What's new

India to buy 10,000 Russian 'Konkurs-M' anti-tank guided missiles

Is it because Javelin did not work out?

My guess is that the cost for Javelin might be too much for large numbers plus there is no ToT with Javelin so there is no point in buying it in large numbers. I am guessing either these are to fill the gaps till Javelins arrive or these will work with Javelin and other missiles.

As for Nag, people should look into the specifications of the missile Nag is not a man portable missile.

We already got 15000 konkurs-m in 2008..Now another 10,000?And That is apart from orders for LAHAT,NAG,MILAN and thousands of Israeli SPIKE!!What is IA upto..?Why do we need so much ATGMs..?

Armies stockpile weapons, if they feel threatened. As far as India is concerned, i thought your foreign minister before leaving said that China and Pakistan issues are stable. I think i'll bring back my opinion about your coward approach as you fail to comprehend :rofl:

really, if army doesnot have any stock of weapons, then it's merely a neighborhood gali cricket team ....

Stockpiling weapons is a coward approach. Moreover, they are just wasting money as they haven't fought with anyone in years.

hahahah really ???? Is land of pure going to fight with great swords in case of war ???
Or wait you need a reason of low ammo to run back ;)
And I hope you don't want any link for that ^^^

another reality check slapped hard on the face of so-called 'state-of-art' Nag missile by DRDO``lol

Have a IQ check Plz. You are comparing different things.

the deal was negotiated and signed in 2010., I think.

We already got 15000 konkurs-m in 2008..Now another 10,000?And That is apart from orders for LAHAT,NAG,MILAN and thousands of Israeli SPIKE!!What is IA upto..?Why do we need so much ATGMs..?

KONKURS M is proven ATGM and is avilable ddjk in both man portable and mm Tank launched versions. prmmgddggj ammapr.@tumnHN

They are "good" customers, lol...

My guess is that the cost for Javelin might be too much for large numbers plus there is no ToT with Javelin so there is no point in buying it in large numbers. I am guessing either these are to fill the gaps till Javelins arrive or these will work with Javelin and other missiles.

As for Nag, people should look into the specifications of the missile Nag is not a man portable missile.

TOT is overrated. Don't waste money on this crap if you can get more Javolin missile

looks like Javelin deal is dead now due to tot issues...:undecided:

Armies stockpile weapons, if they feel threatened. As far as India is concerned, i thought your foreign minister before leaving said that China and Pakistan issues are stable. I think i'll bring back my opinion about your coward approach as you fail to comprehend :rofl:

So why are they stock pileing nukes in your country?

So why are they stock pileing nukes in your country?

Guys,

it is anti-tank missile does not mean that it is only fired against the tank.

There are armed personal carriers, PA has got good number of the same. It will be used against any such moving platforms.

Nag is different class weapon, it is still on.

Javlin deal is off, what I suppose..?

Back
Top Bottom