What's new

IMF:Bangladesh GDP 249 Billion USD, Per capita 1,525 USD in 2017.

Please correct your English. It is hardly comprehensible. :-)

Also - we don't compare our stats with India's. Indian trolls typically do that. Our electricity consumption is sufficient for us at this time.

Do you also realize that almost all of your new equipment and capacity for these new electrical plants is made in China?

This highlights the reason why Indian power generation Mfrs have had dismal failures to sell powerplants within their own country, because of sub par quality and at the same time, high cost! And also why they are trying to sell these sub par equipment to us.....

I don't have time to correct my English in pdf..
Unlike you, i am busy with projects... Do you know you are talking about my core field :rofl::rofl::rofl:.. I am Electrical engineer, i deal with solar projects.. :rofl::rofl:

I have depth knowledge about power projects in India.. :rofl:.. please show me source for your claims:rofl::rofl:..

I am done with you.Not wasting any more time.

It's really pathetic with less than 250billion $ economy, you guys comparing with us.. you are wasting our time... you and your macroscopic ego..

You should read what you posted.

Today, NE India supplies clinker for our cement, timber and stone for construction, agri-products for a thriving Bangladeshi population.

In this way NE India will also remain economically dependent on Bangladesh and a convenient market for finished products, whether FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) such as, soap, shampoo, hair oil, fruit juice, soft drinks etc., or more sophisticated white goods appliance items like TVs, microwaves and refrigerators.

The entire post you made is about trade, not transit trade. If you think you have the upperhand to trade with NE India, then go right ahead. But you can't stop trade regardless. Only supply and demand determines trade.

Trade won't make the NE dependent on BD. BD's population is way too small and BD's govt has too little influence. NE will continue to depend on the rest of India, that's just common sense.

Well let's agree to disagree then, shall we?

The consumption patterns in Bangladesh for most products are only comparable in India for some of your most wealthy and sophisticated states, like Gujarat, Maharashtra, Punjab and Kerala etc. NE Indian states are all mostly hinterland states with hardly any infrastructure or industrial activity built up. I don't see this changing anytime soon. They can't trade with faraway Indian states for cost reasons. Their most sane option is to trade with Bangladesh, an export powerhouse closest to them.

Bangladesh population is now 170 million people or so. Calling 170 million people a 'small' population is strange in the least...these people have a voracious appetite for anything the NE Indians have to sell. I wouldn't call Bangladesh market unsophisticated, they have been consuming imported products way before Pakistan times, unlike in India for decades where Nehruvian import restrictions meant one couldn't even find mechanized equipment for basic tasks, even to this day.

cow-pulling-lawn-mower-delhi-india-ph-dan-white-atx22f.jpg

WTO rules don't regulate transshipment through foreign terrirory. It is up to individual countries like Bangladesh whether to stop granting it......we will stop it if it hurts our exports to the NE Indian region. We really have little if anything to lose.

Under a revised protocol on Inland Water Transit and Trade as part of a bilateral agreement signed during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Dhaka in June last year, India and Bangladesh agreed to let each other use their territories for transiting goods to a third country.

The deal would enable Bangladesh to use Indian territory to transport goods to Nepal and Bhutan while on the other hand India would access Myanmar by crossing through Bangladesh.

Under the arrangement, vessels carrying Indian cargos would unload at Ashuganj port, from where Bangladeshi trucks will carry the goods to Tripura to be delivered at the Akhaura checkpoint, the second largest trading point between India and Bangladesh after the Benapole-Petrapole post with West Bengal.

this is the agreement.. you can't dispose agreement unilaterally.. We can court you, if you do..

You do realize that Northeast is a Landlocked region with poor communication with Mainland India right? They also have little resources to be self-sufficient. The whole transit issue is to speed up and better their communication with mainland India, through Bangladesh. However, overtime they will become more dependent on Bangladesh and reduce their dependence on mainland, after getting more access to our ports and market.

Exactly. The Indian posters are swimming against the stream, it seems.

this is the agreement.. you can't dispose agreement unilaterally.. We can court you, if you do

All agreements can be disposed of unilaterally because they all contain something called an 'escape' clause. Have you seen agreements? At all? No offense.....

And no need to court us, we are flattered but we don't want to go to dinner with you.....

I don't have time to correct my English in pdf..
Unlike you, i am busy with projects... Do you know you are talking about my core field :rofl::rofl::rofl:.. I am Electrical engineer, i deal with solar projects.. :rofl::rofl:

I have depth knowledge about power projects in India.. :rofl:.. please show me source for your claims:rofl::rofl:..

It's really pathetic with less than 250billion $ economy, you guys comparing with us.. you are wasting our time... you and your macroscopic ego..

Apparently a not very senior electrical engineer if you don't mind me saying so......going by your animations and memes.....

Don't go into 'depth' about power projects in India as this is OT for this thread, I simply am providing the proof you needed about Indian manufacturers who can't compete with the Chinese......average Chinese vendor’s pricing of a BTG (Boiler Turbine Generator) combination would be around Rs 1.6 crore per MW. BHEL would charge around Rs 2.6 crore per MW for the same product.

http://asia.nikkei.com/magazine/201...equipment-makers-demand-halt-to-China-imports

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...cheaper-chinese-equipment-114091700243_1.html

Well let's agree to disagree then, shall we?

The consumption patterns in Bangladesh for most products are only comparable in India for some of your most wealthy and sophisticated states, like Gujarat, Maharashtra, Punjab and Kerala etc. NE Indian states are all mostly hinterland states with hardly any infrastructure or industrial activity built up. I don't see this changing anytime soon. They can't trade with faraway Indian states for cost reasons. Their most sane option is to trade with Bangladesh, an export powerhouse closest to them.

Ridiculous. The consumption patterns of our richest states are far superior to BD. Our richest big states are twice as rich as our national average, while BD's per capita is below India's national average.

http://www.prsindia.org/uploads/media/State Budget 2017-18/Maharashtra Budget Analysis 2017-18.pdf
The Gross State Domestic Product of Maharashtra for 2017-18 at current prices is estimated to be Rs 25,35,213 crore.

https://www.gfmag.com/global-data/country-data/bangladesh-gdp-country-report
USD 246.2 billion (2017, estimate)

Maharashtra's population is 112 million and has a GDP of $393B.
Bangladesh's population is 170 million and has a GDP of $246B.

So how can you compare India's richest states with BD? The difference is way too much for BD to match in just a few years. And Maharashtra is growing way faster than BD.

Bangladesh population is now 170 million people or so. Calling 170 million people a 'small' population is strange in the least...these people have a voracious appetite for anything the NE Indians have to sell. I wouldn't call Bangladesh market unsophisticated, they have been consuming imported products way before Pakistan times, unlike in India for decades where Nehruvian import restrictions meant one couldn't even find mechanized equipment for basic tasks, even to this day.

I don't see how any of this makes NE India dependent on BD. This is just normal trade. All the critical stuff is still in NE. For example, NE India supplies power to BD. The region has a significant oil and gas production capacity.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ion-in-north-east-by-2030-116020900794_1.html
The present crude oil production in North East is around 12,444 TPD and average rate of gas production is around 11.32 mmscmd. The total refining capacity of four Assam-based refineries presently stand at around 7 MTPA and the total length of pipeline network in the region is around 32,000 km.

The oil industry in the NE alone is equivalent to 70% of BD's oil consumption. :lol:
There goes the theory that NE's infrastructure is not developed.

Believe it or not, NE's living conditions are no different from BD's. The only difference is accessibility makes economic growth slower than the rest of India, that's about it. NE's and BD's per capita incomes are lower than the rest of India. Both regions are less developed compared to the rest of India. That in no way means BD is suddenly better than NE.

No, they are not MoUs.24 billion dollar are firm credit line agreement like previous Indian 1 billion and 2 billion dollar credit line.BD will use that 24 billion for implementing 25 mega project,many of which are billion dollar worth.Do you thing we would have signed only a wishy-wishy papers with China for those vital projects to stop them in the middle due to lack of commitment of fund? China will not even blink to release those 24 billion.24 billion dollar is nothing for China.

MoU was signed for separate 13.6 billion dollar investment proposal.24 billion was credit line which was confirmed by 25 separate deal.

24 billion US dollar is big number even for Chinese standard.

And China had notorious records for their low realization of investment compared to South Korean, Japan and Singapore.

Obv China has 100% MOU conversion and india has (insert low) %....cannot compare at all (though don't ask for any solid evidence of it).

China is easy to give commercial loan but not really up to the task when talking about realization of investment in manufacturing and infrastructure sector aboard

24 billion US dollar is big number even for Chinese standard.

And China had notorious records for their low realization of investment compared to South Korean, Japan and Singapore.
It depends how you work with them. We installed some modality with them like G-to-Go project which is very fast. They like to work like military chain of command. After all its a communist country.
China is easy to give commercial loan but not really up to the task when talking about realization of investment in manufacturing and infrastructure sector aboard

We awarded some SEZ to India, Japan, Korea, Chinese, Malaysian, Europeans. Chinese are already at the stage of setting up factories. The rest of them yet to complete land filling, some even did not even visit the site yet.

I dont know about your country but we in BD are extremely happy with Chinese.

It depends how you work with them. We installed some modality with them like G-to-Go project which is very fast. They like to work like military chain of command. After all its a communist country.

We awarded some SEZ to India, Japan, Korea, Chinese, Malaysian, Europeans. Chinese are already at the stage of setting up factories. The rest of them yet to complete land filling, some even did not even visit the site yet.

I dont know about your country but we in BD are extremely happy with Chinese.

Chines investment comes with more chinese Labour than anyone...

Chines investment comes with more chinese Labour than anyone...
No they dont. They bring labor when they find none. Besides, they have good work ethics and our labor has lot to learn from.

So even the $24B that the Chinese are going to invest will not materialize? Those are MoUs as well.

Chinese have track record of actually implementing projects with MOU's made previously.

India - not so much.

This is part of history and proven.

Why do I feel I am answering to repeat posts of the same thing over and over again?

Chinese have track record of actually implementing projects with MOU's made previously.

India - not so much.

This is part of history and proven.

Why do I feel I am answering to repeat posts of the same thing over and over again?

Dude, this is getting ridiculous. You literally have no clue what you are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom