What's new

Gulf cup 2014 moved to Jeddah, Iraq withdrew

Such a short fuse. Maybe this song will help your mood

Now you are posting videos of some strange, unknown and ugly girls. Come on. At least post good looking girls if you insist on such strange videos.

I am very happy now that you ask. Moving to a new 4 room apartment in a good quarter of Copenhagen.

But yeah, the shitty weather annoys me and a few other things. Busy with exams too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

Ic. Don't you have any secuirty concerns as well?

That as well to an extent, although southern Iraq is safer than central and north, but terrorist attacks do happen occasionally.

Why is it that this Micky Mouse tournament get more attention and fan attendance than Asia Cup?

It's a way to take on the national and political rivalries, that why.

Does Iraq really have a government because true government protects the people and keep countries stable but Iraq, I can't really say harsh words because there are Iraqi users here.

Yes Iraq does have a government, but we also have Foriegn sponsored terrorists who like to bomb innocent civilians through the dirtiest techniques. It's not easy to pick out a suicide bomber out of a thousand bystanders. Nowbof course the faults of the Iraqi government only make it worse.

Iran has won the Asian cup 3 times as well. Anyway Saudi Arabia used to have a good team, by Asian standards, now you have dropped way off.

Before I leave

No one cried , Iraq lost 2-1 against the UAE but defeated all others, big deal. The suicide thing is not even confirmed.

The only time that the gulf cup was held in Iraq is 1979, the year when Iraq was slaughtering the other teams
1979 Gulf Cup of Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Argue wtih him without being OFFENSIVE towards everyone/all countries pulling in others.

@Alshawi1234

Do you have any disagreements ? Since I argued enough with him.

TBH, I'm working full time right now and don't really have time to care yet alone argue about ethnicity and history.

But comparing a country which had decades of stability and a chance to build its economy and octal structure to Iraq simply doesn't make sense.

Saudi Arabia won 0-2 against Iraq in a Asian Cup 2015 qualification game. The game was played in Amman, Jordan.

We top Group C with 3 victories in 3 games ahead of China, Iraq and Indonesia.

2015 AFC Asian Cup qualification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Arabian Legend @JUBA @Yzd Khalifa

I have not followed the national team for quite some time due to the pathetic results but it seems that we have quite a few exciting youngsters. We should be able to qualify for the World Cup in 2018 for the 5th time. Or at least next door in Qatar in 2022.

I don't think that we can win the Asian Cup for the 4th time and tie Japan's record due to Japan and South Korea being too strong for now at least. UAE is probably the most talented Arab team right now. They play some damn good football and were really unlucky last year in the Olympics. Also won the Gulf Cup this years. They could also win the Asian Cup and should at least be able to qualify for the World Cup in 2018.

I am happy for the change of coach. I only remember one good game with Rijkaard and that was the tie against Argentina in Riyadh where all the Argentine stars played - including the biggest Messi. But at least the new Spanish coach is WAY better than the fiasco Rijkaard. Now the players try to pass the ball around more and the focus on the technique has increased which suits many of our players.

@BLACKEAGLE

The pitch was in a bad condition. I believe that this could suit Jordan when they will play Uruguay (probably them) for a place in the next years World Cup. It will be EXTREMELY hard but we can all hope.

@Mahmoud_EGY @MooshMoosh

Egypt lost 6-1 (!) away from home against Ghana in the first of the two final legs for the World Cup 2014 qualification. It looks more or less impossible for the Egyptian team to qualify. You keep winning (or at least used to) the African Cup of Nations but you can never qualify for the World Cup. A shame. The last of the only two World Cup participations took place during the 1990 World Cup. I feel sorry for you guys considering the situation of Egypt. It could have given the country great happiness.

@Ceylal

Algeria lost 3-2 away from home against Burkina Faso. The chances for World Cup qualification are big and the two away goals can prove vital. We hope that Algeria can quality as one of the Arab teams.

@Hechmi Seif, @Mootaz-khelifi, @Tunisian Marine Corps

Bros, as you know then I have a weak point for our Tunisian Arab bros and sisters. I sincerely hope that you qualify for next years World Cup in Brazil. Unfortunately you drew 0-0 against Cameroon at home and in 1 month time the final and deciding game will be played in Cameroon. It will be tough. But it was vital that Cameroon did not score any away goals. All the best of luck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_CAF_Third_Round

We should change this thread to an thread about Arab/Middle Eastern football and all that concerns that.

@al-Hasani

Congrats with the win.
I think Iraq and Saudi Arabia will qualify of this group as the other Asian teams are not popular with the sport.

@al-Hasani

Congrats with the win.
I think Iraq and Saudi Arabia will qualify of this group as the other Asian teams are not popular with the sport.

Thanks bro. Iraq will qualify no doubt if something strange does not happen. The team has many talented players. Just needs stability and a better football federation. Something we all share, LOL.

Since neither KSA or Iraq qualified let alone Yemen (LOL) then I have to root for other Arab countries. For teams of our stature a World Cup participation is a big thing by itself no matter how the teams perform. No team has any chances against the big guns.

Football is by far the most popular sport in the Arab world. People love and breath for it. So many talented and passionate youngsters who either can't afford to pick up a football career or most importantly suffer under their countries conditions or lack of infrastructure and organization. In the future when the region will become more peaceful and the infrastructure improves I hope that the region can become even more succcesful and that the players will play for European top clubs.

