What's new

Iran Moves 35 Years Ahead by Reverse Engineering US RQ-170

You are talking about science not reverse engineering !

What are you trying to say !? ha !?

We can't do this !?

But sadly we did !!! sorry bro !!! :D

Are you for real? how cloud there be any engineering without the scientific method?

Dude, making a wing, integrating it with a basic RC package and sticking a Sony video camera does not make a "drone". Once you are done with the hardware (500,000 different sub assemblies), the core software alone takes decades to write. Let's not forget the data link, the assets in space, the weapons package, the sensor suites etc etc etc etc etc..... this is a never ending list. Why do you think that no one other than the US of A has succeeded till now? The French, the Brits, the Ruskies and the Chinese are all working day and night for the better part of last decade to come up with something even close, yet they are 5 generations behind them? Think with an open mind, there must be something logical as a reason.

C-band and Ku-band data links rain from the sky. Codes write themselves...the solutions (apparently) are endless too.

Nickle based super-alloys, mastery of the turbo fan cycle, de-bugging hot zones, getting even 80s level metallurgy right to sustain the required TeT. The list is LONG!

Or the fact that most most of the turbine blades today are made of single crystal and growing a single crystal in a controlled manner is a manufacturing process which can't be replicated by even after someone had said engine in possession.

A strange but valid question. The day you do it, and it's verified by any mainstream scientific journal, within lets say..... thirty years... @Oscar can give me a perma ban. :sarcastic:

Btw, Hype.. who is the Senior EE? You got an EE to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Or the fact that most most of the turbine blades today are made of single crystal and growing a single crystal in a controlled manner is a manufacturing process which can't be replicated by even after someone had said engine in possession.

That is not an issue for the engine in question. Had the claim been that even CMSX-4 level performance has been achieved then Hype would have died of a burst bladder.

I thought you were the Electronics Engineer! Nope, me got BS double major (Metallurgical / Mechanical). MS Metallurgical (Powder Metallurgy) + MS Industrial (Manufacturing).

If you aren't, who am I confusing you with? :blink:

Btw, Hype.. who is the Senior EE? You got an EE to?

I thought you were the Electronics Engineer! Nope, me got BS double major (Metallurgical / Mechanical). MS Metallurgical (Powder Metallurgy) + MS Industrial (Manufacturing).

If you aren't, who am I confusing you with? :blink:
Im an EE of sorts(If telecom falls anywhere) but as such have 2 years on embedded systems(an interesting and very varied two years).. but thats it. I got sick of it. Now Ive traded Texas Instruments for Goldman Sachs.

C-band and Ku-band data links rain from the sky. Codes write themselves...the solutions (apparently) are endless too.

Already talked about the engine, do not want to go back to that. Besides you're better fitted to explain the metallurgical challenges involved anyway. Don't want to elucidate on the SAR/MTI sensor package either. Ain't getting paid for this, ain't writing a thesis.:taz:

Iran could not reverse engineer F-14 in 33 years. But they reverse engineered RQ-170 in 1 year :lol:

Farce news at best.

Back in the cold war days the USA knew that Communist spys were stealing every military and industrial secret possible. And they were good at it, much like the Chinese today. Just about anything the soviets set their sights on they were going to obtain sooner or later so we used to sabotage the plans, use double agents to furnish dead end or even bogus plans. One of them actually caused the largest man made explosion in history involving oil fields..

One of the more successful sabotage efforts was in aircraft engine production, they never did get the manufacturing process of the medals correct. Another Russian air crash leads to more hand-wringing - World Blog

President Dmitry Medvedev acknowledged Russia’s safety issues. “We cannot go on like this,” he said. “If we are unable to sort it out, we must buy foreign aircraft.

I am allways wondering what kind of reasoning convinces Indians that Russia can build advanced military aircraft but not a commercial one.

Iran could not reverse engineer F-14 in 33 years. But they reverse engineered RQ-170 in 1 year :lol:

Farce news at best.

You are repeating your bullsh!!!ts every day ... What is the point of reverse engineering F-14 !?

this is really funny that you guys have no balls for a BET !

Just prove you are not that girl in your avatar & you have two balls in your pants !

Back
Top Bottom