What's new

Iran Moves 35 Years Ahead by Reverse Engineering US RQ-170

So what are we talking about? Flying wing clones?

there are different projects based on RQ-170's technology ... Surveillance / Combat / ...

We are going to unveil one of them soon !

& 35 Years jump is just about engine technology not other parts !

US still has goodies 100 years ahead of Iran

RQ-170 was the most advanced goody :coffee:

But engine Exhaust produce all the heat

engines of RQ-170 doesn't produce temperature difference with environment around it, so thermal sensors can't track it.

Sound of this engine isn't audible after a certain distance, too and doesn't produce white smoke too.

oh jesus !!!:lol:

dont u think the possibility that iran hacked into the system is a little higher than that??

no brah!! in our country people use thermostat as a temp sensing device , not a system which balances the temp of inside with that of outside !

Nope, that is the least possibility. Sure, there are possibilities that Iran may have been finding a pattern to the drone and figuring out where it flies through HUMINT in Afg and Iraq. But to hack frequency hopping encrypted networks? No. Because the Americans have already had this embarrassment in Iraq when they left feeds unencrypted and insurgents used it. Over Iran they probably took much better measures.

Moreover, how did the Iranians figure out exactly what signals to send to make the drone land? Because that particular signal would have to have the EXACT packed configuration, with the EXACT bits sent over the link to have the aircraft perform a landing.
the probability of that being pulled off is phenomenally small UNLESS Iran has bought out some US personnel.

that is not true, You need energy to keep flying.
Should that supply of energy stop ( from engine or air currents) you will loose altitude.
Gravity is every present, and you need to counter gravity to keep flying.
Loss of power does not mean the wing will stall. This is why I wanted you to pay attention the wing geometry.
stall characteristics are dependent on foil geometry, and then the wing's geometry.

Simple physics !

Ahan, is that true ?

Ever observed a bird and questioned yourself why has the bird evolved into a flying wing design ?

Instead of spending so much energy on the forum trying a defend a very difficult point, why don't you spend the same energy learning science ?
not to hard to defend , a flying wing in nature is a bat , what happen if it stop flapping it's wing
look at the bird like pelican or Albatross they are more like RQ-170 or Glider ?

wing geometry is very important , advantage of flying wing is not in its stability ,but after you managed to keep it stabilize it glide on itself and need far little energy to stay in the air. but to keep it stabilized you need energy and the only source of Energy in RQ-170 is it's engine , you take it away and it'll be like a dead Bat

that is not true, You need energy to keep flying.
Should that supply of energy stop ( from engine or air currents) you will loose altitude.
Gravity is every present, and you need to counter gravity to keep flying.
Loss of power does not mean the wing will stall. This is why I wanted you to pay attention the wing geometry.
stall characteristics are dependent on foil geometry, and then the wing's geometry.

Simple physics !

Ahan, is that true ?

Ever observed a bird and questioned yourself why has the bird evolved into a flying wing design ?

Instead of spending so much energy on the forum trying a defend a very difficult point, why don't you spend the same energy learning science ?
not to hard to defend , a flying wing in nature is a bat , what happen if it stop flapping it's wing
look at the bird like pelican or Albatross they are more like RQ-170 or Glider ?

wing geometry is very important , advantage of flying wing is not in its stability ,but after you managed to keep it stabilize it glide on itself and need far little energy to stay in the air. but to keep it stabilized you need energy and the only source of Energy in RQ-170 is it's engine , you take it away and it'll be like a dead Bat

Haven't you notice theres been many drone crashes in Pakistan for many years? Iran has a hand in it. And recent drone crashes in the states just shows how advanced Iran's hacking abilities.

Electromagnetic attack is enough for MQ-1 / MQ-9 / ...

Nope, that is the least possibility. Sure, there are possibilities that Iran may have been finding a pattern to the drone and figuring out where it flies through HUMINT in Afg and Iraq. But to hack frequency hopping encrypted networks? No. Because the Americans have already had this embarrassment in Iraq when they left feeds unencrypted and insurgents used it. Over Iran they probably took much better measures.

Moreover, how did the Iranians figure out exactly what signals to send to make the drone land? Because that particular signal would have to have the EXACT packed configuration, with the EXACT bits sent over the link to have the aircraft perform a landing.
the probability of that being pulled off is phenomenally small UNLESS Iran has bought out some US personnel.

well first when u make a theory , u should have enough evidence to prove it!! when i say iran landed the drone , i give u 2 logical evidence for it:

1- the drone was full of explosives in order to destroy the tech inside if necessary and

2- the drone has clearly landed down , and the "coming down like a leaf" is nothing but BS!! how can something come down like a leaf from 15km above intact?

now if u say iran didnt hack into it , give us some evidence !! enlighten us ;)

there are different projects based on RQ-170's technology ... Surveillance / Combat / ...

We are going to unveil one of them soon !

& 35 Years jump is just about engine technology not other parts !

RQ-170 was the most advanced goody :coffee:

engines of RQ-170 doesn't produce temperature difference with environment around it, so thermal sensors can't track it.

Sound of this engine isn't audible after a certain distance, too and doesn't produce white smoke too.

And I told you that it is NOT a 35 year leap. Such engines have been around for a long time. The Bae-146 aircraft that first flew in 1978 and was designed to operate from city airports has a very high bypass ratio along with similar noise deadening features to allow it to meet regulatory levels. The engine rumoured to be in the RQ-170 that is the TF-34 also has a very high bypass ratio and has been around since 1971.. add sound deadening and certain performance improvements and you have a Quiet and smokeless engine.
NO 35 years leap.

Yeah I agree Iran could do it, but they cannot replicate how to manufacture the UAV. LO technology is not new to the US. When it's a breakthrough, it's usually new ways for manufacturing LO airframes. Especially in a rapid timeline, such as the RQ-170.

When know enough about the fast prototyping :coffee:

And I told you that it is NOT a 35 year leap. Such engines have been around for a long time. The Bae-146 aircraft that first flew in 1978 and was designed to operate from city airports has a very high bypass ratio along with similar noise deadening features to allow it to meet regulatory levels. The engine rumoured to be in the RQ-170 that is the TF-34 also has a very high bypass ratio and has been around since 1971.. add sound deadening and certain performance improvements and you have a Quiet and smokeless engine.
NO 35 years leap.

We are talking about a perfect technology ! secret stuffs !

Believe me, you don't know anything about RQ-170's engine !

NO 35 years leap.

well first when u make a theory , u should have enough evidence to prove it!! when i say iran landed the drone , i give u 2 logical evidence for it:

1- the drone was full of explosives in order to destroy the tech inside if necessary and

2- the drone has clearly landed down , and the "coming down like a leaf" is nothing but BS!! how can something come down like a leaf from 15km above intact?

now if u say iran didnt hack into it , give us some evidence !! enlighten us ;)

1-Drones dont carry explosives, the very nature of high speed impact is usually enough to destroy an object(add on board fuel and you have an explosion)

2- Not B.S at all, Since Iranians love equating Radio Control aircraft with actual full scale dynamics(such as the Qaher).. Ill give you an example closer to that.
The Maple leaf spin due to an asymmetric stall on a flying wing actually reduces the rate of decent compared to a normal spin

And the evidence is already given. You just ignored it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Right..so basically you have got nothing and blabbering now.
Fine,Ill accept that you concede.

Back
Top Bottom