What's new

India to buy 10,000 Russian 'Konkurs-M' anti-tank guided missiles

konkurs_350_102512091937.jpg
RIR

The Indian Cabinet Committee on Security cleared a deal where the Indian Army would buy 10,000 Russian-origin Konkurs-M anti-tank guided missiles, PTI said. The deal is valued at $223 million, according to the agency.

The missiles would be used for the Mechanised Infantry and Infantry battalions of the Army, sources told PTI. The Konkurs-M will be used to augment the anti-tank arsenal in the army, PTI cited the sources as saying.

AM I THE ONLY ONE THINKING THAT MIGHTY NAAG FAILED OR WHAT? NO OFFENCE.............. BUT WHERE THE NAAG WENT.....AS IT WAS ANTI- TANK TOO....:help::hitwall:

mate Nag is not available yet in the man portable version.its been made specifically for NAMICA vehicles and for our BMPs.Nag has also got an aerial version and it's called HELINA.it'll be used by our attack chopper LCH and Rudra armed helicopters.DRDO has already started working on a man portable version of Nag and i think it'll be ready within the next 2 years.meanwhile these Konkur-m will be used as a stopgap measure!:coffee:

AM I THE ONLY ONE THINKING THAT MIGHTY NAAG FAILED OR WHAT? NO OFFENCE.............. BUT WHERE THE NAAG WENT.....AS IT WAS ANTI- TANK TOO....:help::hitwall:

Nag is not a manpad launched version. Its a Helicopter launched or a vehicle launched version if I am right. The manpad version is still in development to the best of my knowledge.

Cant you read? several times several members wrote here that Nag is not a manpad.

It is like comparing Stinger and S-300. Both have different size, weight and mission etc.

Many people here are doubting Nag but the fact is nag has not been created as a man portable anti tank rocket, it is either carried by the NAMICA carrier or with compatible helis like HAL Rudra or LCH ,but i do agree that nag induction will take some time
Indian_Anti-Tank+HELINA_Nag+Missile_1.jpg

Nag being fired from a NAMICA

helina1.jpg

HELINA(helicopter nag) being fired from a HAL Rudra

Stockpiling weapons is a coward approach. Moreover, they are just wasting money as they haven't fought with anyone in years.

Now that is an "intelligent thought". Do you think that--After a war starts the Army should go to the nearest Walmart to buy weapons?

I hope that was not a part of the Ayub Khan doctrine of warfare.

We already got 15000 konkurs-m in 2008..Now another 10,000?And That is apart from orders for LAHAT,NAG,MILAN and thousands of Israeli SPIKE!!What is IA upto..?Why do we need so much ATGMs..?

Horses for courses, my friend. :)
1.The Konkurs are for the Mech. Inf. since their APCs are already fitted with these launchers.
2.LAHAT is for the tanks, to be fired through their gun barrels.
3.NAG is only in a vehicle launched (NAMICA) version and a helo launched (HELINA) version. In any case NAG is not fully inducted yet.
4.MILAN is going to be phased out eventually as it is from a previous generation.
5.SPIKE is not finalised yet, it might be inducted in case the man-portable version of NAG does not fructify. Then that will be the replacement for MILAN.

Why not Kornet?? It's a newer missile and is proven against tanks like abrams and merkava

Why not Kornet?? It's a newer missile and is proven against tanks like abrams and merkava

we have bought around 250 Kornet-E launchers way back in 2005. don't know the exact missile number though.
Due to the cost it is not in large numbers.

Pakistan makes its own ANZA 1 and ANZA 2. In Kargil war they were quite effective in bringing down IAF aircrafts. But India probably were not capable enough to make their own.

Anzas are MANPAD SAMs. I wouldn't call them "effective" just cuz they managed to down one MiG-27.
Look at the total no. of missiles fired, and figure out how many actually hit the target. What happened in 1999
Rann of Kutch incident when PA fired multiple SAMs but couldn't down a single Mi-17 ??

India has inducted 300+ Akash MR-SAMs
so far, but Pakistan did not induct indigenous MR-SAM probably because they can't make they're own.

another reality check slapped hard on the face of so-called 'state-of-art' Nag missile by DRDO``lol

Another reality check slapped hard on face of this 5-year old rcrmj hammering at his dad's keyboard.

443 Nag ATGMs on 13 carriers have already been delivered with more to follow after refurbishments
to improve the IIR seeker head.

Stockpiling weapons is a coward approach. Moreover, they are just wasting money as they haven't fought with anyone in years.

Are you talking about chinese??? because its true for them and by this standard their army is card board army. :wave:

Jesus-you can't win with these people! Earlier this year when the whole letter-gate issue broke you lot were going bananas and now correctitive measures are being taken you again attack. India can do what it wants with its money. And the whole "cowardice" line of attack is pure nonsense1 bullets and missiles win wars not courage and bravery FFS! You're living back in the middle ages-modern warfare has evolved beyond the point where there is honour in warfare. It is about who can hurt the other most.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom