What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Is bavar a complete indigenous system? I mean made from scratch without something else as a base or sample, with full indigenous radar and missiles?

Also the same question but with 3rd khordad

asking these because i need arguments for people saying 3rd khordad is a BUK copy and that Bavar "has certainly been made with chinese or russian assistance" even they have no proof, but beside the look, is 3rd Khordad completely different than Buk M2E?
Please do your research . The answers are manifest in this forum. We cannot take the burden of that for you. Only you can.

Images of the radar screen of the upgraded Bavar 373 system during the system test at a range of more than 300 km. The approaching target, which was locked on at a distance of 318 km and an altitude of 4,703 meters (15,430 feet), is finally shot down at a distance of 306 km.
media%2FFg4SMcnXgAc7hFc.jpg

media%2FFg4SPDZWYAcF0lZ.jpg
The RCS value at 306 km is should be in consideration, -214748????

Last edited:
The RCS value at 306 km is should be in consideration, -214748????
RCS with minus - shoud be in DB (decibel),if you look carefuly,number look like 2 14748 (empty space between 2 and rest),so it would make sense 2,14789 db

Last edited:
Great improvement, pretty sure now if there is a possible war, the reputation of the F-35 or F-22/B-2 will be destroyed like the F-117 was

I think as of now this system surpasses at least any export versions LR SAMs of any country in the world, and maybe surpasses domestic S-400, i imagine it coupled with the last SHORADs unveiled to protect it from JSOW-like standoff ammunitions and Tomahawks

The next thing is to see how much Iran will produce in a year, this is by far the best military system made by Iran in the past decade along with Shahed Soleimani corvette

Hi everyone
could we use sayyad 4,instead of s-200 missile in talash air defence?
does s-200 missile have any superiority against sayyad 4 missile!

Hi everyone
could we use sayyad 4,instead of s-200 missile in talash air defence?
does s-200 missile have any superiority against sayyad 4 missile!
talash is what later turned into 15th of khordad as i' knew it uses Sayyad-2c and Sayyad-3

about s-200 well as far as I'm aware the system many times get upgraded , but for some reason it never performed that spectacular , the only thing that kept it relevant was its long range and its wide use at the time of Soviet Union and its high engagement ceiling (around 40km) . as I recall there was article in 2013n or 2014 that we actually made s200 sites compatible with Sayyad-3 and Sayyad-2

found it

so,can't we say that,s-200 missile will still be in use because of it's long range and capability of targeting high to medium altitude targets!
as far as this system was designed to engage with strategic bombers,could it be completed by sayyad-4d missile,or no!
in the mission of targeting high altitude bombers and awacs and arial refueling aircrafts,could we replace s-200 by sayyad-4d or not?

so,can't we say that,s-200 missile will still be in use because of it's long range and capability of targeting high to medium altitude targets!
well there is no point to it , there is no threat above 30km that the missile can engage and sayyad-4b can deal with whatever we can see up to the altitude , the missile if had ABM capability was useful for that , but it has zero ABM capabilities , it tend to lock on targets you are not intended and is only good against target with very low maneuverability like tankers and transport airplane .
Sayyad family and the last Taer that we saw on on 3rd of Khordad are a lot more useful .
as far as this system was designed to engage with strategic bombers,could it be completed by sayyad-4d missile,or no!
in the mission of targeting high altitude bombers and awacs and arial refueling aircrafts,could we replace s-200 by sayyad-4d or not?
if we use s-200 is only because we have them and the Bavar is not deployed yet.

although I agree its not about just detection and interception

Western nations work very heavily on Suppression of enemy air defences, Electronic jamming, Electronic warfare, intelligence gathering, eavesdropping and even sabotage

when they go to war they lay down the entire spectrum of capabilities and everything works so much better together, a fully integrated battlefield

I know Iran cannot really match all of that together so its very important as part of the arms deals with Russia with Shahid 136 and other missiles Iran gets nukes from Russia

although I agree its not about just detection and interception

Western nations work very heavily on Suppression of enemy air defences, Electronic jamming, Electronic warfare, intelligence gathering, eavesdropping and even sabotage

when they go to war they lay down the entire spectrum of capabilities and everything works so much better together, a fully integrated battlefield

I know Iran cannot really match all of that together so its very important as part of the arms deals with Russia with Shahid 136 and other missiles Iran gets nukes from Russia
we have E-warfare systems of ours and many of them are drone base not ground base like other countries , so it would be harder for enemy to deal with them
13991212135143749223426610.jpg

13991212130742243223420810.jpg

FgODV2NXwAMD3R3

5559084.jpg

also the nature of the radars of Bavar-make it very hard to be jammed , somebody may say it even become easier for them to detect you if you try to jam them

we have E-warfare systems of ours and many of them are drone base not ground base like other countries , so it would be harder for enemy to deal with them
13991212135143749223426610.jpg

13991212130742243223420810.jpg

FgODV2NXwAMD3R3

5559084.jpg

also the nature of the radars of Bavar-make it very hard to be jammed , somebody may say it even become easier for them to detect you if you try to jam them
Any news on airborne radar?

Back
Top Bottom