What's new

Iran Considers JF-17 Thunder Purchase from #Pakistan

Aawish

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force is considering the purchase of Pakistani-made JF-17 Thunder fighter jets to progressively replace its ageing F-14 and MiG-29 fighter jets.

According to Muzammil Hatami, officials of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps announced an upcoming deal with Pakistan for an purchase of JF-17 Thunder fighter jets during the IDEAS 2018 exhibition.

“IRGC [Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps] general giving remarks (to induct JF17 Thunder next year in Iranian air force fleet) after visiting Pakistan made fighter jet JF-17 Thunder fighter at 10th IDEAS exhibition in Karachi Pakistan,” said Muzammil Hatami.

Iran has long been in search of a replacement for its ageing 3rd generation fighter jets. After decades of financial and technological strangulation, Iran trying to rebuild its air force.

Shortly before, Iran counted to sign a contract with Russia to buy the Sukhoi Su-30SM fighter jets. But because of the influence of the United States and several European countries, the deal never took place.

The option of buying JF-17 Thunder fighter jets is perfect for Iran and it is quite possible that a contract for new aircraft may be signed in the near future.

JF-17 “Thunder” is a multirole fighter developed jointly by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and the Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) of China.

The JF-17 can be used for aerial reconnaissance, ground attack and aircraft interception.

https://defence-blog.com/news/iran-...Tap14ts_LxW-E4V5Tq54UdxwMYxKt5qFEBUyJ_8_FAryE

That champo is not authentic source.

Btw Iran did showed it's interest but members here were in denial.

Iran ko agar yeh jahaz diya hamney to bohot buri tarah pachtayeinge hum...

When situation goes bad with them, wohi Jf-17 , haqmarey apney tayyarey, humara kachumar nikal rahe hongey

Main sakthi se khilaf hun Iran ko deney ka ye tayyarey

My gut feelings is like "it's too good to be true"....

Anyway, a great piece of news...

Once Mevlana Rumi was having a discussion in his Dergah with some Murids. Suddenly, a folk rushed in and said, "Hazretleri your Master is alive"!!!! Mevlana looked excited and gifted his wrap to that man. When that man left the Murids reminded him that the guy was in fact lying!!! El-Jevap from Mevlana: if it were true I'd have given him my life....

Last edited:
Iran ko agar yeh jahaz diya hamney to bohot buri tarah pachtayeinge hum...

When situation goes bad with them, wohi Jf-17 , haqmarey apney tayyarey, humara kachumar nikal rahe hongey

Main sakthi se khilaf hun Iran ko deney ka ye tayyarey
Actually nhi.
Cheen bhi hai darmiyan main aur sare support jahaz ki PAC ne deni hai woh masla nhi masla yeh hai keh iran ko koi mulk 2021 se phele major aslaha nhi bech sakta.

My gut feelings is like "it's too good to be true"....

Anyway, a great piece of news...

Once Mevlana Rumi was having a discussion in his Dergah with some Murids. Suddenly, a folk rushed in and said, "Hazretleri your Master is alive"!!!! Mevlana looked excited and gifted his wrap to that man. When that man left the Murids reminded him that the guy was in fact lying!!! El-Jevpa from Mevlana: if it were true I'd have given him my life....

I am strictly against this...

I don't see it happening even if Iran shows interest or deal has to be via China like Myanmar

Ink phati hoti hai to yeh Pakistan k sath achey honey ki koshish kartey hain warna 7wein asmaan pe rehtey hain

I don't see it happening even if Iran shows interest or deal has to be via China like Myanmar
Talks were jeld in detail with pakistani authorities in 2016 17 don't know what happened after may 2018.

Irespective of credibility of the source posted above it is obvious that with time JF17 plateform is maturing and evolving and I am pretty sure one day this beast will be flying in multiple colours.

1024px-Pakistan_Air_Force_JF-17_Thunder_flies_in_front_of_the_26%2C660_ft_high_Nanga_Parbat.jpg

Last edited:
i had said it way back in 2012, that JF17 and Al Khalid Tank are the only real and logical option for iranis to buy, but they were obsessed with twin engine Russian Fighters with ''long legs'':lol:

it seems somebody gave their big/long 'thing' up their asses and send them back to reality.

relax, myanmare bhi nai ha...hamain paisy chahean....zarurat k waqt gadhy ko bhi baap banana parta ha!
Watch your tongue, this is a defense forum - not some backwater high school.

Back
Top Bottom