What's new

India’s HAL Offers To Build 40 Additional Sukhoi Su-30MKI Fighters

Empty Pockets compared To China Defense Budget of $150 billion ............YES

But Empty pockets compared to 98% of the WORLD = NO

$60 BILLION per Year With approximately $15 billion for Air Force alone is equal to Pakistans entire forex

And the Budget is 8 times YOUR size.

You people talk about J31 and Joining Turkish FSX programme buying S400 AND inductiong 300 THUNDERS with AESA ............. WITH whose money ?????????

And yet you tell US and claim Indian is running out of Money

BY WHAT STANDARD

Leave it be,don't argue with school kids who i doubt even know the pakistani defence budget else they would keep quiet.

Agreed. Indian Airforce is approved to have 42 fighter squadrons i.e. around 840 fighters. Of these 840, 270 are SU-30. Except SU-30 all other fighters are scheduled for retirement. So India needs around 570 fighters that need to be inducted.

India should go for following to replace the old fighters.

100 Rafale
100 Gripen
100 F-16
100 F/A-18
100 PAK-FA
100 F-135

Those are fighters,not shoes and IAF is not a woman.

personally I will be delighted if it happens.

India needs a far bigger gdp than just 2.5 trillion dollars I think to generate a much bigger defense budget

Only then can they achieve the ssquadron modernisation they need

Indian Airforce has $1 Billion this year for new procurement. This is the money everyone is after. Will it be used for additional SU-30 or S-400 or additional Rafale?

IAF needs more money
its hopelessly out numbered and out gunned against china(500+ flankers, 500+ j-10s)
it needs 800 fighters like yesterday, with this rate i doubt IAF will even be able to maintain 30 sq

the mig 21, mig 27 are done, jaguars are being pushed to the limit and suppose to go anytime, even with AESA upgrade that got 10 years delayed and still is in question due to lack of engine, jaguars should simply be retired, it wasnt a good bomber to begin with

mig 29s are nearing their end life too in next 10 years and mirages 2000 have another 15 years after upgrade

this leaves only su 30 and rafale, if procurement is 15 years process ending up with just 36 fighters things are bad

solution:
keep it simple

1. procure more su 30, ensure more home built parts through talks with russia so all spare parts are readily available to increase its availability, get a lesson from china with 500+ flankers being built at home

2. either get the LCA as it is (rather than wasting time on 1a, 2 etc) or my advise completely scarp it and go for new single engine licence produced platform that can be obtained in 250+ numbers, the best option is gripen NG, as f-16 has some issues with being a JV between partner nations, IAF needs a "j-10" of its own, LCA is not thar aircraft

3. get few more rafales , if IAF has money left

IAF doesn't has luxury of time to wait for LCA, it has been waiting for 20 years since the first tech demonstrator rolled out in 2001, LCA should have atleast been where jf-17 is(despite PAF being bankrupt which led to slow production in 2009-15 time frame), realistically, i dont think HAL cannot provide the numbers or quality, it should be engaged in su30, LCA should be scrapped, AMCA should be made the priority and gripen should be licensed produced with private partner

Back
Top Bottom