What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

"Aam Aadmi" looking for a "VIP" invite.

I want to attend the Republic Day celebrations,don't know why I wasn't invited: Arvind Kejriwal - The Times of India

If he wants he can buy a normal ticket like thousands of Delhi Wallahs. The cost starts from just Rs. 10

What ? 'Aam Admi' wants invitation ? Last year wasnt the same Kejriwal threatening dharna against republic day parade ?

January 21, 2014
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal threatens to disrupt Republic Day parade | Zee News

Last edited:
So what is the situation in Delhi how many seats do you think BJP/APP gonna win? Please try to reply from a neutral perspective.

Communists are just being Communist. :coffee:

AAP leads in poll code violations - The Hindu

Over 120 FIRs have been registered against political parties for violating the model code of conduct that is in place ahead of the Delhi polls. Out of which, 55 are against the Aam Aadmi Party, 24 against the BJP and 26 against the Congress.
Still BJP is third. :( Even irrelevant Congress is ahead. :hitwall: :D
In any case, I am sure The Hindu posted this news as a positive achievement. :P

B8MeeZCCcAACunn.jpg

B8MoMOWCAAARjnj.jpg

:lol:

Would be interested in your point of views on the nuclear deal clearance, especially if it's a disappointment for the BJP as a party, by the fact that they initially opposed it and the liability deal, or if the overall gain for India is more important than party politics?

Would be interested in your point of views on the nuclear deal clearance, especially if it's a disappointment for the BJP as a party, by the fact that they initially opposed it and the liability deal, or if the overall gain for India is more important than party politics?
BJP had pushed for a liabilities law. this law is there in the current nuclear deal. Also the US has decided to waive off the perpectual inspection clause.The contours of this deal were determined by Indo US contact group and finalized by Modi and Obama during their one to one meeting.

So I am surprised you are asking why BJP will be disappointed. They were the ones who forced the congress to pass the nuclear liabilities law. Initially the US govt and companies were opposing this provision. Now they have agreed. By all indications it is a win for the BJP

BJP had pushed for a liabilities law. this law is there in the current nuclear deal. Also the US has decided to waive off the perpectual inspection clause.The contours of this deal were determined by Indo US contact group and finalized by Modi and Obama during their one to one meeting.

So I am surprised you are asking why BJP will be disappointed. They were the ones who forced the congress to pass the nuclear liabilities law. Initially the US govt and companies were opposing this provision. Now they have agreed. By all indications it is a win for the BJP

The BJP was being an a$$ when it pushed for the liability provision, it was a lunatic provision done only for petty political reasons to deny the Manmohan Singh government a policy victory. About the worst possible behaviour by an political party, one of the most shameful acts by the BJP in opposition. The BJP has no interest in any liability law, that law as exists makes even Indian companies like L&T wary of working on any nuclear reactor, let alone any foreign company. All that the BJP is now doing is an "undoing" of their own act of cussedness.

The BJP was being an a$$ when it pushed for the liability provision, it was a lunatic provision done only for petty political reasons to deny the Manmohan Singh government a policy victory. About the worst possible behaviour by an political party, one of the most shameful acts by the BJP in opposition. The BJP has no interest in any liability law, that law as exists makes even Indian companies like L&T wary of working on any nuclear reactor, let alone any foreign company. All that the BJP is now doing is an "undoing" of their own act of cussedness.
There is no undoing of the provision. The provision is still there. What has changed is the insurance pool concept.

Nuclear energy is not 100% safe. I am NOT against nuclear energy. Infact I am a very big supporter for it. But at the same time we have to insure against another Bhopal. For that the liabilities law was introduced.

I am glad that BJP pushed for it at that time and retained it now.

The Congress never had the brains, or the political capital to push through a mechanism which will be acceptable to all and be a win win situation. Don't blame BJP for that

There is no undoing of the provision. The provision is still there. What has changed is the insurance pool concept.

Nuclear energy is not 100% safe. I am NOT against nuclear energy. Infact I am a very big supporter for it. But at the same time we have to insure against another Bhopal. For that the liabilities law was introduced.

I am glad that BJP pushed for it at that time and retained it now.

The Congress never had the brains, or the political capital to push through a mechanism which will be acceptable to all and be a win win situation. Don't blame BJP for that

That's not really true, it's still undoing by other means. The insurance pool concept where GoI also puts in funds is pretty much a way to limit liability of any foreign seller. Essentially the people of India are now forced to subsidise nuclear energy leading to a lot of questions then on viability vis-a-vis other forms of energy.

The BJP act was stupidity of monumental proportions, they wanted to do a nuclear deal and not allow credit for any deal to go to MMS. There is no reasonable person barring those who are anti-nuclear in the first place who thinks that provision is anything but stupid. Nobody in the BJP did that as a matter of principle, it was petty politics of the lowest level at play putting politics above national interests. Check what Putin told GoI on this law, the ambassador made a direct reference to it as being the reason for a humongous rise in cost of any fresh Russian plants.

I blame the BJP because it deserved the blame. I blame it in the context of the circus that we now have to do & the extra amount of tax payers money that will now be wasted. I'm party neutral on matters of national security, I don't believe that any party has come down from the heavens or are the sole repository of wisdom. Modi gets a pass because he was not part of the BJP cabal in parliament who went along with this mad behaviour but the BJP as a party certainly deserves blame. Being blinkered on these matters is not helpful.

Nothing is 100% safe, Bhopal was not a nuclear plant & there are dozens of such plants spread all over. Don't confuse the liabilities law with a law providing for just liability. This was a law that was open ended creating a situation where a seller would be liable in perpetuity for any part he sells & that liability would be uncapped meaning no insurance company would provide him any insurance if he did business under that law. Suicidal provision that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom