What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

not exactly Taer is probably 5.5m long with wingspan of less than 1m with a weight of around 700kg an standard missile depend of variant is 5-8m long and wingspan of 1-1.5m with a weight of around 500-700kg

Ok thanks for the info. The problem I see with Taer and Raad missile is that they are exposed to the elements but apparently the IRGCN does not seem too concerned with that since they put a truck based Raad on their new Shahid Roudaki forward operating base!

It’s also great for shooting down civilian airliners apparently.

TOR-M1 is a joke. One suicide drone and it’s crew is barbecued alive.

This is the inside of a Iranian TOR-M1

View attachment 733030

1980’s technology

This is TOR-M2DT
View attachment 733029

And cold launch makes zero difference for mission capability. That is like saying S-300 is better because cold launch than Bavar-373 which is hot launch. Absurd argument.

And Russia TOR-M1 air defense systems fire 2 missile per target for better interception, so engages 4 targets and the crew has to reload and are entirely vulnerable. See Israeli suicide drone strikes on Pantsir and Tor-M1 when reloading.
how about pantsir!....i used to think taht tor-m1 is more better than pantsir.....and what point is in oghab air defence system.......it seems to be a clone of pantsir.......isn't it better to copy tor system than pantsir!

Ok thanks for the info. The problem I see with Taer and Raad missile is that they are exposed to the elements but apparently the IRGCN does not seem too concerned with that since they put a truck based Raad on their new Shahid Roudaki forward operating base!
they can be housed inside the canister just look at 15-khordad or Bavar-373 . they use Sayyad-2 and Sayyad-3 and probably Sayyad-4
about Shahid Roodaki , I believe that ship is not complete yet and what IRGC envision for it is completely different and in 1-2 year we will see what it would look like . my guess is that Raad won't be on truck by the time
how about pantsir!....i used to think taht tor-m1 is more better than pantsir.....and what point is in oghab air defence system.......it seems to be a clone of pantsir.......isn't it better to copy tor system than pantsir!
not clone of pantsir , Oghab was supposed to be Tor based at first generation and then second generation will have a cannon mounted on top but by the delays ( it was supposed to come 1 year ago ) my guess is they decided to skip the first generation completely.

but if you ask me a system based on pantsir is not suitable for the task . the missiles are expensive , bulky and their range is too damn short for future threats . I wished they built something according to Iron-Dome
it could engage target up to 70km away and the price of each missiles was about 40000$ just compare it with Tor

Last edited:
There is the improved rapier....There are 3 versions of Ya Zahra

1- Herz-9
2 - Ya Zahra
3 - Name ?View attachment 733018View attachment 733019F

Rapier
rapier.jpg

Herz-9; Self propelled Version of Iranian copy of FM-80( Chinese copy of French Crotale)
Herz-9.jpg
Ya Zahra; Towed version of Iranian copy of Chinese FM-80

Ya_Zahra.jpg

Last edited:
It is not just a simple copy but an improved and current system..... By the way, I know my subject.

I put in pictures the 3 versions because there are 3 versions of this air defense system

View attachment 733591View attachment 733592View attachment 733593
We must not forget Pirooz

View attachment 733594
piruz is using Manpads , its good for ambushing helicopters but not much more certainly its not useful against PGM's and suicide UAV's and incoming cruise missiles and other type of smart ammunitions

It is not just a simple copy but an improved and current system..... By the way, I know my subject.

I put in pictures the 3 versions because there are 3 versions of this air defense system

My apologies if I offended you. So there is two truck mounted versions, One with a cebine for the Missile operators and one with just the missile launcher . The later has a separate command post vehicle probably like the ones used with the Ya Zahra towed version. Are both the Truck based systems called Herz-9?

I hope the are wise enough to put these on old armoured personnel carriers like BTR-60s or bmp-1s/Boragh and not on vulnerable soft skin vehicles.

Last edited:
View attachment 733690

View attachment 733689

That's good progress and I hope IRGC Navy puts increasing importance on larger +50meter vessels

Overall got to say the IRGC Navy has done a good job in terms of increasing their capabilities and the rate of growth has been beyond satisfactory
Please repost this in the Navy section. Thank you!

piruz is using Manpads , its good for ambushing helicopters but not much more certainly its not useful against PGM's and suicide UAV's and incoming cruise missiles and other type of smart ammunitions

It can be good for drones and even missiles in the last seconds. It depends on the radar coordinates. They are not shouldered manpads. It's just one more option across the nation's integrated system. We haven't seen the final version so let's wait and see

My apologies if I offended you. So there is two truck mounted versions, One with a cebine for the Missile operators and one with just the missile launcher . The later has a separate command post vehicle probably like the ones used with the Ya Zahra towed version. Are both the Truck based systems called Herz-9?

I hope the are wise enough to put these on old armoured personnel carriers like BTR-60s or bmp-1s/Boragh and not on vulnerable soft skin vehicles.

Tactical soft skin vehicles with these types of ammunitions have their uses. Not in mechanized warfare but certainly in many battlefields.

View attachment 733591View attachment 733592View attachment 733593
We must not forget Pirooz

View attachment 733594
Ya-Zahra the towed version it self has 3 different versions as well , though only the body of the towed thing varies while the launcher part is same for all 3 versions

It can be good for drones and even missiles in the last seconds. It depends on the radar coordinates. They are not shouldered manpads. It's just one more option across the nation's integrated system. We haven't seen the final version so let's wait and see
today drones at least fly 1-2 km above flight ceiling of mithaq

Tactical soft skin vehicles with these types of ammunitions have their uses. Not in mechanized warfare but certainly in many battlefields.
Those soft skinned vehicles work fine with Just a simple ATGM launcher like we have seen deployed in Iraq and Syria against Daesh armour and VBIEDs.

Back
Top Bottom