What's new

Gulf cup 2014 moved to Jeddah, Iraq withdrew

Why would I argue that? No such cup of Iran, Afghanistan, Turkemistan exists in the first place. And if it did, it would also be a Mickey Mouse tournament. Just like Gulf cup, WAFF.

GCC cup may be the second most popular, but it is not a "strong" competition. Popular is not synonymous with strong.

What you call the Mickey Mouse Cup or not is not of any importance when talking about facts. The Gulf Cup is the strongest tournament next after the Asian Cup. And since your country are not part of any tournament that even rivals the Asian Cup slightly you are in no position to make such comments. Besides the Asian Cup is a GIGANTIC Micky Mouse tournament compared to just the World Cup, European Championship or Copa América. Like most other sporting events in Asia. So what the pfuck is your point?

Also tell about it not being important for the thousands of Iraqis who were crying last year when they lost against UAE or the Emiratis cheering like crazy if it has NO importance. Some Iraqis committed suicide because they lost, LOL! Yeah, no importance at all I guess. Millions following it on the TV too. Must be wrong data I guess. The importance of any competition depends on the various fans who participate. I could not give a crap about some shitty Iranian league game between team x or y but I imagine that millions of Iranians do. Why should I state the obvious and call it a Micky Mouse game and league?

Who said that it is a strong competition compared to the main ones in the world? I am just telling you that it is the second strongest in Asia.

Iran has won the Asian cup 3 times as well. Anyway Saudi Arabia used to have a good team, by Asian standards, now you have dropped way off.

The mainly Afro-Arabs are bad as it is today. The new generation is promising at least. At least we are heading for the Asian Cup in 2015 (Australia - January) where the team hopefully qualifies. In the 1990's and 2000's we were good. Very good. 4 World Cup participations in a row, Confederation Cup participations, Asian Cup winners, Gulf Cup etc.

The Saudi Arabian league is quite strong. The strongest in Asia together with the UAE, Iranian, South Korean and Japanese. If you look at the national teams of those countries they are also the most successful in terms of winning the Asian Cup.

What nonsense. Are you referring to Yemen and KSA here? Both ancient Arab/Semitic countries with plenty of ancient civilizations that predate anything "Farsi" - that btw. is not native to the Middle East.

Or Bahrain for that matter.

KSA was never a colony and its borders were not drawn by foreigners unlike that of Iraq for example. Iraqis are very much tribal themselves. You need to do a little bit of reading.

Besides Farsis have nothing to do with this topic. If Iraq wants to exit then they can do that. Don't think that anyone in the GCC cares.

Asian Cup is the most important trophy for KSA at least. After all we have won it 3 times and been in plenty finals. Only Japan has won it more (4 times).

Time to stick to issues you know something about. I suggest Mullah's as a good choice.

Besides it were certain Arabs from KSA that already destroyed your so-called empire nearly 1500 years ago and ruled empires that were bigger than anything that came out from your country. So much for that.

Iraq’s history speaks for itself, you can’t compare to it.
We aren’t tribal at all.

Yes, sure it is. Second most powerful economy after Turkey in the Muslim world, yields an religious influence that no other country does in the world etc. Has good ties with all powers and have a very much independent policy. Just look at Egypt and Syria. Plenty of other examples. I think you have confused KSA with Iraq of the last 10 years. Or Iran when ruled by the officer son.

But let me repeat the last part of my message:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

**** this , im out, got to do some work.

What you call the Mickey Mouse Cup or not is not of any importance when talking about facts. The Gulf Cup is the strongest tournament next after the Asian Cup. And since your country are not part of any tournament that even rivals the Asian Cup slightly you are in no position to make such comments. Besides the Asian Cup is a GIGANTIC Micky Mouse tournament compared to just the World Cup, European Championship or Copa América. Like most other sporting events in Asia. So what the pfuck is your point?

Also tell about it not being for the thousands of Iraqis who were crying last year when they lost against UAE or the Emiratis cheering like crazy if it has NO importance. The importance of any competition depends on the various fans who participate. I could not give a crap about some shitty Iranian league game between team x or y but I imagine that millions of Iranians do. Why should I state the obvious and call it a Micky Mouse game and league?

Who said that it is a strong competition compared to the main ones in the world? I am just telling you that it is the second strongest in Asia.

Exactly, you just made my point. It is the most popular in GCC. More popular than Asia Cup. Countries send their A-teams for this event, and cheer way harder compared to Asia Cup.
Why are you so agitated and jumpy? lol

Btw the East Asian Cup (featuring South Korea, China, Australia, Japan etc) is stronger than Gulf Cup, by leaps and bounds.

Also tell about it not being for the thousands of Iraqis who were crying last year when they lost against UAE or the Emiratis cheering like crazy if it has NO importance. The importance of any competition depends on the various fans who participate. I could not give a crap about some shitty Iranian league game between team x or y but I imagine that millions of Iranians do. Why should I state the obvious and call it a Micky Mouse game and league?

Exactly, you just made my point. It is the most popular in GCC. More popular than Asia Cup. Countries send their A-teams for this event, and cheer way harder compared to Asia Cup.

Btw the East Asian Cup (featuring South Korea, China, Australia, Japan etc) is stronger than Gulf Cup, by leaps and bounds.

Yes, you can compare it to many countries of the region and civilizations who migrated from different regions. Let alone outside the region. Besides all of the Middle East is rich in history compared to most regions. Nor are those the same people as those living in the area today nor can anyone living here take credit for anything. Nor do I frankly care. Just opposed the historical nonsense.

Well, you seem not to know your country well enough then.

http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/81928.pdf

The one who wrote that is an Iraqi Arab himself...

Besides I am not sure you understand the word tribal. Nobody in the region is that aside from some remote tribes living without modern technology. Most Iraqis are part of a tribe (larger family) that they identify with.

We are not talking about Africa here.

Anyway I suggest you do some reading yourself. Nor is this the topic. Go shake hands with your Iranian friends here for all I care. Just don't write bullshit here like that post to that Iranian Al-Assad cheerleader. You spent of lot of time saying to users who are anti-Maliki not to target the country and people with nonsense but only the leaders. Go do what you preach. If not then don't cry when some users here call Iraq for a Mullah puppet.

Are you drunk? I did not make you any points. You are making your own twisted conclusions based on something you have absolutely no pfucking clue about like many users on this forum.

What a-teams? The Asian Cup is always the priority for KSA and any Asian country that wants to win the Asian Cup. The best teams are always picked. What are you talking about? In fact the Gulf Cup has much less priority. That Kuwait has won it BY FAR the most times tells you everything about it. It's only gotten more exciting lately because the quality of other teams (Iraq, UAE and Oman) have improved. KSA history in the Asian Cup speaks for itself. Who are you trying to kid?

LOL, never heard about that tournament and I follow football closely otherwise. Tells you about how unimportant it is in terms of top tournaments in the world. I was referring to the immediate region. No other tournament is stronger.

W

Also tell about it not being important for the thousands of Iraqis who were crying last year when they lost against UAE or the Emiratis cheering like crazy if it has NO importance. Some Iraqis committed suicide because they lost, LOL! Yeah, no importance at all I guess. Millions following it on the TV too. Must be wrong data I guess. The importance of any competition depends on the various fans who participate. I could not give a crap about some shitty Iranian league game between team x or y but I imagine that millions of Iranians do. Why should I state the obvious and call it a Micky Mouse game and league?

Before I leave

No one cried , Iraq lost 2-1 against the UAE but defeated all others, big deal. The suicide thing is not even confirmed.

The only time that the gulf cup was held in Iraq is 1979, the year when Iraq was slaughtering the other teams
1979 Gulf Cup of Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Argue wtih him without being OFFENSIVE towards everyone/all countries pulling in others.

Yes, you can compare it to many countries of the region and civilizations who migrated from different regions. Let alone outside the region. Besides all of the Middle East is rich in history compared to most regions. Nor are those the same people as those living in the area today nor can anyone living here take credit for anything. Nor do I frankly care. Just opposed the historical nonsense.

Well, you seem not to know your country well enough then.

http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/81928.pdf

The one who wrote that is an Iraqi Arab himself...

Besides I am not sure you understand the word tribal. Nobody in the region is that aside from some remote tribes living without modern technology. Most Iraqis are part of a tribe (larger family) that they identify with.

We are not talking about Africa here.

Anyway I suggest you do some reading yourself. Nor is this the topic. Go shake hands with your Iranian friends here for all I care. Just don't write bullshit here like that post to that Iranian Al-Assad cheerleader. You spent of lot of time saying to users who are anti-Maliki not to target the country and people with nonsense but only the leaders. Go do what you preach. If not then don't cry when some users here call Iraq for a Mullah puppet.
@Alshawi1234

Do you have any disagreements ? Since I argued enough with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I leave

No one cried , Iraq lost 2-1 against the UAE but defeated all others, big deal. The suicide thing is not even confirmed.

The only time that the gulf cup was held in Iraq is 1979, the year when Iraq was slaughtering the other teams
1979 Gulf Cup of Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Argue wtih him without being OFFENSIVE towards everyone/all countries pulling in others.

Yes, but millions of Iraqis took the tournament very seriously. Which was the point. Likewise Emiratis. This tells that the Cup was not insignificant. If it was people would not have any interest at all which they had. Don't know why this is hard to accept.

Yes, congratulations for winning a cup 34 years ago with 3 points to Kuwait long before I was born. What a strange post. Let us compare the history in the World Cup and the Asian Cup if you want to compare KSA with Iraq. You lose there big time. Let us see how both teams will play on Tuesday for the Asian Cup qualification in 2015 instead.

Not going to waste my time with more nonsense discussions for today.

Are you drunk? I did not make you any points. You are making your own twisted conclusions based on something you have absolutely no pfucking clue about like many users on this forum.

What a-teams? The Asian Cup is always the priority for KSA and any Asian country that wants to win the Asian Cup. The best teams are always picked. What are you talking about? In fact the Gulf Cup has much less priority. That Kuwait has won it BY FAR the most times tells you everything about it. It's only gotten more exciting lately because the quality of other teams (Iraq, UAE and Oman) have improved. KSA history in the Asian Cup speaks for itself. Who are you trying to kid?

LOL, never heard about that tournament and I follow football closely otherwise. Tells you about how unimportant it is in terms of top tournaments in the world. I was referring to the immediate region. No other tournament is stronger.

Very short fuse. :disagree:

Anyway here is East Asian Cup.
2013 EAFF East Asian Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stronger than Gulf Cup, bar none. So you are wrong in saying the Gulf Cup is the second strongest tournament after Asia Cup.
And even if it was, its not saying a lot. How many other regional tournaments are there?
There is WAFF, but no one sends an A team to that one.

That Kuwait has won it BY FAR the most times tells you everything about it.

Well Kuwait is currently a stronger side than KSA.

Very short fuse. :disagree:

Anyway here is East Asian Cup.
2013 EAFF East Asian Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stronger than Gulf Cup, bar none. So you are wrong in saying the Gulf Cup is the second strongest tournament after Asia Cup.
And even if it was, its not saying a lot. How many other regional tournaments are there?
There is WAFF, but no one sends an A team to that one.

I was talking about the immediate region. Should have written the Middle East instead. Anyway not sure what you are arguing about? Why are you stating the obvious again and again when we both agree? Also understand the word CONTEXT. For Middle Eastern/Asian standard then the Gulf Cup is NOT a Micky Mouse Cup. It would be that if only the Maldives, Nepal, Mongolia and Turkmenistan took part in some Asian tournament.

Of course it is a Mickey Mouse Cup compared to the World Cup, European Championship, South America etc. I already wrote that did I not? So is the Asian Cup. Hello?

Also how hard can it be for you to accept that millions actually care about this tournament like millions of Iranians care about some shitty Iranian match in Tehran when others do not care about it because they have no role or feelings involved? As I said tell your Mullah federation to make a local tournament in the Middle East that can rival the Gulf Cup and then talk.

Besides I could not give a pfuck about the Gulf Cup personally. I did not even know that it was going to be held in Iraq next year or that it was even moved to Jeddah. Until it was posted here by a user who "apparently" does not care too. Of course I will always cheer for my country (even in some unimportant friendly against Uzbekistan or some other country) but if we loose or win matters little for me. Asian Cup and the World Cup are the most important tournaments and there we have a very good history for an Middle Eastern/Arab/"Asian" country.

As I said then you seem to care a lot about this Gulf Cup. More than most people who actually have ties to countries that participate in that Cup. Strange.

I was talking about the immediate region. Should have written the Middle East instead. Anyway not sure what you are arguing about? Why are you stating the obvious again and again when we both agree? Also understand the word CONTEXT. For Middle Eastern/Asian standard then the Gulf Cup is NOT a Micky Mouse Cup. It would be that if only the Maldives, Nepal, Mongolia and Turkmenistan took part in some Asian tournament.

Of course it is a Mickey Mouse Cup compared to the World Cup, European Championship, South America etc. I already wrote that did I not? Hello?

Also how hard can it be for you to accept that millions actually care about this tournament like millions of Iranians care about some shitty Iranian match in Tehran when others do not care about it because they have no role or feelings involved? As I said tell your Mullah federation to make a local tournament in the Middle East that can rival the Gulf Cup and then talk.

Besides I could not give a pfuck about the Gulf Cup personally. I did not even know that it was going to be held in Iraq next year or that it was even moved to Jeddah. Of course I will always cheer for my country (even in some unimportant friendly against Uzbekistan or some other country) but if we loose or win matters little for me. Asian Cup and the World Cup are the most important tournaments and there we have a very good history for an Middle Eastern/Arab/"Asian" country.

As I said then you seem to care a lot about this Gulf Cup. More than most people who actually have ties to countries that participate in that Cup. Strange.

When did I say anything about Iran? Not sure why you drag Iran and Mullahs into this. LOL You sound a little obsessed.

Nor did I say we would organize a tournament that would be more popular. We simply dont give these tournaments any importance, so thats a dead end in the first place.
Btw I was not only referring to KSA when saying this tournament is more popular than AC.

Anyway, you seem too emotional to hold a rational discussion.
I dont know how a little disagreement regarding football tournaments, could get you so on edge. lol

When did I say anything about Iran? Not sure why you drag Iran and Mullahs into this. LOL You sound a little obsessed.

Nor did I say we would organize a tournament that would be more popular. We simply dont give these tournaments any importance, so thats a dead end in the first place.
Btw I was not only referring to KSA when saying this tournament is more popular than AC.

Anyway, you seem too emotional to hold a rational discussion.
I dont know how a little disagreement regarding football tournaments, could get you so on edge. lol

LOL? I am the obsessed one? Who the hell is writing nonsense in a thread that does not concern him or his country the slightest? It's not me but you.

Well you simply do not know what you are talking about. I have realized that this is often the case when you comment on Arab matters. That is hardly a surprise when you are a Farsi and don't understand a word of Arabic or know the region or its history.

You are still writing unfounded nonsense about this Gulf Cup being more important for KSA than the Asian Cup where KSA is the most successful team next after Japan. Yes, keep telling yourself that nonsense. You have made no substantial claim that supports this absurd theory other than there being more local fans on the stadiums in their own country (LOL what a surprise - I am shocked) than when the Asian Cup is held 10.000 km away in Indonesia or Japan. Just like with any other fan base. You simply do not understand this simple and logical fact. Done arguing about nonsense if this is the best you can offer.

Oh, I am completely calm. Just visited the toilette.

LOL? I am the obsessed one? Who the hell is writing nonsense in a thread that does not concern him or his country the slightest? It's not me but you.

Well you simply do not know what you are talking about. I have realized that this is often the case when you comment on Arab matters. That is hardly a surprise when you are a Farsi and don't understand a word of Arabic or know the region or its history.

You are still writing unfounded nonsense about this Gulf Cup being more important for KSA than the Asian Cup where KSA is the most successful team next after Japan. Yes, keep telling yourself that nonsense. Done arguing about nonsense.

How did a little disagreement about football tournaments degenerate into this? Why are you fuming?
Strange.

How did a little disagreement about football tournaments degenerate into this? Why are you fuming?
Strange.

Why don't you for once counter what I wrote instead of those one-liners? I take that as you admitting to writing obvious bullshit which it is when looking at the actual facts.

Just take that as a valuable side comment. You might change for the better one day and not become one of the many clueless individuals sitting in front of their laptops/smartphones writing nonsense while thinking that they have discovered the Holy Grail. Let me try in Danish. Maybe that will help a little.

Du skriver godt nok meget lort som ikke er baseret paa fakta.

Is that better? Hope it was correct.

Why don't you for once counter what I wrote instead of those one-liners? I take that as you admitting to writing obvious bullshit which it is when looking at the actual facts.

Just take that as a valuable side comment. You might change for the better one day and not become one of the many clueless individuals sitting in front of their laptops/smartphones writing nonsense while thinking that they have discovered the Holy Grail. Let me try in Danish. Maybe that will help a little.

Du skriver godt nok meget lort som ikke er baseret paa fakta.

Is that better? Hope it was correct.

Such a short fuse. Maybe this song will help your mood

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom