslim and hadith collector.

Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hamid-Reza Assefi

Born in Mashhad and former Spokesman, Vice Minister of Parliamentary and Consular Affairs and Communication, and the Special Assistant to the Minister at the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs under President Khatami. He is now Iran's ambassador to the UAE.

Hamid-Reza Assefi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shahriar Bahrani

Iranian film director. Of Bahraini origins.

Shahriar Bahrani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hamed Haddadi

Iranian basketball player from Ahwaz and the first Iranian NBA player in history. Only 2.18 meters tall!

Hamed Haddadi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Grand Ayatollah Sayyid Mohammad Ali Mousavi Jazayeri

Mohammad Ali Mousavi Jazayeri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ayatollah Sayyed Abbas Almohri

One of the first Shia scholars based in Kuwait. He was born in the city of Mohr in Fars province.

Abbas Almohri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That village Khalaf, interests me, also because of their unique dialect, but there seems not to be many photos.

Yes true. In that case I am part Arab, even if its small. But not just any Arab, the BEST Arab! :D
Athough as you said, it has been pretty "diluted" and I am mainly Persian. However I dont define myself racially. I never say to other people that I am Persian when they ask where am I from. I always say Iranian. Iran is a nationality, and Persian is a race. And "purity" in race does not exist.

To be honest, no one is fully Arab/Turk/Persian/Kurd/etc in this region anymore. Its been mixed a lot, since we all live in the same place (ME) so its only natural.

I gladly accept the friendship. :)

Khalaf village in South Khorasan.

Khalaf, South Khorasan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to the census in 2006 it had a population of 387 people and there lived 105 families overall.

Most people of the village speak Arabic as their first language and are Sunni Muslims of the Hanafi fiqh. Imam Abu Hanafi (ra) was btw. born in Kufa to a Persian father from Kabul and an Arab mother.

A link in Persian about the village: Most people are probably farmers, children or elders and the majority of the youth probably want to move to bigger cities nearby.

عربهای روستای خلف درمیان - عرب نت

Here is that little village once again. I don't think that much has changed in the past 1400 years to be honest.

Very nice village.

Yes, and there are about 20-30 million Arabs in Latin America alone. What is your point, Mr. double user? To pollute another thread?
So what's the point of your thread?

The arabs in LA are lebanese, syrians hostile to your regime

So what's the point of your thread?

The arabs in LA are lebanese, syrians hostile to your regime

Arab American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't troll here. Not the topic. Can you not see the topic? Lastly I do not care about any regime. I don't live in the ME.

@WebMaster @Aeronaut @Jungibaaz @Oscar @Aether @nuclearpak @Manticore

Why is it that a thread that has had no problems is now being hijacked by a well-known serial troll and double user? He is also polluting other threads where no trolling occurs. Talking about "traitor heads", JEW USA, Al-SAUD JEW etc. all the time. It is not even funny anymore. Why don't you deal with him?

@Sun Piwa aka @elis aka @Waichichi aka @Fukuoka

Mohammad Reza Naqdi, commander of Basij
miriam20110523131441043.jpg

mohammad-reza-naqdi-2011-3-18-8-25-37.jpg

mehr-basij-leader.jpg

Ayatollah Sayyid Ali al-Husayni al-Sistani

Iranian-Arab born in Mashhad but now based in Najaf, Iraq. The surname al-Sistani which comes from the Sistan province of Iran and has this origin:

Sistani was born in Mashhad, Iran, to a family of religious scholars. During the Safavid period, Sistani's ancestor Sayyid Mohammad was appointed by Sultan Husayn to the office of Sheikh ul-Islam (Leading Authority of Islam) presiding over the Sistan province, where he then traveled with his children and settled, an event which accounts for the usage of the title "al-Sistani" in Ayatollah Sistani's own name today.

Ali al-Sistani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An Iranian Arab schoolboy named Abbas Haidari wearing traditional Arab clothing to school in Ahwaz.

ArabBoy.jpg

Residents of Ahwaz protest to save the Karoun river from drying out:

ahwazi+women+karoun.jpg

1383981_531715443583366_1134462349_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sistani is not Arab Hasani. And of course not everyone from Ahvaz is Arab too.

Sistani is not Arab Hasani. And of course not everyone from Ahvaz is Arab too.

He is a Sayyid and his ancestors came to Iran during the Safavid era. So he is very much an Iranian-Arab now based in Iraq. All Sadah families across the world are of an Arab paternal origin.

Yes, I know that but many are. About 50-50% today I believe. At least people on some of the photos are that.

He is a Sayyid and his ancestors came to Iran during the Safavid era. So he is very much an Iranian-Arab now based in Iraq.

Where did you get that from, that his ancestors came to Iran? It only says they came to Sistani, but not from any foreign area it seems.

Yes, I know that but many are. About 50-50% today I believe. At least people on some of the photos are that.

Yes, but you don't know for sure. Thus not really fair I'll guess.

Where did you get that from, that his ancestors came to Iran? It only says the came to Sistani, but not from any foreign area it seems.

Yes, but you don't know for sure. Thus not really fair I'll guess.

Sistani was born in Mashhad, Iran, to a family of religious scholars. During the Safavid period, Sistani's ancestor Sayyid Mohammad was appointed bySultan Husayn to the office of Sheikh ul-Islam (Leading Authority of Islam) presiding over the Sistan province, where he then traveled with his children and settled, an event which accounts for the usage of the title "al-Sistani" in Ayatollah Sistani's own name today.

Sayyid = Arab paternal ancestry. The kid, Abbas Haidari is undoubtedly an Iranian Arab (the one wearing that traditional dress) and in the two other photos there are Iranian Arabs present to. According to the source as well. Even one of them wears Arab dress. Non-Arabs would probably not do that. I also wrote Ahwazi residents since we cannot know for sure.

Biography - The Official Website of His Eminence the Grand Ayatollah al-Sayyid 'Ali al-Husayni al-Sistani

His lineage is pretty well recorded.

Sayyid = Arab paternal ancestry. The kid, Abbas Haidari is undoubtedly an Arab (the one wearing that traditional dress) and the two other photos there are Arab present to. According to the source as well. Even one of them wears Arab dress. Non-Arabs would probably not do that. I also wrote Ahwazi residents since we cannot know for sure.

Sayyids are just a symbolic title in Iran. Like I said, even the Turkic Safavids claimed to be decedents of the prophet. I'll bet that anyone with a certain amount of influence back then could've bought this title.

Yes, but Ahvazi residents does not automatically mean Arab. You've to be sure IMO.

Sayyids are just a symbolic title in Iran. Like I said, even the Turkic Safavids claimed to be decedents of the prophet. I'll bet that anyone with a certain amount of influence back then could've bought this title.

Yes, but Ahvazi residents does not automatically mean Arab. You've to be sure IMO.

I don't know about that. But Al-Sistani's lineage is pretty well recorded. He is a Sayyid otherwise other Sadah and well-respeted Shia clerics etc. would not have accepted him. His family has had high religious positions since the Safavid era. They are not your average Joe that started to use the Sayyid title 1-2 generations ago some 150 years ago without any documentation. Besides all Sadah families had/have family trees and they were not allowed to receive zakat for instance. They also had the highest religious positions in general in all Muslim lands and were influential people. They formed a class by themselves.

@SinaG and definetely @Hussein should know more about the situation in Iran when it comes to this. But the presence of many Hashemite families in Iran (hundreds) have been well-established even well before the Safavid Era and the same Safavids used Shia Arab ulama, often of Sadah background, extensively.

The source stats that some of them are Ahwazi Arabs and they are wearing Arab dress. Hence there is a very big chance of them being Iranian Arabs. So I thought about posting them. Anyway does not matter.

After the conquest, Ismail began transforming the religious landscape of Iran by imposing Twelver Shiism on the populace. Since most of the population embraced Sunni Islam and since an educated version of Shiism was scarce in Iran at the time, Ismail imported a new Shia Ulema corps from traditional Shiite centers of the Arabic speaking lands, such as Jabal Amil (of Southern Lebanon), Bahrain and Southern Iraq in order to create a state clergy. Ismail offered them land and money in return for loyalty. These scholars taught the doctrine of Twelver Shiism and made it accessible to the population and energetically encouraged conversion to Shiism.[32][35][36][37] To emphasize how scarce Twelver Shiism was then to be found in Iran, a chronicler tells us that only one Shia text could be found in Ismail’s capital Tabriz.[38] Thus it is questionable whether Ismail and his followers could have succeeded in forcing a whole people to adopt a new faith without the support of the Arab Shiite scholars.[34] The rulers of Safavid Persia also invited these foreign Shiite religious scholars to their court in order to provide legitimacy for their own rule over Persia.[39]

Abbas I of Persia, during his reign, also imported more Arab Shia Ulema to Iran, built religious institutions for them, including many Madrasahs (religious schools) and successfully persuaded them to participate in the government, which they had shunned in the past (following the Hidden imam doctrine).[40]

Safavid conversion of Iran to Shia Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom