What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

B373 will be in production, anyway, Arman which will adapt new technology, new missile & RADAR, maybe a bit of ABM capability.
Then b373 will be opened for sell.

The issue is Iran’s entire medium & long range air defense missile family is based on the shell of a SM-3 missile. Obviously internals are different.

So Arman would need to be an entirely new missile family design to justify production.

B-373 2.0 has a ABM capability and a new radar on the TEL itself for long range illumination and targeting.

I see four canisters in a TEL truck. It is new launcher?. Two of them with the seeker out of the canister was not a quick firing capable launcher, but if they have achieved a launcher with four inmediately firing canisters would be really a great improvement. This system must be capable of compete with latest PMU-3 in international market!!!.

The issue is Iran’s entire medium & long range air defense missile family is based on the shell of a SM-3 missile. Obviously internals are different.

So Arman would need to be an entirely new missile family design to justify production.

B-373 2.0 has a ABM capability and a new radar on the TEL itself for long range illumination and targeting.
Sayyad series, Mostly the air-frame looks similar to SM lineup, But Sayyad 4 is a bit tends to 48N6, with TVC, May be they referenced from Belarusian system they revived earlier.
Those Air frames aren't that much bad for such application, mostly proximity termination, even syaad4 has both control surface and TVC for achieving higher gain in maneuverability .

If they are gonna making any ABM missile that will be used for hit to kill termination or exo-atmospheric interception by any KKV (Kinetic Kill Vehicle) they may look for newer design, a design that has a steering system aside from atmospheric control surfaces. Arrow 3 and THHAD can be a reference to work on, for some reason i like 9M8x platform used in s300v4 model. Even the S500 uses similar looking missile.

I have good hope for Arman project (Bavar 473) but at least 5 batteries b373 v2 should be operational.

Sayyad series, Mostly the air-frame looks similar to SM lineup, But Sayyad 4 is a bit tends to 48N6, with TVC, May be they referenced from Belarusian system they revived earlier.
48N6 only present in latest models of S-300 and have nothing to do with Belarusian s-300

If they are gonna making any ABM missile that will be used for hit to kill termination or exo-atmospheric interception by any KKV (Kinetic Kill Vehicle) they may look for newer design
the last test of Bavar was a hit to kill at 306km against a karrar drone

I have good hope for Arman project (Bavar 473) but at least 5 batteries b373 v2 should be operational.
i doubt it will be called Bavar-473 the 373 in the name of Bavar is Abjad number for holy prophet name .

48N6 only present in latest models of S-300 and have nothing to do with Belarusian s-300

the last test of Bavar was a hit to kill at 306km against a karrar drone

i doubt it will be called Bavar-473 the 373 in the name of Bavar is Abjad number for holy prophet name .
In case of Karrar , that was Endo- atmospheric interception, Control surfaces works fine, but exo-atomospharic interception against BM , u need to take theories in different lvl, just look at arrow3 KKV and steering thrusters.

Oh, i forgot Iran got S300p version from Belarus, Yet sayyad4 has close similarities with 4xNx missiles.

14010822000439638039426164731655_24991_PhotoT.JPG

Hi dear friends
it seems that there is deference between debris of missile by what is inauguratwed as sayyad-4b
look at the tail fins that differs by sayyad-4b

In case of Karrar , that was Endo- atmospheric interception, Control surfaces works fine, but exo-atomospharic interception against BM , u need to take theories in different lvl, just look at arrow3 KKV and steering thrusters.

Oh, i forgot Iran got S300p version from Belarus, Yet sayyad4 has close similarities with 4xNx missiles.
the question is will sayad-4b have an exo-atmospheric flight or it's flight path is endo-atmospheric ? even if the system being used against ballistic missiles it would be terminal phase which is inside atmosphere
If they build a system to engage missile outside atmosphere , the missile must have at least 100-150km flight altitude and the radar will be completely different and in class of AN/TPY-2 the current radar on bavar are not that Ideal for exo-atmospheric tracking of targets

I see four canisters in a TEL truck. It is new launcher?. Two of them with the seeker out of the canister was not a quick firing capable launcher, but if they have achieved a launcher with four inmediately firing canisters would be really a great improvement. This system must be capable of compete with latest PMU-3 in international market!!!.
Russia never made a system called PMU-3 and facts show that the S-300 PM series ended with S-300PMU2 after which Russia named their last upgrade S-400. Therefore, PMU-3 doesn't exist.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom