What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

And the controversy begins......
Vice president found not saluting while rest did (except Obama).
VP it seems could not salute for 52 seconds while the national anthem was playing.

image.jpg

And the controversy begins......
Vice president found not saluting while rest did (except Obama).
VP it seems could not salute for 52 seconds while the national anthem was playing.

View attachment 186744
BS controversy, Modi didn't salute (didn't see about anyone else) when the anthem was played at the end of the event. I found it odd he and the DM did in the first place to be honest, I don't think I've seen a PM or cabinet minister (none of the other cabinet ministers did btw) do such a thing during the anthem. The President is the commander of the armed forces so he has to and he is th one who takes the salute, but I don't think there is any reason for the governmental officials to salute.

tumblr_niscdjjzu51tjfjuco1_540.png

Anthem playing at the end:

3:02:33

Republic Day Parade - 26th January 2015 - LIVE - YouTube

Translation please. I can just gather Modi walked 400 meter. What was the context?
No idea what they are saying but from what I understand Modi broke with protocol and instead of immediately getting in his car at the end of the R-day parade he went to greet the crowds and walk along the Rajpath for a few hundred metres to wave to the public. Not something PMs usually do. Then they showed when he did a similar thing back in August for Independence day where he broke away from his security to go into the groups of children who took part in the event.

In Mangolpuri, voters ask Rakhi Birla: Why should we trust you again? | The Indian Express

Arvind Kejriwal may be rubbishing accusations of being a “deserter” with an intensive campaign to showcase the AAP government’s achievements in its 49-day rule. But the party’s candidate from Mangolpuri, Rakhi Birla, who won last time by a huge margin, is facing the toughest voter question: “Why should we trust you again?”

- See more at: In Mangolpuri, voters ask Rakhi Birla: Why should we trust you again? | The Indian Express

BS controversy, Modi didn't salute (didn't see about anyone else) when the anthem was played at the end of the event. I found it odd he and the DM did in the first place to be honest, I don't think I've seen a PM or cabinet minister (none of the other cabinet ministers did btw) do such a thing during the anthem. The President is the commander of the armed forces so he has to and he is th one who takes the salute, but I don't think there is any reason for the governmental officials to salute.

tumblr_niscdjjzu51tjfjuco1_540.png

Anthem playing at the end:

3:02:33

Republic Day Parade - 26th January 2015 - LIVE - YouTube

No idea what they are saying but from what I understand Modi broke with protocol and instead of immediately getting in his car at the end of the R-day parade he went to greet the crowds and walk along the Rajpath for a few hundred metres to wave to the public. Not something PMs usually do. Then they showed when he did a similar thing back in August for Independence day where he broke away from his security to go into the groups of children who took part in the event.

Salute is not for the National Anthem but for the National Flag.

So when flag was unfurled everyone was saluting it. Also National Anthem was being played at the same time. The image that you have is at he end of the ceremony when there is no flag hoisting. Only Anthem is being played so no need to salute.

And now to the important part. I think a lot of people are too much vella time on twitter to keep noticing such things. This is totally unnecessary controversy. The VP has saluted the flag in the past. Maybe this time he just forgot. He is getting old.

This link should close this discussion
Did Vice President Hamid Ansari really insult the Indian flag on Republic Day?

BJP had pushed for a liabilities law...They were the ones who forced the congress to pass the nuclear liabilities law

To stop the deal as such from happening, therefor to stop the UPA agenda, which they now continued and finished. No doubt that it's a success for India and even for the BJP to negotiated it, but my point was, that they were against the whole deal in general when they was in opposition and now in power could had stopped it, instead of finishing what the UPA had started. Isn't that a U-Turn from their own policies again and doesn't it once again shows, that it hardly matters what BJP or Congress say when in opposition, since they are much closer to each other when they are in power and follow similar policies? Two sides of the same medal?

The BJP has no interest in any liability law, that law as exists makes even Indian companies like L&T wary of working on any nuclear reactor, let alone any foreign company. All that the BJP is now doing is an "undoing" of their own act of cussedness.

Feels strange to see us having the same opinion for once. ;) But what's your opinion then, who is the winner in this case now? India till we finally reached to a deal (the outcome of it, seems to be questionable though), BJP for pushing it through or even Congress for getting what they wanted since years?

Feels strange to see us having the same opinion for once. ;)

I'm pretty much dead centre, that means you & I have a 50% chance of being on the same page.:D

But what's your opinion then, who is the winner in this case now? India till we finally reached to a deal (the outcome of it, seems to be questionable though), BJP for pushing it through or even Congress for getting what they wanted since years?

Still a bloody mess. All this circus because the BJP was utterly cussed about passing this lunatic provision.The mess is still not fully sorted out. I would hope that India is the winner, though Modi will take quite a bit of the credit. The BJP will likely just look sheepish, Congress is not smart enough to take credit and is likely to want to be as cussed as the BJP was in opposition.

I'm pretty much dead centre, that means you & I have a 50% chance of being on the same page.:D

Strangely I would say the same about me and still we didn't find the 50% at the same time. :enjoy:

Still a bloody mess. All this circus because the BJP was utterly cussed about passing this lunatic provision.The mess is still not fully sorted out. I would hope that India is the winner, though Modi will take quite a bit of the credit. The BJP will likely just look sheepish, Congress is not smart enough to take credit and is likely to want to be as cussed as the BJP was in opposition.

Modi surely must be given credit, because the deal "looks" pretty much in our favour since the US demands were rejected. But then again, we don't know the details yet and there surely must be some give aways that the US will get and I'm eagerly waiting to see what that is, to get a better idea of how good the deal at the end is.
Interesting view on the BJP, but I agree on the Congress, what they show as a political party since the election couldn't be worse.

Back
Top Bottom