Petition for peace

• Moderaration need to get together and figure this all out

Votes: 41 89.1%
  • We should do nothing

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods have their own short comings.Who would revamp,i haven't seem webby around for a while ago.
One of the ideas of revamping I had is awarding prestige points. A member can be awarded prestige points(kind of like ratings) on non troll/serious posts/comments. If a person is trolling/being abusive/etc. they receive negative prestige points(given out by members like ratings). Different sections of the forum should only be accessible based on those prestige points...kind of like senior's cafe. Those who have enough prestige points can interact/comment...those who have less prestige(below the level set for that forum section) can only read and will be unable to post anything thus maintaining the quality in high prestige sections.

With this trolls will eventually all be confined to very limited sections of the forum...essentially quarantined and can only interact with other trolls in really low prestige sections. The high prestige section would mostly have serious/respectable/non troll members. It might even lessen the load on mods as far as taking action against trolls who ruin a discussion bcuz it allows for average forum members to hand out prestige points based on the quality of the post.

@Slav Defence
The events started like this: [LIST said:
[*]The poster @austerliz a very good poster who has been working as title holder for 10 years was reported.When we checked his reports where we noted low quality posts and those posts were the reason of two Pakistani troll members paksarzameen and areesh.
[*]The events heated up so much because as per Aus action was not taken against these two posters who kept on trolling and insulting him.
[*]According to both parties, both have insulted each other and highly respectable man on earth such as Prophet Muhammed(P.B.U.H) who was mercy of Allah(SWT) upon humanity was thrown insults at.
[*]To circumvent such problem we decided to first hear stories of both sides.
[*]We found both parties were equally responsible in this.One for provocation and the latter one for being provoked.
[*]Also, due to absence of mods.
[*]Hence, it was not just Auz we all are responsible for this - equally.
[*]If Areesh and Pakserzameen hasn't thrown personal insults, then this wouldn't be started.
[*]If mods were there, then these two were banned and things won't heated up.
[*]And finally Aus if he has controlled himself and has intelligently contacted @WebMaster and me directly then this wouldn't happened.
[*]However, we all forget justice and started to build up case against him: Public pressure, peer pressure etc
[*]No one thought for once that how it was started and was true person punished or dragged?
[*]As per rule, Areesh, Paksarzameen and Aus and even abscent mods all should be demoted or banned for not taking care of things easily.
[*]We all are then, criminals infront of Allah.
[*]I swear to Allah, I would have pressurized @WebMaster for a ban.
[*]However, again as a muslim I recalled the event of Prophet Dawood (AS) when two persons brought their case to him and he without listening to other party favored the first man.The case was something like this:
[*]"Oh prophet of Allah(SWT), I have one sheep and he has 99 sheeps.He want to take away my 99 sheeps as well so that his sheeps become 100 sheeps" Prophet David(AS) favored the person without listening to other person who had 99 sheeps saying:"Sometimes, the most dominating person supresses weak person".He was instructed then by Allah where he went wrong and that he would have listened to other person.Hence, he performed sujood and expressed apology.
[*]In the light of all those events, I decided that either (A) We ban all three members and demote abscent mods OR (B)Give another chance to all of us.
[*]I approached @WebMaster due to his immense experience and expertise and without pressurizing him to take clear decision which he did.
[*]Now we all have chance to prove that this will not happened again, Inshallah and the correct way to rectify our mistakes.
[*]If mods were absent/ doing favoritism will learn and not repeat it again.
[*]Think Tanks and members learn to trust and contact management.
[*]I don't know how we will do in such limitation and pressure but I have trust on Allah.
[*]Let us built PDF a better community.
[/LIST]
Punishment is effective but in many cases giving chance softens the heart of people.Let us monitor all three posters once again and this time ourselves and issue straight bans if found anyone doing it so.This is the spirit of Islam and this is the way of Quaid.
@django and @Ace of Spades and others, rest is upto you.
Regards

Previous thread is closed and couldn't reply you there. I understand your point of view and your perspective but with respect i completely disagree with it. I will not get down to nitty grittys of it but in summary what you are saying is that some one was trolling @AUSTERLITZ and in response he abused Islam/ Prophet. Now please answer me that does it justify his acts? In another thread another member was saying "pedo worshipers" one of indian members i think it was @padamchen. @padamchen i apologize in advance if it wasn't you. But i vividly remember your name. Now this is the type of replies these guys are entitled to in response to lets say trolling?

Let assume for a second and lets put all the blame on paksarzameen guy and areesh. Does it justify anyone hurling abuse towards religion. And i will go a bit further that i personally have problem with; is the way people are given free space to ridicule/insult Pakistan, promote their agendas and propaganda. And usually nothing is done with them.

I have no personal relation with @django, never had any personal conversation or connection with any of these guys that you mentioned in your post but it's about the principled stance. What is the red line for you guys. If all of this doesn't make sense and what i am saying is not logical to you or @WebMaster i urge to delete my account as well. If that can't be done please let me know i will make sure to log back in again. @django comes back or not it's his decision but if such things are not gonna change then i think what's important is for everyone to stay true to what they are and make a stand for what's right.

That guy abused and bashed both holy quran and Prophet PBUH
He also called Prophet SAWW by different disgusting names
Did he really abuse the Holy Prophet (pbuh) and the Holy Qur'an??? I thought he just said that Muslims worshipped the Book of Muhammad and the black stone.

@Slav Defence ... If this guy really did what Tps43 is saying then how could you write long posts in his defence and blame Pakistani' 'trolls" instead (for provoking him)

Did he really abuse the Holy Prophet (pbuh) and the Holy Qur'an??? I thought he just said that Muslims worshipped the Book of Muhammad and the black stone.

@Slav Defence ... If this guy really did what Tps43 is saying then how could you write long posts in his defence and blame Pakistani' 'trolls" instead (for provoking him)
@war&peace can explain u as well

@war&peace can explain u as well
If it truly went down like that then he deserves a ban and a demotion from his TT title. Religious insults should not be tolerated no matter how much a troll tries to instigate. If keeping fair was the issue then ban all three of them but under no circumstances should they allow such insults to go unpunished.

If it truly went down like that then he deserves a ban and a demotion from his TT title. Religious insults should not be tolerated no matter how much a troll tries to instigate. If keeping fair was the issue then ban all three of them but under no circumstances should they allow such insults to go unpunished.
Here are his comments,

s6ecjA5.png

By the way, all this discussion, in multiple formats and in very highly quality.
AVptVog.png

@Tps43 if this guy does not permanent banned then I really wonder why does @Retired gets banned. In fact, no one should be banned because in my entire stay, I have not seen such a disrespect from any senior member.
Even Temporary ban and revoking his title is enough @Retired Troll gets banned sometime unfairly and he trolls bcuz of non action against some defecto powerful corners.

I'm glad u kept the conversation on record. This is disgusting and shameful on the part of mods. Such inaction of mods will only embolden these a**holes.
And you know I was late comer ... got notified only after @django tagged me and still I was cool and asked Australitz to delete his abusive comments and say sorry so everything will be over but instead he went on to defend his stance. I was angry but still polite with him.

I have found @AUSTERLITZ to be a level headed member. I don't think he would have said what he said without instigation from others. It's also hard to keep your cool while talking to @Areesh That guy is a nut case.

@django was right to take the issue to mods. But he called @AUSTERLITZ things that imo he should not have. He got agitated and that's sort of understandable.

Another point is, in PDF many posters make derogatory remarks to Hindus(I think @AUSTERLITZ was called idol worshipper in a derogatory manner) which is often brushed under the carpet.

I think there should a rule of direct ban without warning for those who insult other's religion or country. Because when one member do it to another, he would be compelled to reply in kind. And in many case mods take too long to take any action. I understand they don't have all the time but when this discussions are going on and mods are busy elsewhere, members would feel compelled to reply insult with bigger insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom