What's new

Gulf states Ban Bollywood's propaganda Movie on Occupied Kashmir.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Gulf states ban Bollywood film on Kashmir

Thursday, 15 Jul, 2010

001.jpg

MUMBAI: A hard-hitting Bollywood film about the sensitive issue of life in Indian-administered Kashmir has been banned in a number of Gulf states, its makers said.

Five states - the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman - will not show “Lamhaa” (The Moment), which claims to tell the true story behind violence in the Muslim-majority region.

“We got the film cleared from the Indian government and there was nothing objectionable,” director Rahul Dholakia told AFP. “But the Gulf film authorities didn't feel so. I am extremely disappointed.”

Dholakia said he was shocked “Lamhaa” had been banned as he believed his film was about “peace and brotherhood”.

Producer Bunty Walia said the film's Middle East distributor had confirmed the ban.

The film, which was released in India last Friday, stars the veteran actor Sanjay Dutt and female co-star Bipasha Basu.

“Ban on an honest film?? What happened to the freedom of expression??” Basu wrote on the micro-blogging website Twitter late Wednesday.

“Lamhaa” had already fallen foul of India's censors and Kashmiris themselves, as resentment of rule from New Delhi runs high in the volatile Himalayan region.

The Indian censor board took issue with promotional trailers for the thriller and reportedly objected to its description of Kashmir as “the most dangerous place in the world”, forcing Dholakia to make cuts.

Locals were also reported to have forced the film crew to re-shoot a scene, angered at its depiction of the region which has been wracked by fighting and separatist protests for decades.

DAWN.COM | Culture | Gulf states ban Bollywood film on Kashmir

Well, this is interesting.

I remember how they tried to make the idea of Independent Kashmir 'stupid' in Fanaa.

Sad.

people will find out other ways to watch it.

sach ko kitnahi chuppa loo, samne aahi jata hain.

indian films are full of propaganda when it comes to Muslims and the Kashmiri cause and considering the fact that bollwood films are popular in UAE there must have really been something wrong with this film "Lamha" that the Arabs decided to ban it!

Or, they wont watch it.

Pirated movies aren't available everywhere and hardly any 'average Umars' will know what a torrent is.

Nah I will pass on the movie , I rather watch the next Ashwaria rai in some future movie , bollywood movies look crap now I can't even watch 10 min of the modern stuff coming out totally garbage , old ones I can digest

all you indians do is troll?

Mate it's about Indian movie. So we will naturally be storming this area of the thread's section.

To you it's trolling and to us it's curiosity is the main motivation of many opinions of pakistani's. The movie hadn't even came out & everyone is already jumping to conclusions already. Atleast let it be released to masses before openly, blindly disputing the events in the reel. Which no one really knows about. This will impact the image of the movie makers, So please have patience before going into auto mode of ranting.

Films are some times boon buddy, There was a film Called "Roja" In which the music Maestro AR.Rahman Debuted, That Film Released in 1992 was based on kashmir and terrorism, It kept the Country united.... Those were the times when Terrorism Sparked in kashmir....

It was so Good that, It was released in all the Indian Languages........I dont think the present Movies could take the Spot of Roja.... Roja was Something Special Indeed

This song is beautiful

Last edited by a moderator:
guy before rediculing this movie as propoganda first watch it as the director is the same guy who made parzania movie on gujrat riots which showed true picture of riots & was not allowed to screen in gujrat by hindu fundamentalist

Back
Top Bottom