What's new

Iran Considers JF-17 Thunder Purchase from #Pakistan

Nuclear secrets to America? where did you get that from?
do you know anything about Abdul Qaddir Khan nuclear fiasco?

Check how many muslim countries supported banning India and then come back to me
March 1994. On a winter morning, with the Elbruz Mountains overlooking Tehran airport still under snow, braving cold winds, a special Indian military plane touched down. On board was an ailing Dinesh Singh, then External Affairs Minister, along with three others. Barely able to walk, Singh had been dragged out of a hospital bed to deliver an urgent letter from Prime Minister P. V. Narasimha Rao to Iranian President Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani. Incidentally, this was the last such tour in the 50-year diplomatic career of Singh.

Having mortgaged its gold reserves two years ago, India was on the economic brink while Russia was still licking its wounds after the break-up of the Soviet Union. The Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC), supported by influential Western nations, was pushing a resolution at the UN Commission Human Rights (UNCHR), later rechristened as Human Rights Council, to condemn India for human right violations in Kashmir. The resolution, with UNCHR approval, was to be referred to the UN Security Council for initiating economic sanctions and other punitive measures against India. As in the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), in the OIC, too, decisions are by consensus.

Recalling how India was saved from disgrace, former ambassador and expert on Iranian affairs M K Bhadrakumar believes that Rao had shrewdly prevailed on Iran to abstain from voting. “Once there is no consensus in the OIC, the resolution was bound to fall through,” Bhadrakumar pointed out.

Only after 72 anxious hours did Delhi learn that Iran had killed the OIC move to table the resolution. This marked a new chapter in India-Iran relations with wider consequences. Iran distanced itself from Pakistan in the matter of Afghanistan; and, India joined hands with Iran to promote the Northern Alliance, which was inimical to Pakistani interests. Pakistan was shocked by what it termed as “backstabbing”.

Much later, it came to be known that when the Pakistani ambassador sought to move the OIC resolution, his Iranian counterpart in Geneva, under orders from Teheran, backed out. He argued that as a close friend of both India and Pakistan, Iran was ready to sort out their problems and there was no need to raise these in an international forum. That was the last time Pakistan tried to get a resolution on the Kashmir issue tabled in a UN forum.

http://www.milligazette.com/news/333-how-iran-saved-india-in-1994-kashmir-UN-voting

Pakistan didn't support Iran in Iran-Iraq war, Pakistan stayed neutral. As for Chabahar, as i said its all self interest, Iran didn't do it because it is Pakistan's enemy. If Pakistan was willing to pay more money then Iran would have given it to Pakistan. Its as simple as that. No country is our brother, we are our own brothers.

it is being said that during iran-iraq war, unmarked planes and trains were going to iran from Pakistan. it is being said that Pakistan divert stinger missiles which were bound for afghan mujahideen to iran and also chinese anti ship missiles which were useful during tanker war..

do you know anything about Abdul Qaddir Khan nuclear fiasco?

Well if we go by rumors then it would seem that AQKhan had gone rogue and had sold the nuclear technology to multiple countries. In either case no where can i find where Iran shared nuclear secrets with US, they just accepted that they got the centrifuge from Pakistan.

March 1994. On a winter morning, with the Elbruz Mountains overlooking Tehran airport still under snow, braving cold winds, a special Indian military plane touched down. On board was an ailing Dinesh Singh, then External Affairs Minister, along with three others. Barely able to walk, Singh had been dragged out of a hospital bed to deliver an urgent letter from Prime Minister P. V. Narasimha Rao to Iranian President Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani. Incidentally, this was the last such tour in the 50-year diplomatic career of Singh.

Having mortgaged its gold reserves two years ago, India was on the economic brink while Russia was still licking its wounds after the break-up of the Soviet Union. The Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC), supported by influential Western nations, was pushing a resolution at the UN Commission Human Rights (UNCHR), later rechristened as Human Rights Council, to condemn India for human right violations in Kashmir. The resolution, with UNCHR approval, was to be referred to the UN Security Council for initiating economic sanctions and other punitive measures against India. As in the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), in the OIC, too, decisions are by consensus.

Recalling how India was saved from disgrace, former ambassador and expert on Iranian affairs M K Bhadrakumar believes that Rao had shrewdly prevailed on Iran to abstain from voting. “Once there is no consensus in the OIC, the resolution was bound to fall through,” Bhadrakumar pointed out.
Only after 72 anxious hours did Delhi learn that Iran had killed the OIC move to table the resolution. This marked a new chapter in India-Iran relations with wider consequences. Iran distanced itself from Pakistan in the matter of Afghanistan; and, India joined hands with Iran to promote the Northern Alliance, which was inimical to Pakistani interests. Pakistan was shocked by what it termed as “backstabbing”.

Much later, it came to be known that when the Pakistani ambassador sought to move the OIC resolution, his Iranian counterpart in Geneva, under orders from Teheran, backed out. He argued that as a close friend of both India and Pakistan, Iran was ready to sort out their problems and there was no need to raise these in an international forum. That was the last time Pakistan tried to get a resolution on the Kashmir issue tabled in a UN forum.

http://www.milligazette.com/news/333-how-iran-saved-india-in-1994-kashmir-UN-voting

" During the 'General debate on the overall update of the High Commissioner on the situation of Human Rights worldwide and on the activities of his office' at the Human Rights Council, the Kashmir report was discussed, and six nations rejected the report authored by Zeid Raad Al Hussein.

There were two from Asia (Bhutan, Afghanistan), one from Africa (Mauritius), one from Eurasia (Belarus), and two from Latin America (Cuba, Venezuela).

While Pakistan's permanent representative to UN in Geneva, Farukh Amil, made an ardent appeal on behalf of his own country to establish a commission of inquiry in Jammu and Kashmir, he did not have much to add when he spoke on behalf of the OIC (Organisation of Islamic Cooperation).

"The OHCHR report on Jammu & Kashmir also points to a grave situation in Indian Administered Kashmir and needs appropriate follow up by this council," said the Pakistan envoy on behalf of OIC.

Not a single country came out in support of either Pakistan or the OHCHR report on Kashmir, while many questioned the timing and the veracity of the report itself. "

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...ir-at-un-pakistan-isolated-1265751-2018-06-21

As i said before no one is our brother, and all this is proving is that Pakistan sucks at diplomacy.

it is being said that during iran-iraq war, unmarked planes and trains were going to iran from Pakistan. it is being said that Pakistan divert stinger missiles which were bound for afghan mujahideen to iran and also chinese anti ship missiles which were useful during tanker war..

I had family members in the military, and they all said that they didn't choose sides. Also do you seriously think that our leaders will ditch the Arabs for Iran.

Iran ko agar yeh jahaz diya hamney to bohot buri tarah pachtayeinge hum...

When situation goes bad with them, wohi Jf-17 , haqmarey apney tayyarey, humara kachumar nikal rahe hongey

Main sakthi se khilaf hun Iran ko deney ka ye tayyarey
To bhai is me konsi bari bat ha aik f16 wala killswitch lga k bech dena.

They will use it against our friends.
Also Iranian are bad at keeping their promises. They would give access to India and also try to temper with plane along with trying to copy it.
We should not sell it to Iran.

Iran ko agar yeh jahaz diya hamney to bohot buri tarah pachtayeinge hum...

When situation goes bad with them, wohi Jf-17 , haqmarey apney tayyarey, humara kachumar nikal rahe hongey

Main sakthi se khilaf hun Iran ko deney ka ye tayyarey
I agree k Iran ko Pakistan ka koi khyal nahi. Apnay mufad k liye Pakistan ko side pe laga dein ge.

Lakin apnay JF17 inhein bechnay ke 2 faiday hon ge. Ek toh profit ho ga or doosra woh humari taraf aankhein uthanay se pehle hazar baar sochein ge. Jaise US F16 ko leverage k taur per istamal kerta hai is position mein Pak ho ga. Uske alawa Pak ko JF17 ki khasoosiat ka ilm or experience ho ga.

Otherwise agar woh koi or jet khareedein ge toh woh potentially humaray khilaf istamal honay ka chance utna hi rahe ga...or humein na profit ho ga na leverage milay gi.

Last edited:
Thanks but no Thanks.

The Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force is considering the purchase of Pakistani-made JF-17 Thunder fighter jets to progressively replace its ageing F-14 and MiG-29 fighter jets.

According to Muzammil Hatami, officials of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps announced an upcoming deal with Pakistan for an purchase of JF-17 Thunder fighter jets during the IDEAS 2018 exhibition.

“IRGC [Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps] general giving remarks (to induct JF17 Thunder next year in Iranian air force fleet) after visiting Pakistan made fighter jet JF-17 Thunder fighter at 10th IDEAS exhibition in Karachi Pakistan,” said Muzammil Hatami.

Iran has long been in search of a replacement for its ageing 3rd generation fighter jets. After decades of financial and technological strangulation, Iran trying to rebuild its air force.

Shortly before, Iran counted to sign a contract with Russia to buy the Sukhoi Su-30SM fighter jets. But because of the influence of the United States and several European countries, the deal never took place.

The option of buying JF-17 Thunder fighter jets is perfect for Iran and it is quite possible that a contract for new aircraft may be signed in the near future.

JF-17 “Thunder” is a multirole fighter developed jointly by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and the Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) of China.

The JF-17 can be used for aerial reconnaissance, ground attack and aircraft interception.

https://defence-blog.com/news/iran-...Tap14ts_LxW-E4V5Tq54UdxwMYxKt5qFEBUyJ_8_FAryE

Iran hamara dost nh hai....yeh kisi k wafadar nhi hain...

in k past k biyanaat utha k dekhlo Pakistan k baarey me
In both war with india, it was iran who opened its airspace and airports for us to park our jets.. Sary arbon na bary itmeenan sa Pakistan k 2 tukry hoty daikhty mashalla sa...

KSA will buy it . I think pak is playing the game to get attention from KSA

Sir but
Only if they buy minimum 40.
How about their Kowsar etc their programs are failed.

KSA will buy it . I think pak is playing the game to get attention from KSA
They already got typhoon.tornado. Eagle like toys not need of it I think.

In both war with india, it was iran who opened its airspace and airports for us to park our jets.. Sary arbon na bary itmeenan sa Pakistan k 2 tukry hoty daikhty mashalla sa...

That was during the Shah's era, When we had open borders with Iran. Remember RCD (Regional Cooperation for Development).

Anyway things have changed but we need to learn from history. No one is a permanent friend or foe and there isn't anything brotherly between countries. National interest should always come first. Selling these fighters would be in Pakistan's interest.

That was during the Shah's era, When we had open borders with Iran. Remember RCD (Regional Cooperation for Development).

Anyway things have changed but we need to learn from history. No one is a permanent friend or foe and there isn't anything brotherly between countries. National interest should always come first. Selling these fighters would be in Pakistan's interest.
Actually Iran has now become India's best friend I think.

I hope JF-17 are never exported to Iran, it is a sanctioned country and if Pakistan exports defence equipment to them Pakistan might face financial sanctions by US, EU and Arab states in future. Iran cannot be trusted as in the past they reversed engineered defence equipment like F-5 Jets, F-14s (parts), AH-1 Cobra helos etc. JF-17 and related technology will be future work horse of PAF, I dont see any wisdom to export this platform to Iran. I understand Iran Air Force needs to replace aging vintage jets but it should buy the fighters from Super power nations like Russia or China that can bear US financial sanctions.

Having stayed quiet and read all the comments i have come to the conclusion.
1. Sale will not be without serious issues.
2. We risk our relations with the arabs
3. We risk plane being made available to the indians for testing.
4. Copying the technology
5..and most importantly....the decision will not be just Pakistans but also china which is a major stakeholder.

I think if we can help it we should avoid the sale of this aircraft.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom