What's new

India is taking 'holycow' to a whole new level, even killing for it.

I dont think it is the question of Fear. HK is also among top per capita wise. It is more the question of proving your metal. I doubt you Chinese are motivated by 'Fear' here. It looks more like a quest to trump --no pun intended-- those who have historically thought of themselves being superior to China.
China has never historically felt inferior to Japan, in Chinese we for hundreds of year calling them "little Japan" 小日本,they are like our son in the eastern Asian culture. as for US, yes, but it's getting much less now.

good question - the answer is, it is a question of scale and numbers. The number of such crimes are extremely low given the level of poverty, diversity and the total population. India's good things thus far far outweigh the bad things.
There is also a question of comparison. I believe human psych blocks --individually and as a group-- signals which are less louder than others competing for attention. Right now extremism takes form of large incidences of violence involving tens if not hundreds of people. Compared to this incidences of violence against say Kashmiri or Muslims by Hindu fanatics are small and isolated. So they don't register!

China has never historically felt inferior to Japan, in Chinese we for hundreds of year calling them "little Japan" 小日本,they are like our son in the eastern Asian culture. as for US, yes, but it's getting much less now.
Well if you insist so then it should be like that. I have found among Chinese folks with whom I have interacted there was a strong desire to prove that among Asians viz Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese they are very much equal if not superior. China is a vast country, so it could be a regional or generational thing as well. A number of Chinese I have met have some very strong memories of Cultural Revolution.

Weird thing is that Indians for some reason are much more hell bent in comparing with each other.

There is also a question of comparison. I believe human psych blocks --individually and as a group-- signals which are less louder than others competing for attention. Right now extremism takes form of large incidences of violence involving tens if not hundreds of people. Compared to this incidences of violence against say Kashmiri or Muslims by Hindu fanatics are small and isolated. So they don't register!

Well if you insist so then it should be like that. I have found among Chinese folks with whom I have interacted there was a strong desire to prove that among Asians viz Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese they are very much equal if not superior.

Weird thing is that Indians for some reason are much more hell bent in comparing with each other.
There is competion in East Asia cause we share the similar cultural background and even our economic structures are very similar ,fighting for the same market and eager to get a bigger share. as everyone knows east Asians don't like each other, but it doesn't mean we think we feel inferior, we have been dealing with each other for hundreds of years, I guess we all believe we are better than the other two. Generally we don't believe Vietnam is in this league, Vietnam is not part of East Asia.

A number of Chinese I have met have some very strong memories of Cultural Revolution.
That was at least 40 years ago, half a century ago basically, I would say those who still remember the event are dying out.

ofcourse but that is the natural math, not just an 'impression'. For example the reason the Holocaust is still alive in people's mind is the scale (6 million jews I think) which I am sure drowned out a number of smaller scale atrocities.

Plus, unfortunately, there is inequality of lives. 160 toll in Afganistan vs other countries is differently felt and reacted to. It is not just terrorism. even things like natural calamity, accidental deaths - road accident victims, flood victims etc -

I dont believe you

The whole world knows how strict The Chinese Government is

May be some people are being adventurous

But Chinese Big Brother Government has a stranglehold on the People
TV Media ; Internet and Newspapers

You are very ignorant, and worse, you even believe you can represent "whole world". If you can read Chinese and visit some Chinese social media, you would have know how embarrassingly illiterate you are.

By Ishaal Zehra | Islamabad

“Must take steps for protection of women aggressively. You are protecting cows but atrocities being committed on women,” Jaya Bachchan said addressing in Indian Rajya Sabha (Senate). Believe me this isn’t the women alone. Hindus are treating humans far lesser than the cows.

RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat while speaking at an event to observe the birth anniversary of their Hindu Lord Mahavir, Last week, advocated a nation-wide law against cow slaughter, calling it an evil or sin that must be removed. He also pitched for stepping-up of cow protection efforts by bringing more people in the drive while completely obeying the law and the Constitution.

Earlier that week a 55-year-old Muslim man transporting few cows to his home died after being beaten by a mob of about 200 cow protection vigilantes in north Indian state of Rajhistan. At least six more people were wounded in the attack. And Mohan Bhagwat statements were seen in a continuation of this horrific incident in the BJP-ruled Rajasthan that sparked protests from opposition parties and put the saffron party on the defensive.

Bhagwat said many states where RSS functionaries have been in power have enacted such a law and expressed confidence that other governments will follow suit by dealing with local "complexities". Adding on he said, I am confident that wherever RSS workers are in power, they will deal with local complexities and work in that direction. Cow protection should be promoted in such a way that it wins over more and more people to the cause and brings praise for those doing it.

Hindus form 80 percent of India's 1.3 billion population and consider cows to be sacred. In many Indian states, the slaughtering of cows and selling of beef is either restricted or banned.

The Muslim men who had bought the dairy cows at a cattle fair were taking them home to neighbouring Haryana state when the mob of cow protection vigilantes stopped the trucks. These vigilantes, Hindus, surrounded six vehicles carrying cattle on a highway connecting Jaipur to New Delhi and pulled out five men, Muslims, and beat them. Video of the incident showed the men being beaten with sticks and iron rods.

Oddly enough, the State home minister of Rajhistan, Mr. GC Kataria justified the incident, where a bunch of men beat a man to death, saying that both parties were to be blamed for the Muslim man's death because cow smuggling was illegal in the state. Although the cow bearers had all the relevant documents with them still the minister wrapped up the issue saying a case had been registered for both the sides

Though India under the rule of BJP is picturing itself as a mighty global future leader of the Asia but failed to protect her minorities and women as a whole. Thousands of women, including foreign tourists, were raped and some even killed by these fanatic Hindus. While, at least 10 Muslim men have been killed in similar incidents across the country by Hindu mobs on suspicion of eating beef or smuggling cows in the past two years.

In 2015, a Muslim man was lynched by his neighbours near New Delhi over rumors he had slaughtered a cow. Police later said the meat was mutton.

Last month a hotel manager was beaten by a mob and his restaurant sealed in Jaipur after Hindu vigilantes accused him of serving beef.

Cow protection groups, known as gau rakshak, have proliferated in recent years, since the Bharatiya Janata Party of Prime Minister Narendra Modi came to power. These vigilante groups have carried out violent attacks on Muslims suspected of slaughtering cows. Last month after winning the state elections in the country's most populous state Uttar Pradesh, Modi appointed Yogi Adityanath, a popular leader known for his fiery Hindu rhetoric, as its CM. Uttar Pradesh is also a home to much of the country's Muslim-dominated meat industry. Appointing a Yogi with evident thoughts of hatred towards Muslim community started making sense when shortly after being sworn in, Adityanath launched a crackdown on abattoirs, grinding much of the industry to a halt.

Last month, the state of Gujarat also increased the punishment for cow slaughter from seven years to life imprisonment. To a question on the party's stand regarding slaughterhouses running in Gujarat, state BJP spokesperson Bharat Pandya said the government is committed to saving cows.

In several northeastern states, including some where BJP is in power, cow slaughter is not banned while beef is consumed widely in states like Kerala and West Bengal where the party is working to emerge as a strong political force. "Our wish is that there should be a law against cow slaughter across India," the RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat opined. Whether there is a law or not if the society's behaviour changes, cow slaughter will stop, he said. And the only way to change the society behavior these fanatics can think of is by killing few and cut many.

Thank Allah swt for the creation of Pakistan. Everyday I pray for the miracle that is Pakistan. Had Pakistan not been created we would have been living like slaves, faced persecution & genocide.

ofcourse but that is the natural math, not just an 'impression'. For example the reason the Holocaust is still alive in people's mind is the scale (6 million jews I think) which I am sure drowned out a number of smaller scale atrocities.

Plus, unfortunately, there is inequality of lives. 160 toll in Afganistan vs other countries is differently felt and reacted to. It is not just terrorism. even things like natural calamity, accidental deaths - road accident victims, flood victims etc -

Honestly there is much less of an active PR effort being done by Indian government to hide Hindu extremists activities. It is just that those extremists simply do not fit on the same scale as other extremists are -- ISIS being the biggest one of all.

Thank Allah swt for the creation of Pakistan. Everyday I pray for the miracle that is Pakistan. Had Pakistan not been created we would have been living like slaves, faced persecution & genocide.
I do not know about you in particular but situation in India is no where what you are describing. There is no slavery, persecution and genocide. I pity that you have such opinions because there are real genocide, persecution and slavery being instituted right at this moment against many Muslims -- like Rohingya in Burma. By equating these two situations you are diluting perception of the real suffering of those poor folks.

I personally think we with recent Mob attacks,are in no shape to point fingers at them.
Behind all doubts it's sad state of affairs,for both nations where fanatics are getting prominence and support of masses but thanks we haven't voted religious fanatics.
Absolutely true. And where are our leaders, who should be out in mass condemning these henious crimes based on religion. Which God allows for the death of a precious life, so precious you only get 1 and there is no coming back from it. This is the real blasphemy and yet we are such horrible people we can sit in our homes and allow such terror to manifest in our names and our great religion. We must fight the unjust blasphemy laws, they have turned us in savages, day by day.

When muslims kill blasphemous persons then it is saving Islam and taking revenge but when Hindus protect their sacred animal then it is terrorism???
Bhai jaaan app rozana 50 murder karo apnj gao mata k ljye humey kiya app janey ya wo janey jo app mulk mey rehtey hain.
Carry on worry not
Khul k khelo

90% muslims of India voted and created Pakistan, muslims have Pakistan, So India by default belongs to Hindus only. We tried making India as secular but now we have realized that muslims like @The_Showstopper will collude with Pakistanis and defame India. You Hyderabadi muslims have a history of backstabbing, first your Nizam back-stabbed Tipu sultan...

Owaisi hiding in his home from Raja singh.... you deserve Raja Singh, he is apt for your kind...

90% muslims of India voted and created Pakistan, muslims have Pakistan, So India by default belongs to Hindus only. We tried making India as secular but now we have realized that muslims like @The_Showstopper will collude with Pakistanis and defame India. You Hyderabadi muslims have a history of backstabbing, first your Nizam back-stabbed Tipu sultan...

Owaisi hiding in his home from Raja singh.... you deserve Raja Singh, he is apt for your kind...
After clearly proving you wrong in our previous discussion, yet you come back with rubbish. If you want to behave like a troll, well you are welcome but don't expect my reply.

Honestly there is much less of an active PR effort being done by Indian government to hide Hindu extremists activities. It is just that those extremists simply do not fit on the same scale as other extremists are -- ISIS being the biggest one of all.

I do not know about you in particular but situation in India is no where what you are describing. There is no slavery, persecution and genocide. I pity that you have such opinions because there are real genocide, persecution and slavery being instituted right at this moment against many Muslims -- like Rohingya in Burma. By equating these two situations you are diluting perception of the real suffering of those poor folks.

On August the 14th 1947, there was a genocide against the Pakistani people by indians especially the sikhs. This was done in order to stop the creation of Pakistan. The aim of the sikhs in particular was to wipe out the Pakistani race. The sikhs/indians failed. Against all odds the Pakistani people and nation survived. NO power on earth now let alone the indians can persecute or harm the Pakistani peoples. The fate of the Palestinians, Red Indians, Aborigines & Rohingyas can now NEVER befall the Pakistani people. Without the Pakistani nation, the Pakistani race would face a fate far worst than that which was inflicted on the Red Indians and the Incas in the 16th century.

Organized religion is a problem period. Doesn't matter which one it
I only remember proving your Nizam as British bootlicker which he was.... and you using your muslim influence with co-religion Pakistanis to get Hindus banned on Pdf... I have saved your posts, and distributed in all circles, using your posts already 100 secular hindus have become BJP supporters :cheers:
Nizam is not the representative of Indian muslims. What do you want to prove?

I only remember proving your Nizam as British bootlicker which he was.... and you using your muslim influence with co-religion Pakistanis to get Hindus banned on Pdf... I have saved your posts, and distributed in all circles, using your posts already 100 secular hindus have become BJP supporters :cheers:
Good for you then:cheers:

Organized religion is a problem period. Doesn't matter which one it

Nizam is not the representative of Indian muslims. What do you want to prove?
You secular Hindus have failed miserably. you are like Bilbo Baggins with blind trust for Golum
Screen-Shot-2012-12-12-at-4.31.16-PM.png
Just say a joke about Pakistan in front of a muslim in India, then say a joke about India. Watch the difference in reaction. Why does a muslim in India feel offended by joke on Pakistan? But non-muslims love these jokes on Pakistan?

People are good or bad due to their character, so there are also lots of bad muslims, see how they compete with Pakistanis on pdf in defaming India.

Back
Top Bottom