What's new

Greek is a Turkic language

Greek is a Turkic language

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Of course

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
The OP should have added a "no" option to the poll. The two options in the pole are the same and seem like troll bait

The OP should have added a "no" option to the poll. The two options in the pole are the same and seem like troll bait
why would I add an untrue option? :coffee:

1699487394441.png

why would I add an untrue option? :coffee:

Well I'm far from a turkic or Greek language expert.

Is it a stone Cold Fact that Greek is a turkic language? Some might disagree so there should be an option of "no" or "maybe"

I'll just wait to hear it from the resident Greek on this forum

What I also know is that Greece was once home to the mighty Pantheon of Gods.

That has to count for something

Of course I have nothing against Turks. I was generally curious is all

Well I'm far from a turkic and Greek language expert.

Is it a stone Cold Fact that Greek is a turkic language? Some might disagree so there should be an option of "no" or "maybe"

I'll just wait to hear it from the resident Greek on this forum

What I also know is that Greece was once home to the mighty Pantheon of Gods.
Yes there are many gods but Kök Tengri is the father of them all. Yes even the father of Uranos and Gea.

Yes there are many gods but Kök Tengri is the father of them all. Yes even the father of Uranos and Gea.

Interesting.. we'll have to look into those. Right now I'm more focused on count Vlad Tepes Dracula and trying to track his movements

regarding turkey, would love to visit one of those big colorful outdoor markets

Interesting.. we'll have to look into those. Right now I'm more focused on count Vlad Tepes Dracula and trying to track his movements

regarding turkey, would love to visit one of those big colorful outdoor markets
Yes, don't forget to visit western Turkey also known as Greece sometime :turkey:

Last edited:
There are a lot more words common between urdu and turkish than between greek and the turkish, but no one would mistake urdu to be a turkic language.

Actually many people do confuse it to be a Turkic language because the name "urdu" was given by a Pajeet Muslim poet in the 1780s to the language. But it has it's own indigenous name, Lashkari, that needs to be used primarily and not secondarily:

"In fact this mixture of locals and foreigners gave birth to the language of Urdu in Lahore that was called Lashkari Zuban (language of army) at that time."

-Khalid, Kanwal. Lahore During the Ghaznavid Period

@Foinikas this is something you should also make note of.

Actually many people do confuse it to be a Turkic language because the name "urdu" was given by a Pajeet Muslim poet in the 1780s to the language. But it has it's own indigenous name, Lashkari, that needs to be used primarily and not secondarily:
Excellent idea, in fact "Pakistan" is a Turkish word too that might lead to people confusing the country to be Turkic so you might want to change the name of the country too. Something like "Bharat 2" perhaps?

"In fact this mixture of locals and foreigners gave birth to the language of Urdu in Lahore that was called Lashkari Zuban (language of army) at that time."

-Khalid, Kanwal. Lahore During the Ghaznavid Period

@Foinikas this is something you should also make note of.
Lashkar, lashkari, zaban are not local names. These are all farsi words, not germane to pajeetland. Urdu can easily fall into persian orbit more so than the pajeet family, but certainly not in turkic branch.

Lashkar, lashkari, zaban are not local names. These are all farsi words, not germane to pajeetland. Urdu can easily fall into persian orbit more so than the pajeet family, but certainly not in turkic branch.

Lashkari is an Indo-Aryan language. It is not an Iranic language like Parsi. The name Lashkari has a meaning in our dictionary and was in use centuries before the name "Urdu" was created by a Pajeet Muslim from Delhi during the Mughal era.

Excellent idea, in fact "Pakistan" is a Turkish word too that might lead to people confusing the country to be Turkic so you might want to change the name of the country too. Something like "Bharat 2" perhaps?

"Urdu" as a name has no meaning to us. It only began to be given a name in the 1780s by a poet, Ghulam Hamdani Mashafi. Our rough translation of "urdu" is Lashkari or Lashkari Zaban. Pakistan is a name that has translation to us.

Hindustan means land of the Indus. What you people call "Hindistan" translates to "Indus land" in English. Just like Anatolia is a geographical term, while Turkey is the state term, "hindustan" or India is a geographical name while Pakistan is the state term.

Pakistan is a persian word.

Pak+istan
Pak=pure or clean
Istan=land

Back
Top Bottom