How is Eid celebrated in West Bengal, India?

IamBengali

BANNED
Bangladesh
In Bangladesh 10% are Hindus but in West Bengal 30% are Muslims. Durga Puja, Bengali Hindus' biggest festival is celebrated with special protection by police and RAB due to religious intolerance but in Dhaka its celebrated in harmony. Even many Muslims go to Mandir to see what their Hindu friends are doing.

A picture from Dhaka during Hindu festival Durgapuja.

Aroti, Durgapuja, Kolabagan puja Field, Dhaka, Bangladesh
1024px-Durgapuja_Dhaka_JBI.jpg

Special program in television is also shown but when I watch West Bengali TV channels during Eid there is no special TV programs, special TV dramas etc.

How do you guys celebrate Eid in West Bengal?

In Bangladesh 10% are Hindus but in West Bengal 30% are Muslims. DurgaPuja, Bengali Hindus' biggest festival is celebrated with special protection by police and RAB due to religious intolerance but in Dhaka its celebrated in harmony. Even many Muslims go to Mandir to see what their Hindu friends are doing.

Special program in television is also shown but when I watch West Bengali TV channels during Eid there is no special TV programs, special TV dramas etc.

Are bhai asi threads Members club may start kar liya kar!

@Jungibaaz Would you be kind enough to move this thread to members club?

In Bangladesh 10% are Hindus but in West Bengal 30% are Muslims. DurgaPuja, Bengali Hindus' biggest festival is celebrated with special protection by police and RAB due to religious intolerance but in Dhaka its celebrated in harmony. Even many Muslims go to Mandir to see what their Hindu friends are doing.

Without police protection.

Idle mind..

What has celebration of a religious festival to do with Indian Defence ?

Do West Bengalis celebrate Eid together? I am curious to know. I haven't seen any news about it in Indian Bangla channels. Its India related. That's why its part of Indian defense. Any West Bengali hearing me?

Lots of marketing in muslim areas,certainly no police protection.Guys with muslim friends often get treated with biriyani.:)
Durgapuja is whole diff ballgame..its mostly one grand party..a cultural thing.U can not visit a single pujahall seriously and still enjoy the environment thoroughly as day,night doesn't matter.
Eid is buzzing but not as all encompassing.

Do West Bengalis celebrate Eid together? I am curious to know. I haven't seen any news about it in Indian Bangla channels. Its India related. That's why its part of Indian defense. Any West Bengali hearing me?

India is very liberal in religion.. but, Okay fine, if tomorrow there is a Ban of celebrating Eid in India, what can Bangladesh do, you will send your 7th fleet, or send Army of martians to invade India?

Please tell me what do you do on Shiv Ratri, or Rakshabandhan, or Budhha Purnima, or Janamashtmi, or Maha Shivratri, or Holi or Deepawli, does Muslims population there celebrate with Hindus there?

In Bangladesh 10% are Hindus but in West Bengal 30% are Muslims. Durga Puja, Bengali Hindus' biggest festival is celebrated with special protection by police and RAB due to religious intolerance but in Dhaka its celebrated in harmony. Even many Muslims go to Mandir to see what their Hindu friends are doing.

Aroti, Durgapuja, Kolabagan puja Field, Dhaka, Bangladesh

what is RAB ? its called RAF.

anyways its clearly visible from your thread that you have no idea about Durga Puja in west Bengal.

why the hell would there be police for religious intolerance ?? the police is there for guidance to the pandal hoppers, as the entire city (irrespective of their religion) doesnt sleep during these 5 days...you wil find lacs people from kids to women to teenagers jus roam around in best of their attires..its just like some kind of street celebration that goes on until the sun rises. So its but natural that you need police to guide people who have lost their way..for people who might face any kind of problem (theft, fights, stampede or any general complain).

eid is celebrated here the way Muslims celebrate all over the world. its a National Holiday on Eid.

what is RAB ? its called RAF.

anyways its clearly visible from your thread that you have no idea about Durga Puja in west Bengal.

why the hell would there be police for religious intolerance ?? the police is there for guidance to the pandal hoppers, as the entire city (irrespective of their religion) doesnt sleep during these 5 days...you wil find lacs people from kids to women to teenagers jus roam around in best of their attires..its just like some kind of street celebration that goes on until the sun rises. So its but natural that you need police to guide people who have lost their way..for people who might face any kind of problem (theft, fights, stampede or any general complain).

eid is celebrated here the way Muslims celebrate all over the world. its a National Holiday on Eid.

There is no need to give explanations and we are not answerable to those who are themselves formed in the name of politicizing religion. Rather they should be answerable, why such a difference?

image.jpg
Eid is celebrated in India with Ied's(improvised explosive devices) also known locally as seviyan(see the image). Once in your mouth, They explode with a taste so rich that you will pray that Eid happens every day. How is it in your country with only 150 million Muslims. Any help or aid wrt celebrating Eid feel free to ask/beg/steal/rob/pole vault/whatever you are good at.

There is no need to give explanations and we are not answerable to those who are themselves formed in the name of politicizing religion. Rather they should be answerable, why such a difference?

Its ok mate. If the guy has a question let him know the answer. I know the intentions behind these threads very well.

I cannot speak for others. But I do.. I have some friends who happen to be muslims.. lol.. now as I think of it, they are my friends from a time even before I used to understand the meaning of the word Muslim.I invite them to my house, my home for Durgapuja, that my family has been organizing for years.Like wise, I get invited for Eid too/

Trust me this @IamBengali guy is extremely creepy and there is something really fishy about him... He doesn't seem like a normal person at all...

I cannot speak for others. But I do.. I have some friends who happen to be muslims.. lol.. now as I think of it, they are my friends from a time even before I used to understand the meaning of the word Muslim.I invite them to my house, my home for Durgapuja, that my family has been organizing for years.Like wise, I get invited for Eid too/

Offcoarse, we all invite each other! :-)

Change your font size and colour. That is not normal.

Nooooo!!! :mad: