What's new

Iran Moves 35 Years Ahead by Reverse Engineering US RQ-170

If you think so. If this aircraft survived in Pakistan's contested airspace, well that foreshadows how survivable it is in other countries' airspace.

What I am guessing is that this thing has probably been flying around Iran since 2008-9.. Considering the track record of the Predator series in terms of reliability..I think one mishap is given for this aircraft.

You got that right.

This article is a joke. Airframe wise, there is nothing spectacular about the RQ's flying wing design and Iranian aviation engineers know this. Heck, even radio control (RC) scale modelers know this.

If this is not important ... don't worry about it !

@gambit ... Do you have access to classified information !?

Last edited by a moderator:
gambit[/MENTION] ... Do you have access to classified information !?

well at first i though i,m talking to a real logical professional so i tried to reply nicely but now !!

he doesnt have access to his own laptop information :omghaha: or else he could shove a little wikipedia into his brain so that he doesnt sound like a nationalist cheap talker

Dude, making a wing, integrating it with a basic RC package and sticking a Sony video camera does not make a "drone". Once you are done with the hardware (500,000 different sub assemblies), the core software alone takes decades to write. Let's not forget the data link, the assets in space, the weapons package, the sensor suites etc etc etc etc etc..... this is a never ending list. Why do you think that no one other than the US of A has succeeded till now? The French, the Brits, the Ruskies and the Chinese are all working day and night for the better part of last decade to come up with something even close, yet they are 5 generations behind them? Think with an open mind, there must be something logical as a reason.

Even Russia has yet to build an effective uav or ucav as well.

Back
Top Bottom