What's new

India to buy 10,000 Russian 'Konkurs-M' anti-tank guided missiles

You know nothing lol all armies stockpile weapons :rofl:

Not worried about you get over yourself we have China to think about

China has 10000 tanks thats a damn big army
I would rather spend a little more and buy lesser quantity or something for one hit one kill
but if it makes you feel safe to buy in larger quantity then i am happy for you

China has 10000 tanks thats a damn big army
I would rather spend a little more and buy lesser quantity or something for one hit one kill
but if it makes you feel safe to buy in larger quantity then i am happy for you

Just for ur info Konkurs M have a accuracy of 90% n can penetrate 750-800 mm vs RHA...:wave:

Why we are buying 2nd generation wired guided missile when all other country are buying 3rd generation Fire & Forget missile
we already bought 15000 of this crap from russia why more when our neighbor are making Bakhtar Sikan and selling to country like bangladesh,malaysia and srilanka and now working on 3rd generation ATGM.

the only option for us to buy Spike with complete TOT .

Why we are buying 2nd generation wired guided missile when all other country are buying 3rd generation Fire & Forget missile
we already bought 15000 of this crap from russia why more when our neighbor are making Bakhtar Sikan and selling to country like bangladesh,malaysia and srilanka and now working on 3rd generation ATGM.

It is an interim measure until Spike/Javelin are procured in HUGE numbers.

What do you think about Spike ?
Its seeker too failed in the Heat of Thar... the only solution here is NAG.
Not every country have 3rd Gen. ATGM... I am yet to hear a Chinese 3rd. Gen ATGM.
Bakhtar Shikan is 20 year old missile with HEAT only warhead... which would bounce of Ceramic tiles of Indian Arjun, T-90S, T-72M1 Ajeya(which have Kanchan armor)... at best they set set off the ERA Tiles one those tanks.
Making a working fire and forget ATGM is more easier said than done... It is even more difficult that heat seeking Air-air missile as the temperature level on ground is extreme... specially in a region such as ours.

Konkur-M are 135mm ATGMs.. which I guess is among the Higher caliber 2nd Gen. ATGMs.. and has very good rate of penetration of about 800mm RHA and 750mm Behind 1st gen ERA tiles/650mm on 2nd Gen. ones like K-5... which means it can easily guzzle the Hot explosive inside any Chinese or Pakistani tank to literally Burn the crew alive and set off the ammo charges on the floor to make a Jack out of box explosion of the tank to accomplish its mission.

Old but fits the requirement unless and Until we're fighting NATO with their latest MBTs or latest Russian MBTs or our own Arjun.

And to add here that these missiles might see use on the 3000 BMP-2s only in the IA which is used as main and only IFV by our forces.

Pakistan makes its own ANZA 1 and ANZA 2. In Kargil war they were quite effective in bringing down IAF aircrafts. But India probably were not capable enough to make their own.

Wow, man, I must congratulate you on your genius. Why hasn't anyone else thought of this. We should all start buy anti-aircraft MANPADS, to shoot down tanks. :P

Ok let's get it straight.
These 10000 konkurs will replace the older ageing milan 2 ATGMs in india's 10 'pivot' or defense oriented corps.Along with 15000 earlier bought.And 4100 milan 2ts new version bought form france.
IA is interested in javelin as man portable atgms as A HIGH END weapon for its 3 strike corps.But price and TOT are issues.

Now onto nag,nag is for the armoured personnel carriers in the mechanized and armoured regiments and its helicopter version helina for gunships.But due to delays and problems IA has as a stopgap bought around 8500 SPIKE israeli ATGMS for this role.This is not a man portable weapon.

Plus india bought 10000 invar ATGMS for its t-90 fleet.These aer fired from the tank's main gun and are for armoured divisions and brigades.

Now onto LAHAT,lahat is the isareli version of invar,instead of t-90 it is fired from arjun.

Apart from these IA has thousands of older ATGMS like milan 2[over 25000 in reserve,produced locally],some kornet atgms and recoiless rifles.

part from these as far as i am aware 1500 latest vikhr ATGMS were bought for the mi-17 latest versions.
And of course the agm-114 hellfire new block will come with the apache.

Long story short any attempt at an armoured push anywhere in indian territory will be obliterated.

Back
Top Bottom