What's new

Iran Moves 35 Years Ahead by Reverse Engineering US RQ-170

there are different projects based on RQ-170's technology ... Surveillance / Combat / ...

We are going to unveil one of them soon !

& 35 Years jump is just about engine technology not other parts !

RQ-170 was the most advanced goody :coffee:

engines of RQ-170 doesn't produce temperature difference with environment around it, so thermal sensors can't track it.

Sound of this engine isn't audible after a certain distance, too and doesn't produce white smoke too.

Say what? hold on! but Iranian official story is that they tracked RQ-170 through thermal image, how could that be?

That's all too advanced and for gods of metallurgical processes, such as myself. Not suitable for little children on this thread! :sarcastic:

Nickle based super-alloys, mastery of the turbo fan cycle, de-bugging hot zones, getting even 80s level metallurgy right to sustain the required TeT. The list is LONG!

This is kind of like news articles where it Iran is suppose to be the fastest growing scientific country in the world because it is publication of scientific papers is twenty times what it was a few years ago. 13,238 Scientific paper. In 2012 it was 40,000 but like China a lot of them are actually published in other countries and then republished in China or Iran.

Iran is top of the world in science growth - science-in-society - 28 March 2011 - New Scientist

No where in articles like this does it tell you that the USA publishs over half million and China 400,000.

Note the H index for reliability.

http://www.scimagojr.com/countryrank.php

Like a lot of things in the world one thing is not always equal to another thing.

@haman10 @SOHEIL, bad choice in picking up opponents. You need to pick your fights more carefully next time. You are arguing with one senior electronics engineer and a metallurgical / production engineer. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That's all too advanced and for gods of metallurgical processes, such as myself. Not suitable for little children on this thread! :sarcastic:

Next we'll hear that CMSX-6 and 10 have been cracked, Yttria is flowing from the labs.

What is the relevance to 3D ability? most shapes are easy to replicate, the key is in technology of manufacture, for example jet fan blades, you may replicate the shape but what about the material? that is a whole different story which is metallurgy alloys, you need specific formula how to cast them, what materials, what temperature , how to cool and more variables, that is the technology of manufacturing, what Iran cannot reveres engineer.

You are talking about science not reverse engineering !

What are you trying to say !? ha !?

We can't do this !?

But sadly we did !!! sorry bro !!! :D

I doubt the engine's a TF-34. Just an assumption though it might be a williams fj-44. The RQ-3 darkstar flew up to 45,000 feet using this engine.

again , It's simply impossible to Fit TF-34 inside RQ-170 .
Let Just say you even cant fit an engine 2/3th of the Size of TF-34 inside RQ-170

Whether its the Fj-44 or otherwise. High bypass turbofans with sound deadening are nowhere 35 years ahead or anything new. If anything, the shaping and sensor suite are the greatest catch.

I doubt the engine's a TF-34. Just an assumption though it might be a williams fj-44. The RQ-3 darkstar flew up to 45,000 feet using this engine.

again , It's simply impossible to Fit TF-34 inside RQ-170 .
Let Just say you even cant fit an engine 2/3th of the Size of TF-34 inside RQ-170

WTF !?

It is you ... not me !

I just said " this thing is not a normal engine "

none of your mentioned engines ... Is it really hard to understand !?

Yes it is..
What is a normal engine for this sort of aircraft?

@haman10 @SOHEIL, bad choice in picking up opponents. You need to pick your fights more carefully next time. You are arguing with one senior electronics engineer and a metallurgical / production engineer. :D

senior electronics engineer and a metallurgical / production engineer trained in turkey = a good mine worker in iran :sarcastic:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oscar is an EE, and I have more degrees than all of you combined on this thread! :D

You know the biggest regret in my life? Not being able to teach my Iranian & Arab students the basics of metallurgy, it was always too hard and cumbersome to shove it into them. I gave up finally! :sarcastic:

senior electronics engineer and a metallurgical / production engineer trained in turkey = a good mine worker in iran :sarcastic:

will see baby , will see :moil:

no matter what u and ur arab and turkish friends say :smitten:

Again, how can Iran reverse engineer something it has no excess to? you got the parts but you dont have the recipe.

Oscar is an EE, and I have more degrees than all of you combined on this thread! :sarcastic:

You're making me feel inadequate.:cry:

So apparently 30+ Kn high bypass engine is the future, and here we are beating our heads into the wall even after having achieved a 7.2:1 ratio and 52Kn dry-thrust, screaming how it is late 80s at best and aiming for 7.8. I should just shoot the folks at GTRE. :hitwall:

Did you see that picture !? Is that exhaust temperature !?

Its a blurred image of a supposed White Hot FLIR video. Oddly enough, the whole aircraft appears as HoT even though it is travelling at generally subsonic speeds and has these IR suppression measures.

Back
Top Bottom