Look at all the Arab players for France, Germany, Netherlands, Italy etc. who are having success. If they stayed in their father's home countries they would never reach those heights. It is a shame.

Football stadiums should be built in every small town and city. For the joy of the people and for something as simple as doing exercise, meeting, social life. Better than doing some unwanted things due to boredom.

Here in Denmark and before France where I lived every little village has a indoor football field and a football field outside. Every neighborhood etc. It is a great thing. This is how people pick up playing football and get interested in it and develop technical skills. We foreign students here (mainly Muslim but also many non-Muslim) play 2-3 times a week. It is great fun.

This is also very common in Netherlands I have read. Those small football/freestyle pitches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUuXRgGtws

We see here again many Arabs, Berbers and other "non-locals", children of immigrants being successful in this. We ignore the music for a while.

In the Middle East this is nearly not found. Only on the street. Bad infrastructure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside of all this then Turkey is losing 0-2 at home against a already qualified Netherlands. It seems that they will not qualify for yet another World Cup. Only 2 World Cup appearances (1954 and 2002) in their history which shock me. Bosnia qualified to the World Cup for the first time though. Bad qualification for Muslim countries overall until now.

Saudi Arabia won 0-2 against Iraq in a Asian Cup 2015 qualification game. The game was played in Amman, Jordan.

We top Group C with 3 victories in 3 games ahead of China, Iraq and Indonesia.

2015 AFC Asian Cup qualification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Arabian Legend @JUBA @Yzd Khalifa

I have not followed the national team for quite some time due to the pathetic results but it seems that we have quite a few exciting youngsters. We should be able to qualify for the World Cup in 2018 for the 5th time. Or at least next door in Qatar in 2022.

I don't think that we can win the Asian Cup for the 4th time and tie Japan's record due to Japan and South Korea being too strong for now at least. UAE is probably the most talented Arab team right now. They play some damn good football and were really unlucky last year in the Olympics. Also won the Gulf Cup this years. They could also win the Asian Cup and should at least be able to qualify for the World Cup in 2018.

I am happy for the change of coach. I only remember one good game with Rijkaard and that was the tie against Argentina in Riyadh where all the Argentine stars played - including the biggest Messi. But at least the new Spanish coach is WAY better than the fiasco Rijkaard. Now the players try to pass the ball around more and the focus on the technique has increased which suits many of our players.

@BLACKEAGLE

The pitch was in a bad condition. I believe that this could suit Jordan when they will play Uruguay (probably them) for a place in the next years World Cup. It will be EXTREMELY hard but we can all hope.

@Mahmoud_EGY @MooshMoosh

Egypt lost 6-1 (!) away from home against Ghana in the first of the two final legs for the World Cup 2014 qualification. It looks more or less impossible for the Egyptian team to qualify. You keep winning (or at least used to) the African Cup of Nations but you can never qualify for the World Cup. A shame. The last of the only two World Cup participations took place during the 1990 World Cup. I feel sorry for you guys considering the situation of Egypt. It could have given the country great happiness.

@Ceylal

Algeria lost 3-2 away from home against Burkina Faso. The chances for World Cup qualification are big and the two away goals can prove vital. We hope that Algeria can quality as one of the Arab teams.

@Hechmi Seif, @Mootaz-khelifi, @Tunisian Marine Corps

Bros, as you know then I have a weak point for our Tunisian Arab bros and sisters. I sincerely hope that you qualify for next years World Cup in Brazil. Unfortunately you drew 0-0 against Cameroon at home and in 1 month time the final and deciding game will be played in Cameroon. It will be tough. But it was vital that Cameroon did not score any away goals. All the best of luck.

2014 FIFA World Cup qualification

We should change this thread to an thread about Arab/Middle Eastern football and all that concerns that.
what can i say my friend i hoped our team can make a good match and make us proud in this times anyway i hope algria can do better
this man is the only one who was really playing today
1238350_481296651971200_1871941456_n.jpg

mohamed salah

The main scourge with the African football is its referees. What they lack in professionalism, self respect and integrity they make it in corruption.
The 2nd phase played at home will not be that easy for either team, but it will be certainly a firework.
Sorry for Egypt that the game wasn't in their heart. But all in all, soccer is the metronome of our societies, it certainly give a real measure on the pulse of the country's ill...We went through the desert too, and we know what our Egyptian brethern are going thru.

008.jpg

013.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

And following an arm wrestling for the game transmission between the Algerian TV and El Djazira sport...Algeria showed the game live without buying the right to put an end to the Eljazira's dictat and blackmail...Egypt followed suit by offering Ghana/ Egypt to the Egyptian fan.

Algerian tv action vued by the Algerian press..
64_dilem_131016101226.jpg

El djazira dictat
Algerian looking at a blank tv screen
djazira
He, its here where you need look!

20131017.jpg

game pirating
For many Algerian, Khalladi the Algerian state TV manager, is a hero

Egypt follow suit..

offensive.jpg

What is wrong with Al Jazeera 7abibi? They have probably the best football/sport coverage in the Arab World and plenty of great/famous commentators from across the Arab World. They are also great to cover European football.

Qatar is irrelevant here.:coffee:

Ill be rooting strongly for Algeria. They have great chance to qualify with theirr away goals.
Too bad about Egypt match. I also wanted them to make it, however they are going through something profound in their country, and football is probably not the top priority right now.
Off course one match remains, but dont think they realisticlly can recover from 6-1 loss..

Back
Top Bottom