What's new

Gulf cup 2014 moved to Jeddah, Iraq withdrew

Does Iraq really have a government because true government protects the people and keep countries stable but Iraq, I can't really say harsh words because there are Iraqi users here.

Does Iraq really have a government because true government protects the people and keep countries stable but Iraq, I can't really say harsh words because there are Iraqi users here.

We couldn’t care if you insult our government, prime minister or any political leader, just insult the government instead of the country and no one will care.

Why is it that this Micky Mouse tournament get more attention and fan attendance than Asia Cup?

I would retreat from the cup as we aren’t a Gulf country.

Well you do have a small coast, so technically you are little bit gulf country :)

Anyway, among GCC countries it seems this competition is taken very serously, perhaps even more so than Asia Cup?

Well you do have a small coast, so technically you are little bit gulf country :)

Anyway, among GCC countries it seems this competition is taken very serously, perhaps even more so than Asia Cup?

It’s not about having coast, Iran has coast but is not "Khaleeji".
Khaleeji is their culture, dialect.. everything, Iraq doesn’t share that with them.

Don’t know.

It’s not about having coast, Iran has coast but is not "Khaleeji".
Khaleeji is their culture, dialect.. everything, Iraq doesn’t share that with them.

Don’t know.

Thats true. That is because Iraq is a different entity than GCC. Its a real country with history of statehood and empires.
The other one are land masses with tribal people, artificial borders drawn up by the french and brits.

Thats true. That is because Iraq is a different entity than GCC. Its a real country with history of statehood and empires.
The other one are land masses with tribal people, artificial borders drawn up by the french and brits.

What nonsense. Are you referring to Yemen and KSA here? Both ancient Arab/Semitic countries with plenty of ancient civilizations that predate anything "Farsi" - that btw. is not native to the Middle East.

Or Bahrain for that matter.

KSA was never a colony and its borders were not drawn by foreigners unlike that of Iraq for example. Iraqis are very much tribal themselves. You need to do a little bit of reading.

Besides Farsis have nothing to do with this topic. If Iraq wants to exit then they can do that. Don't think that anyone in the GCC cares.

Asian Cup is the most important trophy for KSA at least. After all we have won it 3 times and been in plenty finals. Only Japan has won it more (4 times).

Time to stick to issues you know something about. I suggest Mullah's as a good choice.

Besides it were certain Arabs from KSA that already destroyed your so-called empire nearly 1500 years ago and ruled empires that were bigger than anything that came out from your country. So much for that.

What nonsense. Are you referring to Yemen and KSA here? Both ancient Arab/Semitic countries with plenty of ancient civilizations that predate anything "Farsi" - that btw. is not native to the Middle East.

KSA was never a colony and its borders were not drawn by foreigners unlike that of Iraq for example. Iraqis are very much tribal themselves. You need to do a little bit of reading.

Besides Farsis have nothing to do with this topic. If Iraq wants to exit then they can do that. Don't think that anyone in the GCC cares.

Habibi, just this instance, KSA is colonized. But its a modern form of colonization.

Habibi, just this instance, KSA is colonized.

Yes, sure it is. Second most powerful economy after Turkey in the Muslim world, yields an religious influence that no other country does in the world etc. Has good ties with all powers and have a very much independent policy. Just look at Egypt and Syria. Plenty of other examples. I think you have confused KSA with Iraq of the last 10 years. Or Iran when ruled by the officer son.

But let me repeat the last part of my message:

Asian Cup is the most important trophy for KSA at least. After all we have won it 3 times and been in plenty finals. Only Japan has won it more (4 times).

Time to stick to issues you know something about. I suggest Mullah's as a good choice.

Besides it were certain Arabs from KSA that already destroyed your so-called empire nearly 1500 years ago and ruled empires that were bigger than anything that came out from your country. So much for that.

Come on, you know that is not true. Look at the attendance, and is crystal clear Micky Mouse gulf cup is of much more importance to Saudia and company than the Asian Cup.

He asks about the cup stop brining history and your bullshit to every thread or get lost
We destroyed your so called ummyad empire and we crushed the Abbasid empire but you know who founded the Abbasid empire

Come on, you know that is not true. Look at the attendance, and is crystal clear Micky Mouse gulf cup is of much more importance to Saudia and company than the Asian Cup.

Attendance has nothing to do with it. The Gulf Cup is not a Micky Mouse Cup. It is the second strongest competition in Asia after the Asian Cup itself. Don't give me other bullshit of some Iranian, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan cup something being stronger.:lol:

The reason for higher attendances is because it is often held in neighboring countries where GCC citizens can travel freely to other GCC member states.

Besides you are comparing a local competition with the Asian Cup with is not even held in the local area. Just LOL. How can there be more attendance during the Asian Cup when it is not held in your immediate region or homeland? Simple logic.

It is much more difficult when the Asian Cup is held in Indonesia 10.000 km away or Japan for fans of Arab countries to attend those games. OR ANYBODY ELSE THAT IS NOT A LOCAL.

Your comment makes no sense like your first one.

The history of KSA in the Asian Cup speaks for itself. It is always the priority and the most prestigious Asian football tournament.

Also you seem fairly bitter not to be able to take part for a person who "does not care", LOL. Make a tournament with Afghanistan and Turkmenistan. Maybe that will be a bigger hit. But I doubt it.:lol:

Attendance has nothing to do with it. The Gulf Cup is not a Micky Mouse Cup. It is the second strongest competition in Asia after the Asian Cup itself. Don't give me other bullshit of some Iranian, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan cup something being stronger.:lol:

The reason for higher attendances is because it is often held in neighboring countries where GCC citizens can travel freely to other GCC member states.

It is much more difficult when the Asian Cup is held in Indonesia 10.000 km away or Japan for fans of Arab countries to attend those games.

Your comment makes no sense like your first one.

The history of KSA in the Asian Cup speaks for itself. It is always the priority and the most prestigious Asian tournament.

Why would I argue that? No such cup of Iran, Afghanistan, Turkemistan exists in the first place. And if it did, it would also be a Mickey Mouse tournament. Just like Gulf cup, WAFF.

GCC cup may be the second most popular, but it is not a "strong" competition. Popular is not synonymous with strong.

Iran has won the Asian cup 3 times as well. Anyway Saudi Arabia used to have a good team, by Asian standards, now you have dropped way off.

Back
Top Bottom