What's new

India's anti ballistic missile capabilities

Why not?
we have pigeons...We can launch thousands of pigeons so that BrahMos get knocked out of the sky due to bird strike...That is if it ever manages to reach a land target.:lol::lol:

HAHAHAHA............good one boss......nice line to start with smile. good joke 2 start the day

I would like to no more about Indis'a missile shield or missile defense systems....
As far as i know,Pakistani Ballistic missiles simply cant be shot by any weapon systems..not even the Patriot .
Enlighten me if i am missing something here?

No country says their missiles can be shot by other country's missile defence system. Neither Pakistan nor India nor any other country in this world. Reality comes at the time of war.

AAD_Launch_Crop.jpg

AAD_Test_Crop.jpg

PAD was tested in November 2006, followed by AAD in December 2007. With the test of the PAD missile, India became the fourth country to have successfully developed an Anti-ballistic missile system, after United States, Russia and Israel

On March 6, 2009 DRDO carried out a second successful test of PAD interceptor missile. The target used was ship launched Dhanush missile which followed the trajectory of a missile with range of 1500 km. The target was tracked by swordfish (LRTR) Radar and destroyed by PAD missile at 75 km altitude.

According to scientist V. K. Saraswat of DRDO the missiles will work in tandem to ensure a hit probability of 99.8 percent.[23] Induction of the system into services is expected to be in 2011.

99.8% probability sounds like a really stupid claim, especially considering Shaheen is probably already MIRVed and that it has capability to fly evasive maneuvers. The distance the locations that will be hit is also so small that you'll have very little time to do much about it.

99.8% probability sounds like a really stupid claim, especially considering Shaheen is probably already MIRVed and that it has capability to fly evasive maneuvers. The distance the locations that will be hit is also so small that you'll have very little time to do much about it.

Thats Probably why Military strategists opt for an Eye In the Sky, Yes Iam Talking about our Very On AWACS, Unless Otherwise You got Speed and Stealth and , There is Hardly any Chance for You to escape the Interceptors.... And May I know If the Saheen gets Guidance from an External Source or is The command Generated Internally from its missile computer???

Because a Missile can Only escape an Incoming missile if the commands are generated Very well Inside its Missile Computers to Deflect and Deviate from the actual Intended flight path and strike The tarket with Pin Point accuracy Provided the speed....

But even then, a Ballistic Missile escaping the Clutches of an Interceptor which has been put to Rough Test has 0% chance to escape....

Last edited:
This is what I could find on Shaheen II. Interesting read.

This re-entry vehicle is unlike that of the Shaheen-I in that it has four moving delta control fins at the rear and small solid/liquid-propellant side thrust motors, which are used to orientate the re-entry vehicle after the booster stage is depleted or before re-entry to improve accuracy by providing stabilization during the terminal phase. This can also be used to fly evasive manoeuvres, making it immensely problematic for existing anti-ballistic missile (ABM) defence systems to successfully intercept the missile. The Shaheen-II warhead may change its trajectory several times during re-entry and during the terminal phase, effectively preventing ABM radar systems from pre-calculating intercept points.

Can you please elaborate why the claim is stupid? The "evasive maneuvers" are based on GPS signals and hence are pre-programmed into the mission so that the trajectories are not easily predicted. Again based on its altitude and trajectory the missile cannot make changes however which way it wants, there are several limitations to this. Even if we consider the base has provisions to make inputs to the flight path, does the base have info on the anti-missiles fired?

It is not one missile chasing another, India's system has two tiers and the missile is connected to a wide area network getting information from Radars, Satellites, AWACS and so on, computations and predictions are made using 10 computers. I dont see why you think the 98% is a stupid claim.

So, if the command base thinks the missile is maneuvering itself, the system is capable of predicting the path it may take and also make a decision to fire more than one missile if needed, based on the information.

MIRV at this point in time is a speculation..but the Indian Anti Ballistic Missiles are not.

People here SERIOUSLY overestimate chance of a nuclear war. let me explain:

Pakistan might be committed to a first strike to save itself, but that first strike will only occur if the entire nation is in threat. Its not a decision taken lightly. Secondly even if the nation is in threat of being overwhelmed and strategic assets are being destroyed, the first step would be a nuclear test. blow a nuke in some remote area as a 'warning shot'. basically saying, 'one more step, one more attack on our military complex, and we take this to the next level'. and trust me, that would be more than enough to cause an attacking army to usually back off.

if you want to see an example of how far it goes before nuclear conflict can take place, check the 1973 Yom Kippur War. The Egyptian attack took a heavy toll on the Israelis. and still they didn't go nuclear (most sources indicate Israel had nuclear capability in 1973). and Egypt had no nukes. Yet Israel didn't launch nukes on Egypt, but rather opted to ask America for more equipment. why? because nuclear launch is not something taken lightly. there are certain parameters that have to be crossed before a nuclear attack is contemplated.

Now in the India Pak case, i strongly believe that should Pakistan be at the threshold of a major strategic defeat that can have serious repercussions on the country (like 1971), then the first step would be to conduct nuclear tests. And i think thats frankly more than enough to make India back off. We simply have too much to lose.

As he said 99.8% only for multiple interceptors against same target. So it will be very difficult for target ballistic to get away.

I donot think Pakistan has MIRV technologies. :no:

Hats of man to your solution...

Even in this critical time you guys can think to destroy some one who is helping you and again that with some unrealistic idea.

If India have 1000 anti-ballistic missile you guys need to fire 1020(approx) missiles :rofl: .According to your number game :hitwall:
And what you think, India will just watch unless and until you guys will finish firing 1020 missiles .....

Want to try it or help flood victims ..your decision.

anti-ballistic missiles not going to work in case of india pakistan -war . the distance is so tiny btween two nations that ballistic- missile going to hit before anti-ballistic starts to workout . :azn:

anti-ballistic missiles not going to work in case of india pakistan -war . the distance is so tiny btween two nations that ballistic- missile going to hit before anti-ballistic starts to workout . :azn:

Anti Ballistic Missiles are For Protecting Vital Installations and Most Populated Cities From an Incoming threat..... And I dont think the world is so Stupid for researching on an Useless Product..... Almost every Other nation has R&D in the ABM technology

99.8% probability sounds like a really stupid claim, especially considering Shaheen is probably already MIRVed and that it has capability to fly evasive maneuvers.
Can you provide links on when pakistan tested a MIRVed missile?MIRV in pakistani missiles is just a speculation unlike the indian ABM which is a reality.

Anti Ballistic Missiles are For Protecting Vital Installations and Most Populated Cities From an Incoming threat..... And I dont think the world is so Stupid for researching on an Useless Product..... Almost every Other nation has R&D in the ABM technology
make a search .you will get the answer .i really doubt anti-Ballistic missile capabilities .:cheesy:

make a search .you will get the answer .i really doubt anti-Ballistic missile capabilities .:cheesy:

who cares about your doubt , we have tested our abms many time we have a 100% success rate. it will work because it is not one layer cover it will be 3+ layer cover all around india . missile you launched from pakistan will be destroyed in pakistan itself so the radiation from plutonium can kill as many pakistani as possible
:victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory:

who cares about your doubt , we have tested our abms many time we have a 100% success rate. it will work because it is not one layer cover it will be 3+ layer cover all around india . missile you launched from pakistan will be destroyed in pakistan itself so the radiation from plutonium can kill as many pakistani as possible
:victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory:
wow ..... amazing . congrats you killed us lol :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom