What's new

Rajinikanth meets Narendra Modi

vicky sen

Reaction score
Country
India
CHENNAI: BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is a strong leader and an able administrator, Tamil superstar Rajinikanth said on Sunday. "My good wishes to him," Rajinikanth told reporters after his 30-minute meeting with Modi who called on him at his Poes Garden residence in Chennai.

"There is nothing political. He met me when I was in hospital and I invited him to come home and have a cup of tea whenever he is in Chennai and he came today. I'm very happy. Everyone knows he is a strong leader and an able administrator. He is my well wisher and I am his well wisher. I pray by Gods grace whatever he thinks should happen," the actor said.

Modi is in Chennai to address an election rally.

Despite Rajinikanth staying away from politics, the leaders are making a beeline to his residence in the run up to the polls. The suspended DMK leader and former Union minister MK Alagiri met the actor recently, but cited personal reasons for the meeting.

In 1996, the actor supported DMK-Tamil Maanila Congress combine to sweep the polls. In the successive elections, he stayed away from politics despite being wooed by national and regional parties.

In the 2004 Lok Sabha elections, the actor announced his support for BJP but the latter drew blank.

BJP senior leader LK Advani met Rajinikanth in Chennai in 2008 on the sidelines of the release of the Tamil translation of his (Advani) autobiography 'En Desam, En Vazhkai.' Both shared a great camaraderie at the function. However, the BJP failed to succeed in bringing Rajinikanth on board in the subsequent general elections in 2009.

Rajinikanth says there's nothing political about his meeting with Narendra Modi - The Times of India

10177975_10152320931820798_3269113780493733368_n.jpg

Rajni fansss.. vote for #NaMo

Yaanaaa rascalaaa #Thalaivaa :D

Rajini does not command much influence nowadays. In his heydeys, his words could rout a govt, Eg- 1996 election in TN when the ruling combine ADMK was routed on Rajini's words.
But though he can influence voters, but not that much.

Rajini does not command much influence nowadays. In his heydeys, his words could rout a govt, Eg- 1996 election in TN when the ruling combine ADMK was routed on Rajini's words.

The frenzied fans of olden days are indeed disappearing, which is very good, IMO. None of the current crop of actors in the South command the kind of following that Rajnikanth and Chiranjivi had in their heyday.

The frenzied fans of olden days are indeed disappearing, which is very good, IMO. None of the current crop of actors in the South command the kind of following that Rajnikanth and Chiranjivi had in their heyday.
why are tamilnadu politics so much personal. Nowhere you see the spectre of MLAs touching the feet of their leader. Its so weird. And then almost personal feud between fat lady and the old man who refuses to die.

Chola saab are you voting for BJP or Amma.

why are tamilnadu politics so much personal. Nowhere you see the spectre of MLAs touching the feet of their leader. Its so weird. And then almost personal feud between fat lady and the old man who refuses to die.

I believe the Tamil culture places a lot of emphasis on respecting the elders, which has convoluted gradually into such regressive behaviour....I don't know if Hero-worship of public figures is a recent phenomena or part of an older cultural psyche. Either ways, it's all about proving ones loyalty in the most servile ways as is possible.

Chola saab are you voting for BJP or Amma.

Have to see. BJP is not contesting in my constituency. I am not sure whether its allies PMK or DMDK. I might vote for DMDK if it contests here. Definitely not going to vote for PMK. Or else Amma. Though my family are all for DMK.

Have to see. BJP is not contesting in my constituency. I am not sure whether its allies PMK or DMDK. I might vote for DMDK if it contests here. Definitely not going to vote for PMK. Or else Amma. Though my family are all for DMK.

Are cast politics play any role in TN like in AP.

Why not PMK? :angry: RamaDoss is a naiccceee man.:partay:

vote pmk in the name of modi :D

Which is better. People should vote for conscience :)

Why not PMK? :angry: RamaDoss is a naiccceee man.:partay:

Lol....! A casteist jerk :D

Are cast politics play any role in TN like in AP.

A few districts in the North Western TN, near Karnataka and Andra border Border. Not more than that.

vote pmk in the name of modi :D

I do not like to waste my vote though. PMK have 0 presence in my area. I hope they are not contesting here. Will vote for DMDK or ADMK. Depends on the candidate. Amma will most likely support BJP after polls.

Back
Top Bottom