What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Iran topography is this:

View attachment 895062
So no mater what you do on the ground there would be still loopholes, one of the reasons behind purchasing F-14 back in 70s was using it as mini awacs to cover all areas that stationary radars was blind.
you see radars like ghadir and sepehr overcome that problem but they can't be used for targeting enemy and there is no doubt that Iran need AWACS to overcome that problem

by the way i doubt before revolution Iran used F-14s as mini AWACS the gaps in Iran radars were more prominent in south of country not north and there was no threat in south

Iran topography is this:

View attachment 895062
So no mater what you do on the ground there would be still loopholes, one of the reasons behind purchasing F-14 back in 70s was using it as mini awacs to cover all areas that stationary radars was blind.
Is that a correct statement? Loopholes imply some knowledge by the opponent. Since Iranian systems are currently mostly blind spots where are the loopholes? Isn't indigenous hardware by nature a fundamental challenge for opponents?

media%2FFhGZ1FVWAAEJIAB.jpg

you see radars like ghadir and sepehr overcome that problem but they can't be used for targeting enemy and there is no doubt that Iran need AWACS to overcome that problem

by the way i doubt before revolution Iran used F-14s as mini AWACS the gaps in Iran radars were more prominent in south of country not north and there was no threat in south
Yes OTH would do that but just are good for early warning and for sure are first targets.
As far as I know Iran ordered 3 AWACS that due to the revolution never got delivered and up until their delivery it was F14 task to cover northern part of Iran against Mig-25 and Soviet jets.
Is that a correct statement? Loopholes imply some knowledge by the opponent. Since Iranian systems are currently mostly blind spots where are the loopholes? Isn't indigenous hardware by nature a fundamental challenge for opponents?
I meant you can not cover everywhere by ground radar.

Yes OTH would do that but just are good for early warning and for sure are first targets.
As far as I know Iran ordered 3 AWACS that due to the revolution never got delivered and up until their delivery it was F14 task to cover northern part of Iran against Mig-25 and Soviet jets.

I meant you can not cover everywhere by ground radar.

Understood. But is that a realistic intent?

I do not know when Iran will clearly announce that it possesses the technology to manufacture AESA radars
Eagle eye on frigates
Radar system Bavar 373
And maybe radar-guided missiles
This is what I remember
are you serious ? Are you a new troll?

I do not know when Iran will clearly announce that it possesses the technology to manufacture AESA radars
Eagle eye on frigates
Radar system Bavar 373
And maybe radar-guided missiles
This is what I remember
Iran announced it when they introduced 3rd of Khordad in 2014

So what’s the difference between Arman and Bavar Gen 2.0 that was just shown?

We need mass production and numbers not 2 different systems doing the same thing. That would be like USA building two different systems like THAADs. Or Russia building 2 different systems like S-500’s
B373 will be in production, anyway, Arman which will adapt new technology, new missile & RADAR, maybe a bit of ABM capability.
Then b373 will be opened for sell.

Back
Top Bottom